Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Incorrect. Lemme guess, you aren't the oldest or the brightest in your family. Am I close? How much Irish are you? I'm 20%....but that part routinely dominates the 60% English.
    So blackasshole was being sarcastic. I doubt it.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I'm aware that is what "packing the court" means. But I never heard Biden or any Democrats seriously advocate packing the court. Like "lock her up" some threatened packing the court as retaliation for Trump's SC appointments.

Those seeking press or wanting to attack Trump or be good Democrats floated the idea, but I did not hear Biden or Harris suggest it and Biden avoided answering direct questions about it.

"The once-remote idea of adding more justices to the Supreme Court to change its ideological bent is prompting growing discussion within the Democratic Party, creating a new frontier for presidential candidates looking to display their liberal credentials.

Former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr., who recently decided against running for president, became the latest figure to embrace an expansion of the nine-member court in recent talks at Yale Law School and Columbia University."
    As pointed out elsewhere, the Republican Senate can block such a move. However, if circumstances permit, do you think the Democrats would go for it or not? I say they'd do it, which is something I disagree with them doing.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    So blackasshole was being sarcastic. I doubt it.
    Disagreed. Me too.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 Times in 14,710 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's what "packing the court" means; adding enough justices so Biden can flip SCOTUS to a liberal majority.

Agreed which is why I'm concerned. The Republicans have fucked up so badly, they're handing the government over to the Democrats. At the moment, I'm not willing to bet which direction 2022 will go. Let's hope the Republicans can sway enough Independents with logic and reason, not push them away with Trumpian bullshit.
    "Trumpian Bullshit" is exactly the reason Republicans increased their seat in the House and did not lose a single incumbent member of the House. Democrat and Pelosi Bullshit is what caused them to lose 12 seats in the house and will likely cause them to lose the Senate.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    "Trumpian Bullshit" is exactly the reason Republicans increased their seat in the House and did not lose a single incumbent member of the House. Democrat and Pelosi Bullshit is what caused them to lose 12 seats in the house and will likely cause them to lose the Senate.
    Disagreed. There are other factors involved than the causative factors you've mentioned.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I'm aware that is what "packing the court" means. But I never heard Biden or any Democrats seriously advocate packing the court. Like "lock her up" some threatened packing the court as retaliation for Trump's SC appointments.

Those seeking press or wanting to attack Trump or be good Democrats floated the idea, but I did not hear Biden or Harris suggest it and Biden avoided answering direct questions about it.

"The once-remote idea of adding more justices to the Supreme Court to change its ideological bent is prompting growing discussion within the Democratic Party, creating a new frontier for presidential candidates looking to display their liberal credentials.

Former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr., who recently decided against running for president, became the latest figure to embrace an expansion of the nine-member court in recent talks at Yale Law School and Columbia University."
    "61%. That’s the percentage of Democrats who favor or strongly favor increasing the number of Supreme Court justices, according to a Marquette University poll conducted in September shortly before Ginsburg’s death, as compared with only 41% of Independents and 34% of Republicans." https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=7cdf60506ef0

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

dukkha (11-28-2020)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Disagreed. There are other factors involved than the causative factors you've mentioned.
    A lot of the Democrats that promised to be bipartisan and work with Trump only to vote for impeachment lost their seats.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    A lot of the Democrats that promised to be bipartisan and work with Trump only to vote for impeachment lost their seats.
    Awesome.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You're about to find out dumbass. Yep, 2022 will lead to a Republican legislature. 2024, another Republican in the White House.

The last election, 15 additional seats in the House and two State legislatures turned red. You dumbasses don't have the slightest clue which is why you make great constituents for the Fascistic Party of the Jackass. ]
    Right, this coming from the guy who predicted Trump in a landslide, was even taking wagers on it he was so confident Trump had a walk in the park

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,576 Times in 9,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    It is when you cheat.

Two words .. Merritt Garland.
    Two words..........WRONG name. His name is Merrick, not Merritt...LOL. Never accuse someone else of being stupid when you dont even know the correct name of someone you are talking about. It makes you look,...well,....stupid.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-01-2020)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You're about to find out dumbass. Yep, 2022 will lead to a Republican legislature. 2024, another Republican in the White House.

The last election, 15 additional seats in the House and two State legislatures turned red. You dumbasses don't have the slightest clue which is why you make great constituents for the Fascistic Party of the Jackass.

GOOD, NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF UNTIL 2022
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,576 Times in 9,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Maybe next we can talk with authority about Jubal Bidann and Bill Klinton.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-01-2020)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

As pointed out elsewhere, the Republican Senate can block such a move. However, if circumstances permit, do you think the Democrats would go for it or not? I say they'd do it, which is something I disagree with them doing.
    No doubt the republicans would do it in a similar circumstance, but I doubt that Weak in the knees democrats would,
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Two words..........WRONG name. His name is Merrick, not Merritt...LOL. Never accuse someone else of being stupid when you dont even know the correct name of someone you are talking about. It makes you look,...well,....stupid.
    How stupid. I slightly misspelled his name and your dumb ass claims that as some kind of victory.

stupid.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    No doubt the republicans would do it in a similar circumstance, but I doubt that Weak in the knees democrats would,
    Which goes to the core of the problem: Too little trust and respect between parties.