Thread: Cleaning up Trump's mess: The job begins Day One

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Cleaning up Trump's mess: The job begins Day One

You don't have to be overly optimistic about the coming Biden administration to know that we will never see "My Pillow guy" in the White House again. We had to read about the pathetic SOB last week when he and former TV star Ricky Schroeder, of all people, were reported to have put up the $2 million bail to spring teenage Rambo Kyle Rittenhouse from jail, where he was confined after being indicted for homicide in Kenosha, Wisconsin. But I think we can be assured that the Trumpazoid bedding manufacturer has darkened the door of the White House for the last time.

I think we can be assured that we will not see the foreign minister of Russia welcomed into the White House along with the Russian ambassador and given a tour of the Oval Office, along with a smattering of top-secret information that exposes intelligence sources and methods and damages our allies.

If a Saudi prince orders the murder of a Washington Post columnist, the new president of the United States won't be on the phone to him facilitating deals for F-35 fighters and greasing the rails for American companies to get cut-rate oil deals.

The White House press corps, and American journalists in general, will no longer be referred to as "enemies of the state."

President-elect Joe Biden hasn't even taken office and we're already beginning to rid our mouths of the bad taste left by the last four years of Donald Trump's occupation of the White House. He may have been elected in 2016, but he didn't function as a president of the United States as we have long understood the man and the office. He didn't look like a president. He didn't act like a president. He didn't do the job of president. Instead, he frequently spent his mornings in the White House residence calling in to "Fox & Friends" and tweeting out lies about whatever happened to pop into his mind, not bothering to descend to his office in the West Wing until the afternoon. He usually ignored the presidential daily briefing and chose instead to preside over ceremonial occasions like visits by college football champions and impromptu Cabinet meetings, where rather than discussing matters of state, he sat beaming as the members of his Cabinet, a great many of them "acting" secretaries and directors never confirmed by the Senate, fawned over him with obsequious expressions of praise and oaths of fealty.

continued
    https://www.salon.com/2020/11/27/cle...iden-is-ready/

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-27-2020), evince (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (11-28-2020), PoliTalker (11-27-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You don't have to be overly optimistic about the coming Biden administration to know that we will never see "My Pillow guy" in the White House again. We had to read about the pathetic SOB last week when he and former TV star Ricky Schroeder, of all people, were reported to have put up the $2 million bail to spring teenage Rambo Kyle Rittenhouse from jail, where he was confined after being indicted for homicide in Kenosha, Wisconsin. But I think we can be assured that the Trumpazoid bedding manufacturer has darkened the door of the White House for the last time.

I think we can be assured that we will not see the foreign minister of Russia welcomed into the White House along with the Russian ambassador and given a tour of the Oval Office, along with a smattering of top-secret information that exposes intelligence sources and methods and damages our allies.

If a Saudi prince orders the murder of a Washington Post columnist, the new president of the United States won't be on the phone to him facilitating deals for F-35 fighters and greasing the rails for American companies to get cut-rate oil deals.

The White House press corps, and American journalists in general, will no longer be referred to as "enemies of the state."

President-elect Joe Biden hasn't even taken office and we're already beginning to rid our mouths of the bad taste left by the last four years of Donald Trump's occupation of the White House. He may have been elected in 2016, but he didn't function as a president of the United States as we have long understood the man and the office. He didn't look like a president. He didn't act like a president. He didn't do the job of president. Instead, he frequently spent his mornings in the White House residence calling in to "Fox & Friends" and tweeting out lies about whatever happened to pop into his mind, not bothering to descend to his office in the West Wing until the afternoon. He usually ignored the presidential daily briefing and chose instead to preside over ceremonial occasions like visits by college football champions and impromptu Cabinet meetings, where rather than discussing matters of state, he sat beaming as the members of his Cabinet, a great many of them "acting" secretaries and directors never confirmed by the Senate, fawned over him with obsequious expressions of praise and oaths of fealty.

continued
    "Palms" and BLM...are you ready?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

The White House got turned into the Jerry Springer Show.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-27-2020), evince (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It will be reassuring to know that we have a functioning president who actually reads the daily briefs, and one who has a team of people working on knowing what's going on and working out possible plans of action to be decided by group meetings where people are actually allowed to function as a unit capable of brainstorming ideas, with a competent leader who knows how to manage a group.

That will be so much more functional than to just have one extremely sensitive and insecure person with a bunch of yes-men constantly fearful of their jobs, afraid to take any initiative.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-27-2020), evince (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post

continued

Great opinion piece; thanks for posting it. The return of dignity and decency to our highest office is a welcome relief from the shitshow of the last four years.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-27-2020), evince (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), PoliTalker (11-27-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It will be reassuring to know that we have a functioning president who actually reads the daily briefs, and one who has a team of people working on knowing what's going on and working out possible plans of action to be decided by group meetings where people are actually allowed to function as a unit capable of brainstorming ideas, with a competent leader who knows how to manage a group.

That will be so much more functional than to just have one extremely sensitive and insecure person with a bunch of yes-men constantly fearful of their jobs, afraid to take any initiative.
    Indeed.

I often find Biden difficult to listen to when he's speechifying because of his struggles with his speech difficulty (stuttering). Yet he still manages to convey his thoughts in a far more coherent and reasoned fashion than does the screeching #LOSER45. Biden projects calm and rationality. Only the cult finds that other one "exciting" to listen to.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Indeed.

I often find Biden difficult to listen to when he's speechifying because of his struggles with his speech difficulty (stuttering). Yet he still manages to convey his thoughts in a far more coherent and reasoned fashion than does the screeching #LOSER45. Biden projects calm and rationality. Only the cult finds that other one "exciting" to listen to.
    He has done such an amazing job of conquering the stutter that I didn't even know about it until this election campaign. And that is huge. Most people who stutter are never able to do anything like what he has done. It's hard to imagine a stutterer being so brave as to seek out a profession which requires speaking in front of groups. That is truly admirable. This man has a lot of amazing qualities.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brain wiring is hard to circumvent

It’s very impressive to be so determined that one can manage to rewire ones own brain

He’s a good and kind man with massive determination and a hard work ethic

Everyone who knows president Biden loves him

There is tape of Lindsey Gramm completely wrapped in tears praising Joe Biden

He is the real deal

A truly decent man

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), PoliTalker (11-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He has done such an amazing job of conquering the stutter that I didn't even know about it until this election campaign. And that is huge. Most people who stutter are never able to do anything like what he has done. It's hard to imagine a stutterer being so brave as to seek out a profession which requires speaking in front of groups. That is truly admirable. This man has a lot of amazing qualities.
    I agree! The cultists can mock him all they please; their Malignant Messiah doesn't make a wart on Joe's ass.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Brain wiring is hard to circumvent

It’s very impressive to be so determined that one can manage to rewire ones own brain

He’s a good and kind man with massive determination and a hard work ethic

Everyone who knows president Biden loves him

There is tape of Lindsey Gramm completely wrapped in tears praising Joe Biden

He is the real deal

A truly decent man
    Ra-men. If there is one thing we are all long overdue on, it's decency.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (11-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,086 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

The White House got turned into the Jerry Springer Show.
    Nailed it!

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), PoliTalker (11-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=ThatOwlWoman;4068552]

Great opinion piece; thanks for posting it. The return of dignity and decency to our highest office is a welcome relief from the shitshow of the last four years.[/QUOTE

Opinion? No, fact my dear.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's going to take almost as long to clean up the physical White House.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), PoliTalker (11-28-2020)

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Going to take a squadron of people spraying the entire building to kill the corona virus.

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

That's funny.

But on a serious note:

The White House is going to have to be completely sanitized of all possible traces of COVID, seeing as how it has become an epicenter of disease.

AND, it will also have to be swept for electronic bugs and listening devices.

All of this will have to be completed before Biden can begin to operate out of there.

If I were PEOTUS I would plan to begin working from a remote location while the White House is properly prepared for proper business.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-28-2020)