Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How High Will The Coronavirus Death Toll Go.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,125 Times in 12,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    Are you hallucinating? According to the news, death rates keep rising. As do infection rates. Right now we have around 1500 people dying each day from the coronavirus. Though it could be more.
    I am talking about the chances that an infected person will die has been going down, though I have seen so-called journalists claim the opposite, Mind Molding.....clearly trying to drive fear.

The collapse of journalism is one of our biggest problems, perhaps our biggest problem, it is hard so see how America could possible get better without rehabilitating journalism.
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am talking about the chances that an infected person will die has been going down, though I have seen so-called journalists claim the opposite, Mind Molding.....clearly trying to drive fear.

The collapse of journalism is one of our biggest problems, perhaps our biggest problem, it is hard so see how America could possible get better without rehabilitating journalism.
    Ignore it. Do what you want. You are totally safe. For some reason, the press is lying to you. Why? I do not know but they are. I guess they get paid more if people die. So just trot around maskless and be free as a bird. You'll show that press how smart you are.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    All living species either evolve or die out over time. A mutation is an evolutionary step. A good mutation allows it to thrive, a bad one allows it to die.

Well then. You're going to have to be more clear as to what this has to do with how high the coronavirus death toll will go.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well then. You're going to have to be more clear as to what this has to do with how high the coronavirus death toll will go.
    You can't follow? Wow. Okay. Let me try to simplify: Death rates of a virus can be mapped over time. Given enough time and deaths, rates can be calculated for people of all ages and demographics. However, once a virus mutates, all bets are off. From what I've read, COVID-19 is relatively stable, but there is no such thing as a guarantee. Just an educated guess.

Hope that helped.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There have been a few new treatments for the coronavirus that have come along. Which are far from cures. But they're better than nothing. Though I haven't heard of any of them bring down the overall death rate. At least not by much. The death toll is still what it is. As for journalism, to a large degree it is just entertainment. As well as brainwashing. But journalism isn't the main problem. The main problem is the plutocratic death cult scumbags who run this country. Another problem is that from what I have seen, most people prefer to be lied to. There are even many people who will actually pay money to be lied to. You want America to get better? Basically, my avatar shows the only way that could ever happen.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can't follow? Wow. Okay. Let me try to simplify: Death rates of a virus can be mapped over time. Given enough time and deaths, rates can be calculated for people of all ages and demographics. However, once a virus mutates, all bets are off. From what I've read, COVID-19 is relatively stable, but there is no such thing as a guarantee. Just an educated guess.

Hope that helped.

No. It didn't help. As for the coronavirus, from what I have heard, 7 new strains of it have mutated into existence in the U.S. and probably Europe. I also saw about a paper that came out of China recently. Though it has yet to be peer reviewed. According to it, scientists there have identified 30 new strains of it that have mutated into being. It would seem that the coronavirus is far more prone to mutation than the flu virus.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There have been a few new treatments for the coronavirus that have come along. Which are far from cures. But they're better than nothing. Though I haven't heard of any of them bring down the overall death rate. At least not by much. The death toll is still what it is. As for journalism, to a large degree it is just entertainment. As well as brainwashing. But journalism isn't the main problem. The main problem is the plutocratic death cult scumbags who run this country. Another problem is that from what I have seen, most people prefer to be lied to. There are even many people who will actually pay money to be lied to. You want America to get better? Basically, my avatar shows the only way that could ever happen.
    Here's Why COVID-19 Mortality Has Dropped
    — There's no single answer, but a host of contributing factors
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/89750

There is a paywall but I think you can get one look for free.

Why do COVID death rates seem to be falling?
    Hard-won experience, changing demographics and reduced strain on hospitals are all possibilities — but no one knows how long the change will last.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03132-4

Study Helps Explain Declines in Death Rates from COVID-19
    Possible Factors Include a More Resilient Population Getting the Illness & Advances in Healthcare
    https://nyulangone.org/news/study-he...rates-covid-19

Studies Point To Big Drop In COVID-19 Death Rates
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
    The bottom line is that conservatives cant admit to themselves the Evil they have allowed to romp on their watch.

This is going to hurt.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. It didn't help. As for the coronavirus, from what I have heard, 7 new strains of it have mutated into existence in the U.S. and probably Europe. I also saw about a paper that came out of China recently. Though it has yet to be peer reviewed. According to it, scientists there have identified 30 new strains of it that have mutated into being. It would seem that the coronavirus is far more prone to mutation than the flu virus.
    Possibly. Medical researchers are finding out new things all the time. It's novel virus, so the learning curve is steep.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,269 Times in 7,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Yeah. They apparently don't like watching the news. They just want to pretend the virus away like their lord Trump.
    Trumptards are so stupid- they think Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are the NEWS!

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Trumptards are so stupid- they think Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are the NEWS!
    They think Trump actually handled Coronavirus too. It is a belief, with no facts.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (11-29-2020), overall (11-29-2020)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You bring that up again. But as I said, according to the news, every single day seems to bring an increase of the number of people who are dying from the coronavirus. And I don't think that they are lying. So whatever you are posting links to that say the death rate is going down is bullshit. Also, even if we had a really good therapeutic to keep anybody from getting very sick from the coronavirus, it would still be far better to have no coronavirus at all. Also, there are good therapeutics out there that will keep people from dying from HIV. But it would still be far better if there was no HIV at all.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Possibly. Medical researchers are finding out new things all the time. It's novel virus, so the learning curve is steep.
    That is indeed a very big problem about the coronavirus. There is so much that we just don't know about it.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You bring that up again. But as I said, according to the news, every single day seems to bring an increase of the number of people who are dying from the coronavirus. And I don't think that they are lying. So whatever you are posting links to that say the death rate is going down is bullshit. Also, even if we had a really good therapeutic to keep anybody from getting very sick from the coronavirus, it would still be far better to have no coronavirus at all. Also, there are good therapeutics out there that will keep people from dying from HIV. But it would still be far better if there was no HIV at all.
    You know that your definition of death rate is not the same as I was using it, though you pretend that it is, which makes you a liar.

This is going to hurt.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

There is a combination of things out there that is so powerful that it is scary. Brainwashing combined with stupidity. It is a Goliath. A Juggernaut. A virtual GOD! Only death or a severe threat of death can overcome it. As for people like Rush Limpdick, my brother was telling me of one of those kinds of people who was sued over what they said on their program. I wish I could be more specific. But that person told the court that their show was basically entertainment. That he himself didn't believe half of the things he said.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know that your definition of death rate is not the same as I was using it, though you pretend that it is, which makes you a liar.

My definition of the death rate is what they say it is on the news. And what they say it is on respected websites. Using any other kind of "definition" makes you the liar.