Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How High Will The Coronavirus Death Toll Go.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Default How High Will The Coronavirus Death Toll Go.

I guess much depends on how well the hospitals hold out. Which from what they have been saying, they aren't doing too well right now. The last I heard, they were predicting around 500,000 dead by March. Again, depending on how the hospitals hold out, I'm thinking it could be higher. Because we are going to have to deal with what will probably be a Thanksgiving super spreader event. And with so many people being so stupid about the coronavirus, Christmas will probably be another super spreader event. Neither would I expect an economic shutdown from our lame duck president Trump. I also heard Biden say that he wouldn't impose an economic shutdown. And any vaccine is going to be like the cavalry that arrived too late. Even then from what they said on the news, only about 60% of Americans are even willing to take it. But as the death toll rises, that could change. I hear the Chinese have a curse. To people they don't like, they may say, "May you live in interesting times." Unfortunately, we are living in "interesting" times. And with human caused global warming, mass migrations, an ever increasing overpopulation and all the rest, they are likely to become far more "interesting." But there probably won't be anybody around to look back on them to find them interesting.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No replies? I'm shocked.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    No replies? I'm shocked.
    We are not getting hardly any information on how well the hospitals are stocked now, and we dont know if the Chinese and Indians will ship all of the supplies we need, so it is impossible to have an opinion on whether the hospitals will break down. Let's be very clear here, the information Embargo is a horrible sign as to Americas future.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,589 Times in 51,902 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

I guess much depends on how well the hospitals hold out. Which from what they have been saying, they aren't doing too well right now. The last I heard, they were predicting around 500,000 dead by March. Again, depending on how the hospitals hold out, I'm thinking it could be higher. Because we are going to have to deal with what will probably be a Thanksgiving super spreader event. And with so many people being so stupid about the coronavirus, Christmas will probably be another super spreader event. Neither would I expect an economic shutdown from our lame duck president Trump. I also heard Biden say that he wouldn't impose an economic shutdown. And any vaccine is going to be like the cavalry that arrived too late. Even then from what they said on the news, only about 60% of Americans are even willing to take it. But as the death toll rises, that could change. I hear the Chinese have a curse. To people they don't like, they may say, "May you live in interesting times." Unfortunately, we are living in "interesting" times. And with human caused global warming, mass migrations, an ever increasing overpopulation and all the rest, they are likely to become far more "interesting." But there probably won't be anybody around to look back on them to find them interesting.
    Looks reasonable. As the wise man said, "Evolution in action is a good thing."
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The death rate has been plummeting but that does not hold if the hospitals break down. Stocks are not the only problem....exhausted demoralized and betrayed front line medical staff is also a problem.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (11-28-2020)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-27-2020)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The virus is more transmissible than we thought. We are heading for 300,000 deaths. There is nothing stopping the Trump virus from blasting past that into incredible levels. Trump fucked it all up.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So things aren't looking good on that point. No matter how well they are or aren't socked. Also, Trump was supposed to have increased the manufacture of PPE here in the U.S. But as it turned out, it was mostly smoke and mirrors. Also, I think it was on 60 Minutes where they talked to a PPE manufacturer here in the U.S. The masks they made cost around $3.00 each. And they consisted of a flap of cloth with ear loop strings. The person doing the interview showed the PPE manufacturer what mask the Chinese made for around $.35 cents each looked like. It was cup shaped and had a rubber band that went behind your head to hold it firmly in place. It was superior in every way. What the fuck! Do we need to surrender to the Chinese to get something done right in this country?!

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Looks reasonable. As the wise man said, "Evolution in action is a good thing."
    Plagues aren't evolution.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Well, if the Trumptards would all quit licking each other's asses- The virus would dry up and blow away!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Plagues aren't evolution.
    Diseases evolve. You are free to believe the only diseases in existence are those God himself created 6000 years ago, but most intelligent, educated and sane adults know a virus can evolve.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The death rate has been plummeting but that does not hold if the hospitals break down. Stocks are not the only problem....exhausted demoralized and betrayed front line medical staff is also a problem.
    Are you hallucinating? According to the news, death rates keep rising. As do infection rates. Right now we have around 1500 people dying each day from the coronavirus. Though it could be more.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Well, if the Trumptards would all quit licking each other's asses- The virus would dry up and blow away!

Yeah. They apparently don't like watching the news. They just want to pretend the virus away like their lord Trump.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    We are not getting hardly any information on how well the hospitals are stocked now, and we dont know if the Chinese and Indians will ship all of the supplies we need, so it is impossible to have an opinion on whether the hospitals will break down. Let's be very clear here, the information Embargo is a horrible sign as to Americas future.
    what information embargo? the one on fox or rush or breitbart that will not publish facts about covid and trump's incompetent response that has led to so many deaths and economic destruction?

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Diseases evolve. You are free to believe the only diseases in existence are those God himself created 6000 years ago, but most intelligent, educated and sane adults know a virus can evolve.

You needed to be more clear. I thought you were talking about human evolution. Though the coronavirus doesn't really evolve either. It just mutates.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You needed to be more clear. I thought you were talking about human evolution. Though the coronavirus doesn't really evolve either. It just mutates.
    All living species either evolve or die out over time. A mutation is an evolutionary step. A good mutation allows it to thrive, a bad one allows it to die.