Members banned from this thread: evince, christiefan915, ThatOwlWoman, Guno צְבִי and LV426

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kraken is here

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Hence the difference between a conspiracy and a conspiracy theory. Conspiracies exist but, like the Manhattan Project or Project MKUltra, they can't be secret forever because too many know. A conspiracy theory requires thousands of people to stay quiet for a lifetime. People aren't like that as Snowden and Manning proved.

There's also the motive and the end results. How many millions of Americans would be severely pissed off if they really felt they'd been cheated? Knowing that, why would any politician be stupid enough to try it?
    Yeah that's true and a good point. And no I have no idea why. Education system? Collective IQ? Trump's poorly educated folks? Or perhaps, just like any leaders throughout history, they knew people are easily manipulated?

And what is the most infuriating conspiracy theory of them all? JFK.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Because we had to dig to find the nonsense 'back in the day'.

Now it's force fed to everyone on the internet.

I think it started to be a new movement with the truthers after 9/11.
    The Internet is certainly full of it, but it's like TV. Don't like it? Turn the channel or turn it off. I enjoy seeing just how nutty people can be. All my friends IRL are boringly normal.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (11-26-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Yeah that's true and a good point. And no I have no idea why. Education system? Collective IQ? Trump's poorly educated folks? Or perhaps, just like any leaders throughout history, they knew people are easily manipulated?

And what is the most infuriating conspiracy theory of them all? JFK.
    A little bit of "all of the above". Including Evangelicals pushing the education curriculum.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-26-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,737 Times in 14,332 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

The Internet is certainly full of it, but it's like TV. Don't like it? Turn the channel or turn it off. I enjoy seeing just how nutty people can be. All my friends IRL are boringly normal.
    Sure. For the sane. But people who 'want to believe' will be easily swayed by a modicum of fact wrapped in layers of nonsense.

What I find amusing is the zeal with which they will debate to the death on the internet. It's not unlike the religious debates where one side is sure that their position is correct because...the bible.

They're basically burning out keypads trying to prove/disprove that which is impossible to do either.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-26-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love a good conspiracy theory.

Had to Google "the Kraken".

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/t...n-twitter.html
    A catchphrase winking at an unfounded voter fraud conspiracy in the presidential election trended on Twitter on Tuesday morning as President Trump’s allies continued to contest the outcome of the election, which has been called for Joseph R. Biden Jr.

The phrase, “Release the Kraken,” appeared on Twitter’s trending topics list on Tuesday, collecting nearly 100,000 tweets, pushed mostly by conservatives and far-right internet personalities. It is a catchphrase from the 1981 movie “The Clash of the Titans,” but this time it was used to signal an election fraud conspiracy on social media.

The conspiracy stems from a Fox Business Network appearance last Friday by Sidney Powell, a lawyer for the former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn. During an interview with the host Lou Dobbs, Ms. Powell claimed that the president’s team had voluminous evidence that it planned to release to overturn election results in key states.

“We are talking about hundreds of thousands of votes,” Ms. Powell said in the interview. “President Trump won this election in a landslide.”

https://www.newsweek.com/sidney-powe...-fraud-1550534
    Sidney Powell's 'Kraken' Voter Fraud Lawsuits Ridiculed by Legal Experts Over Typos, Lack of Evidence

Mommy got boobs. Sidney is a big girl in all ways. She towers over Flynn.

Don't write Powell off . She got the DOJ prosecutors to drop their case against Flynn when his first team of high priced lawyers couldn't.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Stretch (11-26-2020)

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Fruitcakes like you belong in the asylum.
    Why don't you come and put me in one?

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I have no idea. Nor do I care. Biden won Georgia. They recounted. Biden won Georgia again. Now they are counting again. And Biden will win again. Because Biden got more votes in Georgia. That's how it works.
    When the fuck are they going to recount Fla/Texas?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

...And what is the most infuriating conspiracy theory of them all? JFK.
    As you've seen, I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. That said, shortly after moving to the DFW area over 20 years ago, I visited Dealey Plaza and, of course, the Grassy Knoll. I got an actual chill when I looked from the Grassy Knoll to the "X" in the middle of Elm Street: it was the perfect spot for a sniper. The car would have been approaching head on and slightly down hill. The Grassy Knoll was elevated so a shooter had a straight line shot over the convertible windshield and into the back seat. Perfect. My wife could have made that shot.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

15. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sure. For the sane. But people who 'want to believe' will be easily swayed by a modicum of fact wrapped in layers of nonsense.

What I find amusing is the zeal with which they will debate to the death on the internet. It's not unlike the religious debates where one side is sure that their position is correct because...the bible.

They're basically burning out keypads trying to prove/disprove that which is impossible to do either.
    Agreed but it was the nutty people who always saw things in tea leaves and omens not the sane people.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (11-26-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

17. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

As you've seen, I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories. That said, shortly after moving to the DFW area over 20 years ago, I visited Dealey Plaza and, of course, the Grassy Knoll. I got an actual chill when I looked from the Grassy Knoll to the "X" in the middle of Elm Street: it was the perfect spot for a sniper. The car would have been approaching head on and slightly down hill. The Grassy Knoll was elevated so a shooter had a straight line shot over the convertible windshield and into the back seat. Perfect. My wife could have made that shot.
    That sniper would have to be good at remaining unseen and undetected.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-26-2020)

19. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That sniper would have to be good at remaining unseen and undetected.
    True. Obviously the vegetation changed in the intervening years. Add to the fact, most people were streetside waiting for JFK to come by or looking in that direction. The common suspicion is that the shooter was hidden by the fence.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

21. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Don't write Powell off . She got the DOJ prosecutors to drop their case against Flynn when his first team of high priced lawyers couldn't.
    LOL... She most certainly did NOT. Barr stepped in, and will probably be investigated next year.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

23. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

National conservative group plans to file more lawsuits regarding Michigan election
    Slone Terranella
    Detroit Free Press

Nov. 20, 2020

A national conservative group announced Friday it plans to file more lawsuits in Michigan and other U.S. swing states regarding election results.

The Amistad Project of the Thomas More Society is the group working alongside President Donald Trump's campaign to spearhead national and state lawsuits, according to a news release.

The group plans to file lawsuits about election results in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Nevaga, Georgia and Arizona.

"In Michigan, extensive irregularities and illegalities plagued the vote-counting process in Wayne County, affecting more than 300,000 ballots in a state decided by just 150,000 votes," the organization said in a news release.

Replay:Monica Palmer discusses Wayne County Board of Canvassers vote

Michigan Speaker Chatfield:'I won't apologize' for meeting with President Trump

The organization also pointed at Rock the Vote, a nonprofit which says it is dedicated to building the political power of young people.

The Amistad Project's press release said Rock the Vote secured a contract that affected voting rolls.

"(Rock the Vote) was apparently able to have activists enter new voters on to voting rolls and amend other registrations," the Amistad Project release states. "The decision to hire such a politically charged organization to do this sensitive work is also being challenged."

Rock the Vote was not available for immediate comment.

The Trump campaign and the Amistad Project will work on a case-by-case basis for the lawsuits, said Rudy Giuliani, who's leading the campaign’s legal efforts, in a release.

"The Amistad Project has uncovered an organized effort involving multiple private organizations and partners working with government officials to design, fund, and implement an improper and illegal scheme to create an unconstitutional two-tiered election system to deliver the presidency to Joseph R. Biden," Giuliani said in the release.

The suits allege violations of the equal protection clause, violation of due process and violations regarding numerous state court orders, the release states.

The organization said violations across the six states include the following:

Systematic efforts by election officials to correct defective ballots in heavily Democratic areas but not Republican ones
    Lack of enforcement of voter identification laws
    Denying Republicans the ability to observe and certify ballot completion, as required by law
    Denying Republicans the opportunity to watch mail-in ballots being trucked and unloaded at large tabulation facilities
    Failing to check signatures on mail-in ballots and corresponding documentation
    Refusal to release logs showing when ballots were delivered and by whom

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...an/6363262002/
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

24. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Apparently, There Was No Water Leak In Georgia

Page 7 of this legal complaint states:"Specifically, video from the State Farm Arena in Fulton County shows that on November 3rd after the polls closed, election workers falsely claimed a water leak required the facility to close. All poll workers and challengers were evacuated for several hours at about 10:00 PM. However, several election workers remained unsupervised and unchallenged working at the computers for the voting tabulation machines until after 1:00 AM."

https://www.scribd.com/document/4858...emp-11-25-2020

Considering that the plaintiffs misspelled the word "district" twice in the first ten words of the complaint, I'd say that you're about as smart as they are for posting this article.

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICCT COURT, NORTHERN DISTRCOICT OF GEORGIA

Trump people

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-26-2020)

26. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Better to be guilty of typos than election fraud.

"As set forth in the accompanying whistleblower affidavit, the Smartmatic software was designed to manipulate Venezuelan elections in favor of dictator Hugo Chavez:"

"Expert Navid Keshavarez-Nia explains that US intelligence services had developed tools to infiltrate foreign voting systems including Dominion. He states that Dominion’s software is vulnerable to data manipulation by unauthorized means and permitted election data to be altered in all battleground states. He concludes that hundreds of thousands of votes that were cast for President Trump in the 2020 general election were transferred to former Vice-President Biden. (Exh. 26)."
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.