Thread: Thanksgiving: The Mother of all Superspreader events

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Time will tell but this could be a very bad Christmas for many American families. Possibly a final and lasting legacy of the Trump years. Certainly the last legacy of thousands of Americans.

Thanksgiving could be the 'mother of all superspreader events,' health expert warns
    ...The US could see an explosion of Covid-19 infections in the weeks following Thanksgiving, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a former White House medical team adviser, told CNN Tuesday.

Many health officials believe the Midwest was seeded with Covid-19 last summer from just such an event, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, Reiner said.

Now imagine that on a massive scale -- people leaving from every airport in the United States, and carrying virus with them," he added

yup, Canada went full fuck up for their Thanksgiving and is paying fot it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

moon (11-26-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Time will tell but this could be a very bad Christmas for many American families. Possibly a final and lasting legacy of the Trump years. Certainly the last legacy of thousands of Americans.

Thanksgiving could be the 'mother of all superspreader events,' health expert warns
    ...The US could see an explosion of Covid-19 infections in the weeks following Thanksgiving, Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a former White House medical team adviser, told CNN Tuesday.

Many health officials believe the Midwest was seeded with Covid-19 last summer from just such an event, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, Reiner said.

Now imagine that on a massive scale -- people leaving from every airport in the United States, and carrying virus with them," he added
    Bigger. Sturgis was just the warning. Ugh. Bigger numbers coming.

We already had big.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-26-2020)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Democrats, not satisfied with having burned the country down for four years & stolen the election, feel the need to go full fascist fear monger now.

Good luck with that.
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If it takes 2 weeks to incubate and show symptoms, this could be a really bad Christmas. And if Christmas turns into ANOTHER 'super spreader' event, the New Year and beyond could be really really bad.
    I wonder if Mother-Of-All-Super-Spreaders Thanksgiving 2020 will be a big wake-up call and people will make different plans for Christmas...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well I tend to agree that TG could be a super spreader event. When I worked in the Emergency Room the period after TG and before Christmas would show a rapid increase in the flu. It would push the ER and the hospital to a near breaking point each year that lasted till after Christmas and into February. I always blamed it on families getting together and spreading flu to each other and spreading it from one town to the next. This year we limited TG to my wife my son my daughter in law and our two grand children. We normally see them every week anyway because we do childcare for our grand kids. That is down from a family gathering of about 25 people. Instead of gathering with the rest of the family I smoked Turkey for the rest of them and my wife made dressing for them and sent them "take out." And my niece's family usually attend our TG gathering each year. They all came down with COVID this week.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 11-26-2020 at 10:50 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

domer76 (11-26-2020)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by War=Peace View Post
    Democrats, not satisfied with having burned the country down for four years & stolen the election, feel the need to go full fascist fear monger now.

Good luck with that.
    I find it strange that supporters of the racist / vote suppression party call the Democrats "fascists."
    Citizen participation is the biggest threat to Republicans.
    The party survives on over-representation of white rural states vis a vis elected offices and electoral votes measured against population.
    This explains their love of the obsolete Constitution--the mistakes and lack of foresight of the founders benefit them profoundly.

While Euro-Americans / caucasians remain the largest ethnic group in America, the combination of all other ethnicities is starting to outnumber them.
    This terrifies white supremacists.

But "American" refers only to a nationality, not to an ethnicity.
    The early settlers guaranteed that America would not be an ethically homogeneous society but importing so many African slaves.
    Between Native Americans, African Americans, Asian Americans, and Latin Americans, there was no way that America ever had any chance of remaining a predominantly white country.
    That was yet another thing the beloved founders were unable to envision, the miscalculation that worked against the conservative constitution lovers..

So now, universal suffrage is the engine that destroys the racist's vision of America.
    Voter suppression is the last gasp effort to maintain a white America that was never destined to be.
    Don't count votes in black Detroit. Don't count votes in any of the major cultural centers. Votes, you see, are the enemy of fascism.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jack,

I wonder if Mother-Of-All-Super-Spreaders Thanksgiving 2020 will be a big wake-up call and people will make different plans for Christmas...
    My good friend PoliTalker, I should mention here, has the curious tendency to include trumpanzees when he uses the term "people."
    If he's doing that here, the term "wakeup call" might not be perfectly applicable.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is your fat daughter going to cook.

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White.
    Can u link to where u slammed a BLM get together over concern of the virus

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by War=Peace View Post

Good luck with that.
    Are you really that lost in the right? I feel sorry for you.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Bigger. Sturgis was just the warning. Ugh. Bigger numbers coming.

We already had big.
    Some people have to learn from experience instead of wisdom. That's fine. In the end, We, the People will be fine too. It's people like JPP members who should be concerned about national growing pains.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-27-2020)

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh STFU. This is biden's virus now, and he's got to keep this shit up at least until the Georgia run-off, and until the mid-terms in 2022 if possible. How can Trump rallies and Sturgis be "super spreaders", and 100+ days of rioting in blue shitholes not be?
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Oh STFU. This is biden's virus now, and he's got to keep this shit up at least until the Georgia run-off, and until the mid-terms in 2022 if possible. How can Trump rallies and Sturgis be "super spreaders", and 100+ days of rioting in blue shitholes not be?
    BLM wore masks, not all, but a lot of them. Sturgis was tough guys eschewing masks to show how tough they are. Tump's people also disdained masks. Are you saying you do not see the difference? It is possible that the demonstrations did spread Corona. But it is a certainty that Trump rallies and Sturgis did.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Intelligent, sane Americans know there's only one President and it's President Donald J. Trump until 20JAN21. He could spend it all jerking off in his Mar-a-Lago suite from now until then leaving Pence in charge, but Trump is still POTUS.....even though he looks like a PABOTUS.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"