Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 186

Thread: Keeping a gun is about to get very expensive

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    13,323
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked 4,248 Times in 3,416 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 149 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Keeping a gun is about to get very expensive

    If the DNC/Revolution takes the Senate.

    Do we all understand this?
    That the people are shit now.....The world is shit now.....Need not get in the way of us getting better.....NOT YET.....The books have not been burned yet!

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,424
    Thanks
    3,829
    Thanked 3,146 Times in 2,144 Posts
    Groans
    776
    Groaned 624 Times in 540 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    No, quit being a drone.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    1,347
    Thanked 280 Times in 202 Posts
    Groans
    182
    Groaned 92 Times in 85 Posts

    Default

    How/why?
    I've had guns for 4 decades, I was never charged $$$ to keep them.

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    31,850
    Thanks
    1,475
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    779
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    How/why?
    I've had guns for 4 decades, I was never charged $$$ to keep them.
    Awww shit I lost all of my guns in a freak boating accident. Oh well

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (11-25-2020)

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 770 Posts
    Groans
    115
    Groaned 207 Times in 199 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    If the DNC/Revolution takes the Senate.

    Do we all understand this?
    it already is. people with guns in their house are more likely to shoot themselves, a family member or an acquaintance with that gun than a stranger...30 times more likely. you can't pay a higher price than that for a fucking stupid shit gun.


    Firearms In The Home: Safe or Dangerous? [INFOGRAPHIC ...www.safety.com › Home Security
    Oct 9, 2019 — For instance, the U.S. has 80% more firearm deaths than the 23 other of the world's richest countries in the world combined. And, your child's ...

    Do guns make us safer? Science suggests no | News ...www.hsph.harvard.edu › news › hsph-in-the-news › do...
    There is some evidence that having a gun may reduce property loss, “but the ... However, he noted, the presence of more guns does make crimes more violent. ... is make hostile interactions—robberies, assaults—much more deadly,” he said.

    Guns in the Home - HealthyChildren.orgwww.healthychildren.org › English › at-home › Pages
    Jun 12, 2020 — In fact, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to be used to kill a friend or ... one more important question: "Is there an unlocked gun in your house? ... children must learn that these weapons can be extremely dangerous.

    Living in a house with a gun increases your odds of death - Voxwww.vox.com › 2015/10 › gun-risk-death
    Nov 14, 2018 — Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident. Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely.

    Keeping a Gun in Your Home Can Make Your Household ...psmag.com › News in Brief
    Jul 23, 2019 — New research reveals that the presence of firearms in a house can ... as they are more likely to be killed if there is a gun in the household," lead ...

    The health risk of having a gun in the home | MinnPostwww.minnpost.com › second-opinion › 2012/12 › heal...
    Dec 17, 2012 — If you have a gun, everybody in your home is more likely than your ... there is no credible evidence that having a gun in your house reduces your risk ... of a gun makes quarrels, disputes, assaults, and robberies more deadly.

    Does a Gun Make Your Home Safer? | SafeWisewww.safewise.com › Safety News
    Jun 16, 2020 — Statistically, having a gun in your home is more dangerous for you and your family, especially if you have young children or teens. ... Experts agree that properly securing and storing guns can be an effective way to address incidents of suicide, mass shootings, and unintentional shootings among children and teenagers.

  8. The Following User Groans At Hoosier Daddy For This Awful Post:

    Matt Dillon (11-25-2020)

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

    guno (11-25-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (11-25-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,570
    Thanks
    1,177
    Thanked 3,000 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 75 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    How/why?
    I've had guns for 4 decades, I was never charged $$$ to keep them.

    You have to overlook Hawkeye's alcohol induced bizzaro postings. He is proof positive that conspiracy theorists should refrain from alcohol.
    I threadban Racists, Cowards and Morons. If you made the threadban list, you now know why.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

    guno (11-25-2020), no worries (11-25-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2020)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5,570
    Thanks
    1,177
    Thanked 3,000 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 75 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Now, since the IRA owns the Republican Party, I don't forsee any earth shattering changes in gun ownership on the way.
    I threadban Racists, Cowards and Morons. If you made the threadban list, you now know why.

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    40,707
    Thanks
    1,664
    Thanked 4,410 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 280 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Now, since the IRA owns the Republican Party, I don't forsee any earth shattering changes in gun ownership on the way.

    but you're a moron. you miss a lot.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    internationalist fascism: the belief that the interests of multinational corporations should be the sole focus of all national trade polices.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to AssHatZombie For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (11-25-2020)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cymru/ Wails
    Posts
    5,362
    Thanks
    2,934
    Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,483 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,640 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    You have to overlook Hawkeye's alcohol induced bizzaro postings. He is proof positive that conspiracy theorists should refrain from alcohol.
    Except with a few very weird nutters, mostly on here, it would mean all the theories disappeared into unsavoury places, and they are, to a limited degree, a fascinating study in what alcohol and other substances can do to the brain.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

    guno (11-25-2020)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"s"
    Posts
    22,079
    Thanks
    3,325
    Thanked 12,819 Times in 9,442 Posts
    Groans
    120
    Groaned 270 Times in 259 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Now, since the IRA owns the Republican Party, I don't forsee any earth shattering changes in gun ownership on the way.
    The IRA??
    Shit, I'd have thought you'd be crying about the NRA.
    But then, you ain't the brightest bulb on the string...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    28,874
    Thanks
    14,091
    Thanked 10,045 Times in 8,026 Posts
    Groans
    111
    Groaned 864 Times in 814 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    The IRA??
    Shit, I'd have thought you'd be crying about the NRA.
    But then, you ain't the brightest bulb on the string...
    That's too funny

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    4,281
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 76 Times in 74 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    it already is. people with guns in their house are more likely to shoot themselves, a family member or an acquaintance with that gun than a stranger...30 times more likely. you can't pay a higher price than that for a fucking stupid shit gun.


    Firearms In The Home: Safe or Dangerous? [INFOGRAPHIC ...www.safety.com › Home Security
    Oct 9, 2019 — For instance, the U.S. has 80% more firearm deaths than the 23 other of the world's richest countries in the world combined. And, your child's ...

    Do guns make us safer? Science suggests no | News ...www.hsph.harvard.edu › news › hsph-in-the-news › do...
    There is some evidence that having a gun may reduce property loss, “but the ... However, he noted, the presence of more guns does make crimes more violent. ... is make hostile interactions—robberies, assaults—much more deadly,” he said.

    Guns in the Home - HealthyChildren.orgwww.healthychildren.org › English › at-home › Pages
    Jun 12, 2020 — In fact, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to be used to kill a friend or ... one more important question: "Is there an unlocked gun in your house? ... children must learn that these weapons can be extremely dangerous.

    Living in a house with a gun increases your odds of death - Voxwww.vox.com › 2015/10 › gun-risk-death
    Nov 14, 2018 — Guns can kill you in three ways: homicide, suicide, and by accident. Owning a gun or having one readily accessible makes all three more likely.

    Keeping a Gun in Your Home Can Make Your Household ...psmag.com › News in Brief
    Jul 23, 2019 — New research reveals that the presence of firearms in a house can ... as they are more likely to be killed if there is a gun in the household," lead ...

    The health risk of having a gun in the home | MinnPostwww.minnpost.com › second-opinion › 2012/12 › heal...
    Dec 17, 2012 — If you have a gun, everybody in your home is more likely than your ... there is no credible evidence that having a gun in your house reduces your risk ... of a gun makes quarrels, disputes, assaults, and robberies more deadly.

    Does a Gun Make Your Home Safer? | SafeWisewww.safewise.com › Safety News
    Jun 16, 2020 — Statistically, having a gun in your home is more dangerous for you and your family, especially if you have young children or teens. ... Experts agree that properly securing and storing guns can be an effective way to address incidents of suicide, mass shootings, and unintentional shootings among children and teenagers.
    Good then stay the fuck away from us but guy cunts won't will you. Its in your nature to tell everybody else how to live their fucking lives. You cunts just can't mind your own fucking business can you?

  20. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    4,281
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 76 Times in 74 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Now, since the IRA owns the Republican Party, I don't forsee any earth shattering changes in gun ownership on the way.
    IRA? You stupid fucking tacocunt.

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    25,952
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12,158 Times in 7,788 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,222 Times in 2,057 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    If the DNC/Revolution takes the Senate.

    Do we all understand this?
    Well, you put it out there, tell us exactly how will “keeping a gun .... get more expensive” if the Democrats win the Senate?

  22. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,532
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 1,099 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 250 Times in 232 Posts

    Default

    Firearms control is the kind of non-economic issue that causes progressive liberals to lose.
    The more we try to do with it, the less chance we have to get important social safety net stuff done in congress.

    The fucking troglodyte right has to learn that we won on abortion so stop whining about it.
    Even if the SCOTUS knocks down Wade v. Roe, all the civilized states are going to have abortion on demand anyway,

    We have to accept the the right has won on gun control.
    Compared to universal healthcare, voting rights, and the right to unionize, gun control is simply not an important enough issue to deal with nationally.

    If some states let you wander around the streets armed to the teeth, that's their lunacy. Intelligent people don't have to go there.
    Carry assault rifles into the Massachusetts State House and you'll get shot between the eyes within three steps of the front door.
    Within seconds of the muzzle flash, union-represented custodians will be mopping your brain matter off the floor while whistling a Dropkick Murphys tune.
    Ask them about your Second Amendment then. They've got it right here.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Person...woman...man...camera...television. Donald Trump, 2020

Similar Threads

  1. Coal Generation is Just too Expensive
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2019, 05:06 AM
  2. some expensive police training
    By SmarterthanYou in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:08 AM
  3. APP - polution is not just bad, it is expensive
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 03:06 AM
  4. Why gas is so expensive, when oil isn't???
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 09:18 PM
  5. The top 50 most expensive adwords
    By NewsBoy in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •