Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More bad news for the mask faithful

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems like maybe the CDC is lying again dont it.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    So, how is it they couldn’t wring a single transmission out of 1100 asymptomatic cases?
    I suspect "wringing" wasn't part of their methodology. Otherwise, how would I know?

Better question is why cherry pick a single study if you wish to post an honest assessment? That I can answer. You don't wish it.
    Last edited by martin; 11-25-2020 at 05:01 AM.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    This time, from Nature:

There were no positive tests amongst 1,174 close contacts of asymptomatic cases.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-19802-w

Not sure how long they are going to be able to keep the mask mandates afloat under the guise of ‘science’ after they lose Nature. I’m sure they will think of a way.

No [zero] positive tests arose out of over a thousand close contacts of asymptomatic cases. Intuitively, one wouldn’t expect a high rate of transmission from asymptomatic cases and this study confirms it.

Zero out of a thousand surprises me though. That’s 0/1000. Not even one or two.

I’m sure someone will come up with a reason why healthy people need to be wearing masks.
    this has nothing to do with being stupid enough to believe wearing masks does not stop almost all transmission of virus from an infected person to an uninfected person, dumbass. from the article you sourced, which had nothing to do with wearing masks-

Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained. Especially, vulnerable populations with weakened immunity or co-morbidities, or both, should continue to be appropriately shielded.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    this has nothing to do with being stupid enough to believe wearing masks does not stop almost all transmission of virus from an infected person to an uninfected person, dumbass. from the article you sourced, which had nothing to do with wearing masks-

Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained. Especially, vulnerable populations with weakened immunity or co-morbidities,or both, should continue to be appropriately shielded.
    Do masks help with that?

Says who?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    That stupid fuck has been floundering and desperately seeking ANYTHING since his idiotic “only 61 deaths” bullshit some time ago. In fact, about 265,000 deaths ago.
    I’ll let you win one occasionally, ‘21 counts’ lol.

Only to keep things interesting.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Public health measures for the prevention and control of COVID-19 epidemic, including wearing masks, keeping safe social distancing in Wuhan should be sustained. Especially, vulnerable populations with weakened immunity or co-morbidities, or both, should continue to be appropriately shielded.
    you cant follow an argument.
    The issue is asymptomatic transmission doesnt seem to happen. That;s a big deal on how we live with COVID

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-25-2020), Earl (11-25-2020)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Seems like maybe the CDC is lying again dont it.
    seems like you are too stupid to understand anything about basic science and biology and epidemiology. that is your main problem, and it has nothing to do with the CDC learning about this new virus and changing some guidelines as more information and data is available.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

domer76 (11-25-2020)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

seems like you are too stupid to understand anything about basic science and biology and epidemiology. that is your main problem, and it has nothing to do with the CDC learning about this new virus and changing some guidelines as more information and data is available.
    WOW, you are a Hoot Hoosier.

Were you ever any better?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (11-25-2020)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    The issue is asymptomatic transmission doesnt seem to happen. That;s a big deal on how we live with COVID
    what does that have to do with wearing masks, dumbass? sure, people not sick enough to show symptoms are not AS CONTAGIOUS as those who do and are, but they are still carriers....what part of the article do you think proves masks were not worn by people AND THAT SHOWS WHY MASKS ARE NOT NEEDED? it never says anything about people wearing or not wearing masks. and chinese people wear the shit out of masks in public as do most people in Asia.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

WOW, you are a Hoot Hoosier.

Were you ever any better?
    that would be almost impossible. thanks for noticing.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do masks help with that?

Says who?
    EVERY FUCKING EXPERT IN THE WORLD EXCEPT THE ONE TRUMP LISTENS TO...can you not read? hello? anybody home?

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

that would be almost impossible. thanks for noticing.
    Your work is incoherent, as if you are a recent university gradate.

You seem to be a DICK as well.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your work is incoherent, as if you are a recent university gradate.

You seem to be a DICK as well.
    you believe it is incoherent, because of your limited intelligence. should I type slower, boy? would that help? maybe if you get a passing 3rd grader to help you out with the bigger words...

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    It’s bound to happen some but it’s not a significant driver of transmission. Granted, transmission definitely occurs with people who are *clinically* infected but not yet showing symptoms.

Technically, it’s debatable whether asymptomatic infections are actually ‘infections’, strictly speaking. You can do a bacterial swab culture of anyone’s nasopharyngx, culture it in a Petri dish and it would grow any number of different bacteria. But it’s not proper to say that they are ‘infected’ with any of them: it only means their nose was positive for X bacteria.

That’s what is so annoying about COVID ‘cases’. The data is nearly meaningless unless the clinical cases [actual infections] are segregated from those individuals who merely had some COVID RNA in their nasal passage.

Which is why it’s best to ignore the ‘case-edemic’ and track hospitalizations. But you already knew that.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (11-25-2020)

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.