Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 115

Thread: God. The Ultimate EVIL!

  1. #76 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,904
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 265 Times in 216 Posts
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    What makes you think I'm interested in what idiots wrote.
    Attack me with euphemisms?

    Read my thread.

    Tell me what it says that you disagree with.

    I sure as hell don't fear you doing so.

    kurva maniyak!

  2. #77 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,537
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,656 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 370 Times in 349 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.
    One doesn't have to believe in god to not believe in free will.
    A ball doesn't roll down a hill because of free will, but rather because of gravity.

    For all we know, the entire universe and all that occurs within it could be no more than the random confluence of sub-atomic particles taking place in the eternity of space.
    That doesn't leave room for a deity, except perhaps as a disinterested creator of sub atomic particles,
    and it still doesn't leave room for free will either.

    Whether or not a deity exists, fundamentalist believers tend to be the true ultimate evil.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Person...woman...man...camera...television. Donald Trump, 2020

  3. #78 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,465
    Thanks
    5,437
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 1,727 Posts
    Groans
    250
    Groaned 97 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.
    Blablabla, you ignorant twit.
    Surely you don't think you're smart enough to realize what's really happening.
    Perhaps you do, in which case you are sadly mistaken and suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect.

  4. #79 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24,616
    Thanks
    7,959
    Thanked 5,198 Times in 4,559 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 337 Times in 327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    Your last three replies to me have been bullshit. I have better things to do than to respond to bullshit.
    Argument of the stone fallacy.
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome

    Everything else debunked here

  5. #80 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24,616
    Thanks
    7,959
    Thanked 5,198 Times in 4,559 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 337 Times in 327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    It wasn't a "rant." Just the facts. Also, yes I do post here. And I often get stupid replies. That doesn't mean I'm interested in getting them. I have my opinions and other people have theirs. Let the chips fall where they may.
    Learn what 'fact' means. A fact does not mean Universal Truth. Buzzword fallacy.
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome

    Everything else debunked here

  6. #81 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5,383
    Thanks
    2,824
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 1,609 Posts
    Groans
    32
    Groaned 45 Times in 45 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    It wasn't a "rant." Just the facts. Also, yes I do post here. And I often get stupid replies. That doesn't mean I'm interested in getting them. I have my opinions and other people have theirs. Let the chips fall where they may.
    I suggest that you stop making stupid posts then...

  7. #82 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    haven't I?......
    No. You haven't. That is apart from bullshit. I made some direct statements in my thread. Give me a direct reply to any of them. But keep it on topic.

  8. #83 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Attack me with euphemisms?

    Read my thread.

    Tell me what it says that you disagree with.

    I sure as hell don't fear you doing so.

    kurva maniyak!

    You posted a bunch of crap written by various religious people. Blah, blah, blah. I made some simple statements in my thread. It doesn't take a bunch of bullshit to answer them. I don't care what some religious leaders wrote. I'm talking to YOU. YOU answer me. Just keep it short and to the point. As for the writings of religious leaders or writers wrote, don't you know how things work in that regard? Once they've suckered you into listening, they won! After that, the amount of crap they can spout is endless. And seeing how open it is to interpretation what they do say is, it gets even worse. Also, look at L. Ron Hubbard and scientology. He wrote a whole bunch of books about scientology. There is just no shutting those idiots up. If you want a book on religion that actually says something, look this book up. It is free to read. It is called "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions." I know you never will. So I will just tell you what the title of the first four main chapters are. Ponder what they say. 1. Stupidity and lies of the old testament. 2. Evil of the old testament. 3. Stupidity and lies of the new testament. 4. Evil of the new testament.

  9. #84 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    One doesn't have to believe in god to not believe in free will.
    A ball doesn't roll down a hill because of free will, but rather because of gravity.

    For all we know, the entire universe and all that occurs within it could be no more than the random confluence of sub-atomic particles taking place in the eternity of space.
    That doesn't leave room for a deity, except perhaps as a disinterested creator of sub atomic particles,
    and it still doesn't leave room for free will either.

    Whether or not a deity exists, fundamentalist believers tend to be the true ultimate evil.

    At least you spout some interesting gibberish. How can anybody not believe in god and not believe in free will. If there is nobody controlling them, what would make their will other than free. Though having said that, I don't believe in god and I know people don't have free will. For one thing, if they had free will, neither humans or any other creature would probably exist. We are all driven by brain drugs that for the most part are beyond our control that cause us to want to procreate. Also, most people are brainwashed beyond all recognition. They prefer to lie and be lied to. Many will actually pay money to be lied to. I will also try to include a relevant video. I don't know if it will play. It is a song by Frank Zappa called, "I'm the slime." If it doesn't play and you've never heard it before, I suggest you seek it out and listen to it. Pay special attention to the lyrics.


  10. #85 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36,228
    Thanks
    10,616
    Thanked 15,841 Times in 12,271 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,090 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    At least you spout some interesting gibberish. How can anybody not believe in god and not believe in free will. If there is nobody controlling them, what would make their will other than free. Though having said that, I don't believe in god and I know people don't have free will. For one thing, if they had free will, neither humans or any other creature would probably exist. We are all driven by brain drugs that for the most part are beyond our control that cause us to want to procreate. Also, most people are brainwashed beyond all recognition. They prefer to lie and be lied to. Many will actually pay money to be lied to. I will also try to include a relevant video. I don't know if it will play. It is a song by Frank Zappa called, "I'm the slime." If it doesn't play and you've never heard it before, I suggest you seek it out and listen to it. Pay special attention to the lyrics.

    [video=youtube_share;tdtGolb9ol]https://youtu.be/tdtGolb9ol
    While some believers cannot comprehend the non sequitur, the same goes for many atheists.

    Consider the old saying "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

    Consider also the fundamental question "Why would an all powerful being create a finite universe?" Entertainment? Growing something like people have herb gardens? If so, is what is being grown physical or something else?

    Back to your point. It's not a conflict to believe both in an all powerful entity and that the entity would allow free will because it chooses to do so.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  11. #86 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    While some believers cannot comprehend the non sequitur, the same goes for many atheists.

    Consider the old saying "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

    Consider also the fundamental question "Why would an all powerful being create a finite universe?" Entertainment? Growing something like people have herb gardens? If so, is what is being grown physical or something else?

    Back to your point. It's not a conflict to believe both in an all powerful entity and that the entity would allow free will because it chooses to do so.

    You say a lot without saying anything. The point is if you believe in god, you believe that ultimately everything that happens is the will of god. There are zillions of examples in the bible of god controlling things. Talking directly to kings or prophets. Causing the people who built the tower of babble to stop being able to understand each other's language. Sending plagues. Causing wars and deciding who wins that war. Influencing who will be made king or not. Etc. etc. etc. And if what if somebody dies an untimely death. To give that death some meaning, a priest is likely to tell those who are grieving that it was god's will.

  12. #87 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    36,228
    Thanks
    10,616
    Thanked 15,841 Times in 12,271 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,090 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    You say a lot without saying anything. The point is if you believe in god, you believe that ultimately everything that happens is the will of god. There are zillions of examples in the bible of god controlling things. Talking directly to kings or prophets. Causing the people who built the tower of babble to stop being able to understand each other's language. Sending plagues. Causing wars and deciding who wins that war. Influencing who will be made king or not. Etc. etc. etc. And if what if somebody dies an untimely death. To give that death some meaning, a priest is likely to tell those who are grieving that it was god's will.
    Bullshit. You are creating a strawman scenario, knocking it down and declaring victory for yourself. My guess is you never finished college.

    You created a scenario about an all powerful god and free will. I gave a plausible scenario showing a flaw in your thinking. Now you're having a hissy-fit. That's your problem, not mine.

    Blabber all the bullshit you like but if you aren't mature enough to recognize my single point, you're not as smart as you believe yourself to be.
    Stripping Americans of their rights, regardless if inalienable or unenumerated, is against American ideals

  13. #88 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Bullshit. You are creating a strawman scenario, knocking it down and declaring victory for yourself. My guess is you never finished college.

    You created a scenario about an all powerful god and free will. I gave a plausible scenario showing a flaw in your thinking. Now you're having a hissy-fit. That's your problem, not mine.

    Blabber all the bullshit you like but if you aren't mature enough to recognize my single point, you're not as smart as you believe yourself to be.

    If you believe that what you said had any meaning, it is only in your own delusional mind. Try sticking to the point. Also, I gave many examples of god supposedly controlling everything. Did you not understand it? Do you need more examples? Face it, believers believe that god controls their lives. That is the only point here. Not some "non-sequitur." Not what people may or may not do. Not some nugget of sensible philosophy. Not what god may have done and what his reasons for it may be. So I say again. God is the ultimate evil. Because if you believe in god, you believe that he controls what happens on this planet. Such as creating adam and eve. So if god is ultimately responsible for what happens, you personally can't be held accountable. It is god's will.

  14. #89 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101,605
    Thanks
    7,646
    Thanked 28,941 Times in 23,063 Posts
    Groans
    2,557
    Groaned 2,293 Times in 2,183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    No. You haven't. That is apart from bullshit. I made some direct statements in my thread. Give me a direct reply to any of them. But keep it on topic.
    well, your direct statements have been simply a statement of your beliefs.......I am not sure why you felt the need to start a thread to tell everyone what you believe......now that you have, I can freely share with you the fact I don't accept your beliefs to be the truth.....thank you for sharing......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  15. #90 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    101,605
    Thanks
    7,646
    Thanked 28,941 Times in 23,063 Posts
    Groans
    2,557
    Groaned 2,293 Times in 2,183 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    I know people don't have free will
    if you do not have free will who forced you to start this thread?....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. The Ultimate EVIL!!!
    By yourhighness in forum Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-06-2019, 05:48 PM
  2. the ultimate tax dodge
    By Don Quixote in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM
  3. Ultimate Dog Tease
    By Primavera in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
  4. The Ultimate Conspiracy...
    By Damocles in forum Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 01:25 AM
  5. The Ultimate Lipstick on a Pig
    By signalmankenneth in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 05:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •