Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: God. The Ultimate EVIL!

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    What makes you think I'm interested in what idiots wrote.
    Attack me with euphemisms?

Read my thread.

Tell me what it says that you disagree with.

I sure as hell don't fear you doing so.

kurva maniyak!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.
    One doesn't have to believe in god to not believe in free will.
    A ball doesn't roll down a hill because of free will, but rather because of gravity.

For all we know, the entire universe and all that occurs within it could be no more than the random confluence of sub-atomic particles taking place in the eternity of space.
    That doesn't leave room for a deity, except perhaps as a disinterested creator of sub atomic particles,
    and it still doesn't leave room for free will either.

Whether or not a deity exists, fundamentalist believers tend to be the true ultimate evil.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.
    Blablabla, you ignorant twit.
    Surely you don't think you're smart enough to realize what's really happening.
    Perhaps you do, in which case you are sadly mistaken and suffering from Dunning-Kruger effect.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,927 Times in 11,514 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your last three replies to me have been bullshit. I have better things to do than to respond to bullshit.
    Argument of the stone fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,927 Times in 11,514 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

It wasn't a "rant." Just the facts. Also, yes I do post here. And I often get stupid replies. That doesn't mean I'm interested in getting them. I have my opinions and other people have theirs. Let the chips fall where they may.
    Learn what 'fact' means. A fact does not mean Universal Truth. Buzzword fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,778 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

It wasn't a "rant." Just the facts. Also, yes I do post here. And I often get stupid replies. That doesn't mean I'm interested in getting them. I have my opinions and other people have theirs. Let the chips fall where they may.
    I suggest that you stop making stupid posts then...

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    haven't I?......
    No. You haven't. That is apart from bullshit. I made some direct statements in my thread. Give me a direct reply to any of them. But keep it on topic.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Attack me with euphemisms?

Read my thread.

Tell me what it says that you disagree with.

I sure as hell don't fear you doing so.

kurva maniyak!

You posted a bunch of crap written by various religious people. Blah, blah, blah. I made some simple statements in my thread. It doesn't take a bunch of bullshit to answer them. I don't care what some religious leaders wrote. I'm talking to YOU. YOU answer me. Just keep it short and to the point. As for the writings of religious leaders or writers wrote, don't you know how things work in that regard? Once they've suckered you into listening, they won! After that, the amount of crap they can spout is endless. And seeing how open it is to interpretation what they do say is, it gets even worse. Also, look at L. Ron Hubbard and scientology. He wrote a whole bunch of books about scientology. There is just no shutting those idiots up. If you want a book on religion that actually says something, look this book up. It is free to read. It is called "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions." I know you never will. So I will just tell you what the title of the first four main chapters are. Ponder what they say. 1. Stupidity and lies of the old testament. 2. Evil of the old testament. 3. Stupidity and lies of the new testament. 4. Evil of the new testament.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    One doesn't have to believe in god to not believe in free will.
    A ball doesn't roll down a hill because of free will, but rather because of gravity.

For all we know, the entire universe and all that occurs within it could be no more than the random confluence of sub-atomic particles taking place in the eternity of space.
    That doesn't leave room for a deity, except perhaps as a disinterested creator of sub atomic particles,
    and it still doesn't leave room for free will either.

Whether or not a deity exists, fundamentalist believers tend to be the true ultimate evil.

At least you spout some interesting gibberish. How can anybody not believe in god and not believe in free will. If there is nobody controlling them, what would make their will other than free. Though having said that, I don't believe in god and I know people don't have free will. For one thing, if they had free will, neither humans or any other creature would probably exist. We are all driven by brain drugs that for the most part are beyond our control that cause us to want to procreate. Also, most people are brainwashed beyond all recognition. They prefer to lie and be lied to. Many will actually pay money to be lied to. I will also try to include a relevant video. I don't know if it will play. It is a song by Frank Zappa called, "I'm the slime." If it doesn't play and you've never heard it before, I suggest you seek it out and listen to it. Pay special attention to the lyrics.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,614 Times in 51,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

At least you spout some interesting gibberish. How can anybody not believe in god and not believe in free will. If there is nobody controlling them, what would make their will other than free. Though having said that, I don't believe in god and I know people don't have free will. For one thing, if they had free will, neither humans or any other creature would probably exist. We are all driven by brain drugs that for the most part are beyond our control that cause us to want to procreate. Also, most people are brainwashed beyond all recognition. They prefer to lie and be lied to. Many will actually pay money to be lied to. I will also try to include a relevant video. I don't know if it will play. It is a song by Frank Zappa called, "I'm the slime." If it doesn't play and you've never heard it before, I suggest you seek it out and listen to it. Pay special attention to the lyrics.

[video=youtube_share;tdtGolb9ol]https://youtu.be/tdtGolb9ol
    While some believers cannot comprehend the non sequitur, the same goes for many atheists.

Consider the old saying "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

Consider also the fundamental question "Why would an all powerful being create a finite universe?" Entertainment? Growing something like people have herb gardens? If so, is what is being grown physical or something else?

Back to your point. It's not a conflict to believe both in an all powerful entity and that the entity would allow free will because it chooses to do so.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    While some believers cannot comprehend the non sequitur, the same goes for many atheists.

Consider the old saying "Just because you can doesn't mean you should".

Consider also the fundamental question "Why would an all powerful being create a finite universe?" Entertainment? Growing something like people have herb gardens? If so, is what is being grown physical or something else?

Back to your point. It's not a conflict to believe both in an all powerful entity and that the entity would allow free will because it chooses to do so.

You say a lot without saying anything. The point is if you believe in god, you believe that ultimately everything that happens is the will of god. There are zillions of examples in the bible of god controlling things. Talking directly to kings or prophets. Causing the people who built the tower of babble to stop being able to understand each other's language. Sending plagues. Causing wars and deciding who wins that war. Influencing who will be made king or not. Etc. etc. etc. And if what if somebody dies an untimely death. To give that death some meaning, a priest is likely to tell those who are grieving that it was god's will.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,614 Times in 51,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

You say a lot without saying anything. The point is if you believe in god, you believe that ultimately everything that happens is the will of god. There are zillions of examples in the bible of god controlling things. Talking directly to kings or prophets. Causing the people who built the tower of babble to stop being able to understand each other's language. Sending plagues. Causing wars and deciding who wins that war. Influencing who will be made king or not. Etc. etc. etc. And if what if somebody dies an untimely death. To give that death some meaning, a priest is likely to tell those who are grieving that it was god's will.
    Bullshit. You are creating a strawman scenario, knocking it down and declaring victory for yourself. My guess is you never finished college.

You created a scenario about an all powerful god and free will. I gave a plausible scenario showing a flaw in your thinking. Now you're having a hissy-fit. That's your problem, not mine.

Blabber all the bullshit you like but if you aren't mature enough to recognize my single point, you're not as smart as you believe yourself to be.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Bullshit. You are creating a strawman scenario, knocking it down and declaring victory for yourself. My guess is you never finished college.

You created a scenario about an all powerful god and free will. I gave a plausible scenario showing a flaw in your thinking. Now you're having a hissy-fit. That's your problem, not mine.

Blabber all the bullshit you like but if you aren't mature enough to recognize my single point, you're not as smart as you believe yourself to be.

If you believe that what you said had any meaning, it is only in your own delusional mind. Try sticking to the point. Also, I gave many examples of god supposedly controlling everything. Did you not understand it? Do you need more examples? Face it, believers believe that god controls their lives. That is the only point here. Not some "non-sequitur." Not what people may or may not do. Not some nugget of sensible philosophy. Not what god may have done and what his reasons for it may be. So I say again. God is the ultimate evil. Because if you believe in god, you believe that he controls what happens on this planet. Such as creating adam and eve. So if god is ultimately responsible for what happens, you personally can't be held accountable. It is god's will.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. You haven't. That is apart from bullshit. I made some direct statements in my thread. Give me a direct reply to any of them. But keep it on topic.
    well, your direct statements have been simply a statement of your beliefs.......I am not sure why you felt the need to start a thread to tell everyone what you believe......now that you have, I can freely share with you the fact I don't accept your beliefs to be the truth.....thank you for sharing......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I know people don't have free will
    if you do not have free will who forced you to start this thread?....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”