Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115

Thread: God. The Ultimate EVIL!

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default God. The Ultimate EVIL!

    The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    32,255
    Thanks
    12,301
    Thanked 8,963 Times in 6,921 Posts
    Groans
    392
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,949 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    You're going to have a bunch of people here really pissed off at you.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,380 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 473 Times in 446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You're going to have a bunch of people here really pissed off at you.
    To bad they are going to burn in Hell!
    Nosam

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,289
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 209 Times in 198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    The same holds true for any belief in a higher being. Because being a higher being, most people would assume that it controls their lives. So that anything you may do is justifiable. Because ultimately, god is responsible. Not you. Such a deflection is EVIL. I actually met a true believer once who thought that any fucked up thing he did was ok. Because if god didn't want him to be fucked up, he wouldn't have created him to be fucked up.

    Good reasoning.

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    32,255
    Thanks
    12,301
    Thanked 8,963 Times in 6,921 Posts
    Groans
    392
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,949 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    To bad they are going to burn in Hell!
    Yeah, Bad News.

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,751
    Thanks
    605
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,380 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 473 Times in 446 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yeah, Bad News.
    "That's a shame"!
    Nosam

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason? For This Post:

    Jack (11-25-2020)

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    32,255
    Thanks
    12,301
    Thanked 8,963 Times in 6,921 Posts
    Groans
    392
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,949 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    "That's a shame"!
    'Bummer'.

  9. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You're going to have a bunch of people here really pissed off at you.

    Yeah, in some ways like a heroin junkie would be pissed off if you took their heroin away.

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    To bad they are going to burn in Hell!

    I could only wish. But as John Milton once wrote, "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." And the way things are now, people are being programmed to look at our hell as a heaven.

  11. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,289
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 209 Times in 198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    I could only wish. But as John Milton once wrote, "The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven." And the way things are now, people are being programmed to look at our hell as a heaven.
    Good quote. The mind can decide to live in heaven or hell.

  12. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Good quote. The mind can decide to live in heaven or hell.

    That is true. And the stupid sleep well. But when it comes to the afterlife, because of the stupid, all of humanity is going to get there a LOT sooner than they think.

  13. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5,885
    Thanks
    844
    Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,563 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 531 Times in 495 Posts

    Default

    Everybody wants to go to heaven- But no one can actually describe it very well.

    i'VE HEARD ABOUT 1,000 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF HEAVEN.

    And most of what people have described to me didn't sound very exciting!

    I'm not sure an afterlife or eternal life is for me.

  14. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,289
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 209 Times in 198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Everybody wants to go to heaven- But no one can actually describe it very well.

    i'VE HEARD ABOUT 1,000 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF HEAVEN.

    And most of what people have described to me didn't sound very exciting!

    I'm not sure an afterlife or eternal life is for me.

    The Christian idea of an afterlife was a real turn off for me.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    Geeko Sportivo (11-25-2020)

  16. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Everybody wants to go to heaven- But no one can actually describe it very well.

    i'VE HEARD ABOUT 1,000 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF HEAVEN.

    And most of what people have described to me didn't sound very exciting!

    I'm not sure an afterlife or eternal life is for me.

    Well for a negro, heaven would probably be getting all the White pussy he could get. With no fear of being lynched.

  17. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    The Christian idea of an afterlife was a real turn off for me.

    Which idea was that. Being herded (led) around by jesus in heaven like sheep?

Similar Threads

  1. The Ultimate EVIL!!!
    By yourhighness in forum Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-06-2019, 06:48 PM
  2. the ultimate tax dodge
    By Don Quixote in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
  3. Ultimate Dog Tease
    By Primavera in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
  4. The Ultimate Conspiracy...
    By Damocles in forum Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 02:25 AM
  5. The Ultimate Lipstick on a Pig
    By signalmankenneth in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •