Thread: God. The Ultimate EVIL!

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    You say a lot without saying anything. The point is if you believe in god, you believe that ultimately everything that happens is the will of god. There are zillions of examples in the bible of god controlling things. Talking directly to kings or prophets. Causing the people who built the tower of babble to stop being able to understand each other's language. Sending plagues. Causing wars and deciding who wins that war. Influencing who will be made king or not. Etc. etc. etc. And if what if somebody dies an untimely death. To give that death some meaning, a priest is likely to tell those who are grieving that it was god's will.
    dude......are you simply going to ignore all the examples in the Bible of people NOT doing God's will?.......like maybe Adam and Eve being disobedient?........or Cain killing Abel......and that's before we get to chapter 5........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    well, your direct statements have been simply a statement of your beliefs.......I am not sure why you felt the need to start a thread to tell everyone what you believe......now that you have, I can freely share with you the fact I don't accept your beliefs to be the truth.....thank you for sharing......

What I wrote wasn't a belief. It was a fact. I even gave an example of that fact that I had experienced first hand. The guy was a piece of shit. He used god as an excuse for being a piece of shit. Also, there are probably many members of the Mafia who are true believers. But somehow they still manage to justify doing what they do. Now if you don't agree with what I said, say why. We can hash it out. When you come out on the losing end, it's time to change your "beliefs." To set aside your herd mentality. To start thinking for yourself instead of letting others do it for you.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

if you do not have free will who forced you to start this thread?....

When I was speaking of "people," I was referring to most people. I am not one of them. I have free will.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dude......are you simply going to ignore all the examples in the Bible of people NOT doing God's will?.......like maybe Adam and Eve being disobedient?........or Cain killing Abel......and that's before we get to chapter 5........
    And when people didn't do what god wanted in the bible, did not god punish them? Also, it must ultimately be gods will that people screw up from time to time. Otherwise, he would have made them more intelligent. Also, what if instead of talking to moses as a burning bush far away from everybody else, he went right down to the multitude as a huge giant for everybody to see and say it directly to them what he supposedly said to moses. He could have also picked up a couple of sinners in his hands and crushed them in his hands in front of them. And tell them that he will cause sinners and those who don't do as he said from then on to die horribly. Don't you think that would have caused much less sinning? If anything, I think god likes sinners.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you believe that what you said had any meaning, it is only in your own delusional mind.....
    You should put me on ignore. You don't listen to delusional people, do you? LOL
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What I wrote wasn't a belief. It was a fact.
    everyone believes their beliefs are facts........it's inherent in underlying nature of belief......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When I was speaking of "people," I was referring to most people. I am not one of them. I have free will.
    just like every other person ever created......

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And when people didn't do what god wanted in the bible, did not god punish them?
    so your argument that people have no free will is that people did what God did not want them to do?......

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

You posted a bunch of crap written by various religious people. Blah, blah, blah. ... If you want a book on religion that actually says something, look this book up. It is free to read. It is called "Our Holy Hell: The Causes, The Solutions." I know you never will. So I will just tell you what the title of the first four main chapters are. Ponder what they say. 1. Stupidity and lies of the old testament. 2. Evil of the old testament. 3. Stupidity and lies of the new testament. 4. Evil of the new testament.
    Oh, I see, you are an Anti-Christ agent.

A repairman that looks at you machine and smashes it with a hammer. Ad then replies, 'I don't know how to fix those anyway'.

PS:
    Scientology is NOT a religion, its a psychoanalysis methodology cult.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” I suppose we all thought that, one way or another. robert oppenheimer

And when people didn't do what god wanted in the bible, did not god punish them?

Riddle me that Joker.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

everyone believes their beliefs are facts........it's inherent in underlying nature of belief......

Anything that can clearly be demonstrated isn't a belief. It's a fact.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so your argument that people have no free will is that people did what God did not want them to do?......

I said what I said. Make of it what you will.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    Oh, I see, you are an Anti-Christ agent.

A repairman that looks at you machine and smashes it with a hammer. Ad then replies, 'I don't know how to fix those anyway'.

PS:
    Scientology is NOT a religion, its a psychoanalysis methodology cult.

You can call it what you will. Either there is stupidity and lies in the old testament or there isn't. Either there is evil in the old testament or there isn't. Either there stupidity and lies in the new testament or there isn't. Either there is evil in the new testament or there isn't. There is nothing more in that regard to figure out. Also, according to scientologists, scientology is a religion. They even got tax exempt status as a religion.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” I suppose we all thought that, one way or another. robert oppenheimer

Riddle me that Joker.
    Vishnu is as much bullshit as god.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Vishnu is as much bullshit as god.
    Prove it.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"