Thread: Biden names climate statesman John Kerry as climate envoy

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    You're welcome to Airbnb from me whenever you need it. I'll give you the friends and family discount.
    Try English next time.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    No one said it was, dumbass, but thank you for proving yourself to be a true modern liberal.

I am a proud liberal. You, on the other hand, stand for nothing. I've read a lot of your posts. You have endless criticism to dish on every single person who is not you, but you have no coherent philosophy. You're a waste of flesh and space.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Jerome (11-25-2020)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Try English next time.
    "You're welcome to Airbnb from me whenever you need it. I'll give you the friends and family discount."

What part(s) of those two sentences did you not understand?

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Horse driven buggies travel across water when they're on a boat?

I'm still deciding, but you might be the stupidest motherfucker on this website.
    Might be, but I know I'll always be smarter than you.

Thanks again for displaying everything that modern liberalism has to offer Americans.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Might be, but I know I'll always be smarter than you.

Thanks again for displaying everything that modern liberalism has to offer Americans.
    You acknowledge that you might be the stupidest motherfucker on this website, yet you know that you'll always be smarter than me.

Can't make this shit up, folks.

7. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

You acknowledge that you might be the stupidest motherfucker on this website, yet you know that you'll always be smarter than me.

I really don't think this guy is worth your time. He makes furtive attempts to sound intelligent in some posts, but it's pretty clear that if he ever attempted to make a coherent point that extended beyond 220 characters, everyone would see his intellectual bankruptcy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerome For This Post:

Diesel (11-25-2020)

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Why do you think that?
    First, Kerry is a traitor. He's the real deal. His time with the VVAW, the Winter Soldier program, meeting (illegally) with the N. Vietnamese government, etc., all were acts against the US. Read his book The New Soldier some time. It's a shock just how anti-American and traitorous he was.

Then there's his self-serving time in the US Navy. He's the sort of officer you never, ever want to be under command of. That's based on his assignments and actions and my own experience over 27 years in the Navy. I've seen his type more than once. They are terrible to work for because it's all about getting them promoted.

On top of that, Kerry is a technological and scientific illiterate. He has no clue about the science and technology he'd be dealing with here. That means he could, and will, be buffaloed by scientists, engineers, and businessmen who have an agenda or align with his own political views. He has no real means of discerning the correct actions from wrong ones to take. An example of that was as a Senator he was on the Committee for Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Lobbists and others that worked with that committee said almost universally that Kerry rarely attended hearings, and was not considered a significant player on it by them. He'd typically just vote with his party or the majority.

You do know he voted against the Kyoto Climate Treaty don't you? Another indication that Kerry goes whichever way the most favorable wind to his political career is blowing.

That's some of why he's such a bad choice.

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obviously if you were rich, then you became rich the same way Trump did: Daddy gave it to you.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    First, Kerry is a traitor. He's the real deal. His time with the VVAW, the Winter Soldier program, meeting (illegally) with the N. Vietnamese government, etc., all were acts against the US. Read his book The New Soldier some time. It's a shock just how anti-American and traitorous he was.

Then there's his self-serving time in the US Navy. He's the sort of officer you never, ever want to be under command of. That's based on his assignments and actions and my own experience over 27 years in the Navy. I've seen his type more than once. They are terrible to work for because it's all about getting them promoted.

On top of that, Kerry is a technological and scientific illiterate. He has no clue about the science and technology he'd be dealing with here. That means he could, and will, be buffaloed by scientists, engineers, and businessmen who have an agenda or align with his own political views. He has no real means of discerning the correct actions from wrong ones to take. An example of that was as a Senator he was on the Committee for Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Lobbists and others that worked with that committee said almost universally that Kerry rarely attended hearings, and was not considered a significant player on it by them. He'd typically just vote with his party or the majority.

You do know he voted against the Kyoto Climate Treaty don't you? Another indication that Kerry goes whichever way the most favorable wind to his political career is blowing.

That's some of why he's such a bad choice.
    Agreed Kerry's 1970 Paris meeting was illegal, but I'm not sure it was treasonous since he (illegally) met with both sides in Paris, not Hanoi like Hanoi Jane.

Did you support the Vietnam War as it was fought? What do you think LBJ should have done from 1964 until the end of his term?

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

because those people artificially manipulated the market cost of each type of energy
    like subsidies for wind and solar?......or battery powered cars?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Although I try to rent out my homes when I don't live in them, I do have people water my plants, clean the surfaces, and check the plumbing and the mailboxes when they're empty. I'm not only supporting local economies from afar, but I'm also offsetting my energy usage with purchases of sustainable production (e.g., hydro and wind in Europe, wind and solar in the US, and solar in Asia). So stop being such a little bitch because you didn't make as much money in this life. In the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant. The true imperative is to do the best and be the best that we can be. That includes, at a minimum, supporting sustainable methods of energy production. If you give one care about anyone younger than you, anyone other than you, then this is a no-brainer.
    I was thinking about Kerry......I didn't actually believe you when you said you had a house.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, I buy energy that was produced by sustainable sources, you fucking idiot.
    you buy energy from the company that provides service to your neighborhood......just like everyone else.........

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Agreed Kerry's 1970 Paris meeting was illegal, but I'm not sure it was treasonous since he (illegally) met with both sides in Paris, not Hanoi like Hanoi Jane.

Did you support the Vietnam War as it was fought? What do you think LBJ should have done from 1964 until the end of his term?
    I was a bit too young for that. But with Kerry, it wasn't just that meeting. It was his lying testimony to Congress, his involvement with Winter Soldier and the VVAW in general that add to it giving a picture of a guy that was traitorous. Hanoi's war museum hails Kerry as a hero...

And, Kerry was right alongside Fonda in all this.

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Someone that might actually practice what they preach.
    caveman.jpg

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-25-2020), Sailor (11-25-2020)

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I was a bit too young for that. But with Kerry, it wasn't just that meeting. It was his lying testimony to Congress, his involvement with Winter Soldier and the VVAW in general that add to it giving a picture of a guy that was traitorous. Hanoi's war museum hails Kerry as a hero...

And, Kerry was right alongside Fonda in all this.

I was High Schooler in those days and anxious to graduate and do my duty. Dad did two Vietnam tours in the Army. The second tour saw him come home a different man in 1970. It was a bad war, horribly mismanaged by LBJ, supported by Hawks and highly divisive nationally. I saw friends lose their father in Vietnam then given 30 days notice to move the family off base. The only good thing about Korea and Vietnam was that it was preferable to a nuclear exchange with the USSR and the PRC. Let's not forget that both Trump and Rush Limbaugh were draft-dodging cowards. At least Kerry did his tour.

I don't agree with how Kerry handled it but I respect his will to stand up and fight it. Same for any stateside activists and, especially, vets like Ron Kovic. Jane Fonda made a complete fool of herself, and, IMO, committed treason, by going to Hanoi. She epitomized the LW liberal who doesn't know shit about the military and/or national security.