Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM Stops Backing Trump Administration in Emissions Fight With California

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool GM Stops Backing Trump Administration in Emissions Fight With California

General Motors Co. will no longer back the Trump administration in its legal battle to strip California’s authority to set its own fuel-efficiency regulations, saying GM’s goals for green cars are aligned with the state and the incoming Biden administration.

In October 2019, GM intervened in a lawsuit filed by environmental groups challenging the Trump administration’s decision to revoke a federal waiver that allows California to set its own tailpipe-emissions standards. GM was joined by Toyota Motor Corp. , Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and other car companies in siding with the administration’s view that federal regulators should set the rules, not individual states.
    On Monday, GM said it has withdrawn from that lawsuit and encouraged other auto makers to follow, saying it sees a route to compromise on tailpipe-emission rules.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-stop...ia-11606160905
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-24-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,305 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post

General Motors Co. will no longer back the Trump administration in its legal battle to strip California’s authority to set its own fuel-efficiency regulations, saying GM’s goals for green cars are aligned with the state and the incoming Biden administration.

In October 2019, GM intervened in a lawsuit filed by environmental groups challenging the Trump administration’s decision to revoke a federal waiver that allows California to set its own tailpipe-emissions standards. GM was joined by Toyota Motor Corp. , Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV and other car companies in siding with the administration’s view that federal regulators should set the rules, not individual states.
    On Monday, GM said it has withdrawn from that lawsuit and encouraged other auto makers to follow, saying it sees a route to compromise on tailpipe-emission rules.

I guess GM can see the coming writing on the wall. No doubt Biden's administration will nix the lawsuit once in office. GM is just getting ahead of the game. Doesn't mean they agree with that decision, just that they recognize without government support it's going to be really expensive for them and the chances of winning aren't worth that cost.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

MO-2-COME

5. #4 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post

I wonder what california promised them?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I wonder what california promised them?
    To buy a fleet of electric cars, that's what.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I guess GM can see the coming writing on the wall. No doubt Biden's administration will nix the lawsuit once in office. GM is just getting ahead of the game. Doesn't mean they agree with that decision, just that they recognize without government support it's going to be really expensive for them and the chances of winning aren't worth that cost.
    I love how this fucking bozo thinks it's a rebuke of trump by GM. The stupid cunt has no idea it's simply a business move.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    To buy a fleet of electric cars, that's what.
    Makes sense

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

I love how this fucking bozo thinks it's a rebuke of trump by GM. The stupid cunt has no idea it's simply a business move.
    Trump is bad for business, you are correct.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-24-2020), Jerome (11-24-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2020)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Trump is bad for business, you are correct.
    Where did I say that you stupid fucking cunt? You feel better just posting something no matter how fucking stupid it is?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Makes sense
    Auto manufacturers compete for the large city, small vehicle markets (as well as others). Ever see a small car or SUV with a municipal or govt. license plate? There's thousands of them and each automaker wants a piece of the pie. Police cars are another branch of the market. GM is kissing Calif. ass for their business, simple as that.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Yakuda (11-24-2020)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Auto manufacturers compete for the large city, small vehicle markets (as well as others). Ever see a small car or SUV with a municipal or govt. license plate? There's thousands of them and each automaker wants a piece of the pie. Police cars are another branch of the market. GM is kissing Calif. ass for their business, simple as that.
    Spot on. GM is like a leftist whore, she will bend over for whoever has the cash but this dick weed things it's amazing how GM is disagreeing with trump.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,263 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

In this old world, you have to have a vision for the future. People fear change. I get that! Cost is always a factor. As new technologies abound, the old standards are always going to always put up a fight to survive. Then it becomes a political fight. We have operated vehicles using gasoline for over 140 years. So the major oil companies have invested heavily into the manufacturing and marketing of Gasoline. So they are going to use political advantages to remain the standard for fueling automobiles through lobbying politicians to insure their survival.

Global warming was never the idea behind the production of newer technologies that would provide an alternative to gasoline propelled vehicles. But the Oil companies would certainly like for you to think that, because Global warming is a subject that is heavily argued, and politicized by the Oil Industry. The Oil companies have no choice but to deny Global warming and the effect automobile emissions have on anything to do with global warming.

When I decided to stop using Gasoline powered mowers, edgers, blowers, chainsaws, etc. and purchase the all new Battery Operated lawn maintenance equipment, it was not for reasons of Global Warming.

It was for many other reasons I considered. Such as convenience, original investment cost being close to the very same price, no loss in performance what-so-ever, ease of operation and maintenance, safety, efficiency, initial cost, and long term costs.- You just charge charge and go do your lawn and be done. No running to the gasoline station between mowing, or mixing oil and gasoline, no storing of dangerous combustible inflammables sitting around, no smell of gasoline saturating the garage, and seeping into the house, no cranking on cords, pulling your arm out of socket to start the engines anymore, and no unforeseen maintenance in sight.

I suppose someone somewhere might like to make a political argument out of my decision to go with the new battery operated Lawn equipment, but I would just laugh at you because I am very satisfied with my decision to invest in them and I'll assure you my decision was not a political one at all. But knock yourselves out you politically motivated fools.

General Motors is not an oil company nor do they owe the Oil companies or the politicians that are clinging onto the denying of Global Warming or their sucking up to the Oil Company Lobbyists. General motor is smart enough to see around the corner and know what is coming, regardless to whether they lead or follow in their pursuit of manufacturing of alternate fuel vehicles. And trust me, their decisions to retool and manufacture electric cars has nothing to do with global warming either. IT HAS TO DO WITH INSIGHT AND THE FEAR OF BEING LEFT BEHIND LIKE THE OIL COMPANIES SURELY WILL BE IN JUST A MATTER OF 5 YEARS OR LESS.

If you want to know about General Motors vision for the future- take a look....

https://www.gm.com/electric-vehicles...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-24-2020 at 12:45 PM.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I LOVE to see them CRY

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Where did I say that you stupid fucking cunt? You feel better just posting something no matter how fucking stupid it is?
    You ever thought about douching? Would that make you less grumpy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis