Thread: All Americans, even at the White House, should avoid holiday gatherings

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Default All Americans, even at the White House, should avoid holiday gatherings

US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams warned Monday that all Americans -- even at the White House -- should follow US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and avoid gatherings during what he called a "dire point" in the pandemic.

Adams was asked during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" how the White House can justify hosting holiday parties as the CDC is advising Americans to stay home for Thanksgiving and warning against indoor gatherings.

Invitations for White House holiday parties have started to arrive on Capitol Hill and to Republican donors, two people who have received them said.

The sources said the invitations seemed like any other year, with no mention of coronavirus precautions.

And last week, first lady Melania Trump finalized guest lists for parties with friends, family and staff, which will be held over multiple evenings in mid-December.

The parties are yet another example of those in the White House shirking the administration's own best practices, which has led to multiple outbreaks over the past few months and concerns it could happen again.

"I want the American people to know that we are at a dire point in our fight with this virus by any measure: cases, positivity, hospitalizations, deaths. We're seeing more Americans negatively impacted than ever before," he said.

He continued, "I'm asking Americans -- and begging you -- hold on just a little bit longer. Keep Thanksgiving and the celebration small and smart this year."

Adams said, "Well, we want everyone to understand that these holiday celebrations can be super spreader events, so we want them to be smart and we want them to be as small as possible. But again, go to cdc.gov. Look at those tips for everyone. These apply to the White House, they apply to the American people, they apply to everyone. We want you to stay safe, so we can get to a vaccine."

Melania Trump, as she has done the last three years, started planning her "design theme" in late summer for the holidays.

This year, however, the number of volunteers selected to adorn the White House was dramatically scaled back due to Covid-19 guidelines, as will be the tour groups who come to see it.

She has previously lamented the lengthy annual process, telling friend and former adviser Stephanie Winston Wolkoff in secretly-recorded tapes, "I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/23/p...ams/index.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Biden Transition Team View Post
    US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams warned Monday that all Americans -- even at the White House -- should follow US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and avoid gatherings during what he called a "dire point" in the pandemic.

Adams was asked during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" how the White House can justify hosting holiday parties as the CDC is advising Americans to stay home for Thanksgiving and warning against indoor gatherings.

Invitations for White House holiday parties have started to arrive on Capitol Hill and to Republican donors, two people who have received them said.

The sources said the invitations seemed like any other year, with no mention of coronavirus precautions.

And last week, first lady Melania Trump finalized guest lists for parties with friends, family and staff, which will be held over multiple evenings in mid-December.

The parties are yet another example of those in the White House shirking the administration's own best practices, which has led to multiple outbreaks over the past few months and concerns it could happen again.

"I want the American people to know that we are at a dire point in our fight with this virus by any measure: cases, positivity, hospitalizations, deaths. We're seeing more Americans negatively impacted than ever before," he said.

He continued, "I'm asking Americans -- and begging you -- hold on just a little bit longer. Keep Thanksgiving and the celebration small and smart this year."

Adams said, "Well, we want everyone to understand that these holiday celebrations can be super spreader events, so we want them to be smart and we want them to be as small as possible. But again, go to cdc.gov. Look at those tips for everyone. These apply to the White House, they apply to the American people, they apply to everyone. We want you to stay safe, so we can get to a vaccine."

Melania Trump, as she has done the last three years, started planning her "design theme" in late summer for the holidays.

This year, however, the number of volunteers selected to adorn the White House was dramatically scaled back due to Covid-19 guidelines, as will be the tour groups who come to see it.

She has previously lamented the lengthy annual process, telling friend and former adviser Stephanie Winston Wolkoff in secretly-recorded tapes, "I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f*** about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/23/p...ams/index.html
    Never. I might invite my whole neighborhood over.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Never. I might invite my whole neighborhood over.
    You may be arrested and/or fined if you do.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I want YOU to come and try to collect the fine.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,062 Times in 8,414 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

So? Its time to stand up to you stupid cunts. You idiots won't mind clogging up the court system with these asinine arrests. I hope everybody in america tell you to fuck off. Enough with your bullshit

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    So? Its time to stand up to you stupid cunts. You idiots won't mind clogging up the court system with these asinine arrests. I hope everybody in america tell you to fuck off. Enough with your bullshit
    There will be no clogging of the courts.

Emergency powers allow officials to act in the public interest.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

fascist

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A man wearing a Trump shirt and an inflatable Trump innertube around his belly who was seen on video deliberately exhaling on two women outside of Donald Trump's golf course in Virginia has been charged with simple assault.

Raymond Deskins, 61, of Sterling, Virginia, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

One of the women shot cellphone video of Saturday's incident outside Trump's club in Sterling and posted it on social media.

Michele Bowman, public information officer for the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, confirmed to CNN that Raymond Deskins, the man charged, is the man seen in the video.

In the 24-second video, Deskins -- who was not wearing a mask -- can be seen in a verbal confrontation with the women who were there protesting Trump.

The women can be heard telling him to get away from them and back up.

One of the women yelled at him, "Get away from me! Get away from me!"

The other woman told him, "You don't get up in somebody's face," to which he responded, "I'm not in anybody's face."

She replied, "You are in my face -- and you don't have a mask, so you need to back up."

That's when the man can be seen exhaling forcefully, apparently in the direction of one of the women.

The women gasped in shock as the man turned around with a smirk on his face.

One of the women yelled, "That's assault!"

The man yelled back, "I breathed on you!"

He then exhaled on the woman taking the video.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/23/u...lub/index.html