Thanks
    Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turd bird 7175 View Post
    Yes, it does.

Fake news... lies...
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 3,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Moving the goal posts?
    No.

He lost the case. He is appealing. There is no case pending when a court has ruled.

The lawsuits are not pending if Trump lost in the lower court. The appeal is pending and not for much longer.

Trump has lost most of the cases he took to court. Your denial of reality doesn't change that. His appealing the loss doesn't change the fact that he lost.
    The lawsuits are still pending; they are still going through the proper legal channels. So long as the lawsuits are being appealed (making their way through the court system), they are still pending until an ultimate decision from a higher court (which will be SCOTUS in this case) is reached.

But feel free to keep getting yourself stuck in irrelevancies...

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump lost the preliminary election by over 150.000 votes. I guess the real vote will be 2 to 2. We wasted so much time and money holding an election.
    I wonder does this mean the Mich. electors will not be allowed to vote for Biden when the electoral college meets? Or do the Repubs politicians in Michigan pick them?
    It's terrifying, isn't it? If the electors were ever going to revolt and disregard the election, they should have done it when the least qualified and most dangerous president in American history was elected. But I never even entertained nor supported such a drastic move because that would be un-American. Cue the mouth-breathing Trump supporters who would rather destroy the country than work with a liberal.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

...DELETED mantra 13... So if a suit is settled out of court then Trump won the case?
    Effectively, yes. His campaign received what it asked for. I would consider that to be a win.

...DELETED mantra 10d... If not having a court rule means he won then not having a court rule on the case must also mean he lost
    Paradox. It is not possible to simultaneously win and lose.

if he didn't get what he asked for.
    His campaign received what it asked for. I would consider that to be a win.

That would mean if we apply your standard any suit Trump has dropped must be considered a LOSS.
    Wrong. It could be dropped because the Trump campaign received what they asked for. I would consider that to be a win. It could also be dropped due to restructuring or numerous other reasons.

The standard would be Trump has lost all the suits he withdrew and yet you claim he has lost none?
    The only Trump campaign suit that was withdrawn was the one in which they received what they asked for. I would consider that to be a win. The remaining handful of Trump campaign suits are pending (still working their way through the court system, all the way up to SCOTUS).

A lawsuit is not pending if it has been withdrawn.
    Correct.

A lawsuit is not pending if a court has ruled on it.
    While the particular case ruling is no longer pending, the lawsuit (if appealed) is still pending.

An appeal doesn't mean the lawsuit is pending.
    Yes it does, as there has been no decision from the highest applicable court as of yet.

It only means the person that lost the suit doesn't like the loss so is protesting their loss. The keyword in all that is LOST and its variations like loss.
    You continue to focus on the irrelevancies rather than the legal process as a whole.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Your RABID jealousy of Stretch is showing through again. I guess I dont blame you. For one she doesnt have to go out and chop wood to heat her frozen shack in the winter. In fact,...I bet she even has a modern high efficiency furnace and AC! You still hauling ICE with tongs for the old ice box too and getting water from a pump outside? Hick rube...
    Damn. Don't you sound like an insecure pussy who wouldn't know how to use a water pump if it was the only way you could water your fat ass? I don't know ThatOwlWoman's personal circumstances and can't speak for her, but I have very lovely, modern homes on multiple continents and I also have a hick-ass cabin in the Rocky Mountains. So not only do I sometimes have to take an elevator to a 50th story penthouse in a crowded city, but sometimes I also have to chop wood and hunt to stay alive.

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    No.

The lawsuits are still pending; they are still going through the proper legal channels. So long as the lawsuits are being appealed (making their way through the court system), they are still pending until an ultimate decision from a higher court (which will be SCOTUS in this case) is reached.

But feel free to keep getting yourself stuck in irrelevancies...
    A decision on appeal after they lost is not a pending case. It is a pending appeal after they lost the case. The case was already decided before the appeal was filed and they lost. They are not appealing the lawsuits. They are appealing the judge's decision which which declared that they lost.

The lawsuits are no longer pending because they lost. Appealing the decision doesn't mean the lawsuit is still pending because the lawsuit can not be pending otherwise there could be no appeal. Court rulings defining "pending" state that a case is no longer pending when a decision is made and the decision was made and Trump lost. After that decision, the appeal is all that is pending. The original case is no longer pending because it was decided and Trump lost.

Appeals courts will not accept any appeal on a case that is still pending. So unless Trump LOST the cases and is appealing that loss there can be no appeal. Your argument that the lawsuit is still pending would mean that Trump can not appeal and yet you are arguing that he did appeal. The only way Trump can appeal is if he LOST the case and the case is no longer pending.

Did Trump lose the case so he could file an appeal? Or has no appeal been filed since he didn't LOSE the case?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poor Richard Saunders For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (11-24-2020), Guno צְבִי (11-24-2020)

8. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A decision on appeal after they lost is not a pending case.
    The particular case ruling is no longer pending, but the lawsuit is still pending as it is still working its way up the court system. You are unable to focus on what actually matters and are too easily distracted by that which does not ultimately matter...

It is a pending appeal after they lost the case. The case was already decided before the appeal was filed and they lost.
    See above.

They are not appealing the lawsuits. They are appealing the judge's decision which which declared that they lost.
    See above.

The lawsuits are no longer pending because they lost. Appealing the decision doesn't mean the lawsuit is still pending because the lawsuit can not be pending otherwise there could be no appeal. Court rulings defining "pending" state that a case is no longer pending when a decision is made and the decision was made and Trump lost. After that decision, the appeal is all that is pending. The original case is no longer pending because it was decided and Trump lost.

Appeals courts will not accept any appeal on a case that is still pending. So unless Trump LOST the cases and is appealing that loss there can be no appeal. Your argument that the lawsuit is still pending would mean that Trump can not appeal and yet you are arguing that he did appeal. The only way Trump can appeal is if he LOST the case and the case is no longer pending.

Did Trump lose the case so he could file an appeal? Or has no appeal been filed since he didn't LOSE the case?
    RQAA. See above.

9. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There are not thirty six Trump lawsuits about the election. The lawsuits he DOES have does mention it.
    Why do you continue posting when you never have any idea what you're talking about? It's so inconvenient for me to have to scroll past all your unmitigated dumbassery.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-it-s-n1248289

10. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Effectively, yes. His campaign received what it asked for. I would consider that to be a win.

Paradox. It is not possible to simultaneously win and lose.
    Since you claim that one can't both win and lose then your argument that he won would be wrong, would it not, since you don't think it is possible to lose a case that was not decided by the court? In reality court cases it is quite common to win and lose at the same time.

His campaign received what it asked for. I would consider that to be a win.
    Then when the campaign does not receive what it asked for it must be a loss in order for your argument to make sense.

Wrong. It could be dropped because the Trump campaign received what they asked for. I would consider that to be a win. It could also be dropped due to restructuring or numerous other reasons.
    If they are restructuring then they didn't get what they asked for which would be a loss. Unless one was being logically obtuse and simply declaring everything a win.

The only Trump campaign suit that was withdrawn was the one in which they received what they asked for. I would consider that to be a win. The remaining handful of Trump campaign suits are pending (still working their way through the court system, all the way up to SCOTUS).
    Trump only withdrew on one lawsuit?
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...rs/3776829001/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/polit...uit/index.html
    https://time.com/5912350/trump-lawye...-pennsylvania/

Are you incapable of counting past one?

Correct.
    While the particular case ruling is no longer pending, the lawsuit (if appealed) is still pending.
    The lawsuit which they lost is not pending. The appeal of the decision that they lost is pending.

Yes it does, as there has been no decision from the highest applicable court as of yet.
    The highest courts do not decide lawsuits. They never have and they never will. They decide issues of constitutionality and legality of decisions made by lower courts in which one party, in this case Trump, lost.

You continue to focus on the irrelevancies rather than the legal process as a whole.
    The legal process as a whole states that an appeal can not be filed until a case is decided and there is a loss in the case. I am hardly the one focusing on irrelevancies since you are the one that is refusing to admit that Trump lost when clearly he not only lost based on the court rulings but lost based on the fact that an appeal can't be filed until someone loses a case.

11. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The election is indeterminate. Biden has not won.

BULLSHIT.

The Democrats caused it.

The Democrats caused it.

Trump hasn't lost.
    You're still in the first stage of grief. It's been 18 days since Biden's victory was confirmed. You have the emotional maturity of a lead paint chip. Seek mental health help (remotely, of course).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-24-2020)

13. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Now you're an attorney too? Hahaha. Sorry, Sister Stench, most of us on the left are far brighter and better educated than you. All of us are aware that the lawsuits filed by your Malignant Messiah are civil in nature, and we're also cognizant of the fact that the standards of proof are different. So what? Either way, there is little to no evidence of any sort of fraud, cheating, illegalities, or vote switching. You're sounding more and more unhinged by the day.

#TRE45ON lost fair and square. Deal with it. Calm down, take some deep breaths, thank your god we finally have a decent man and his wife to lead our nation. And First Puppies too!

Are those dogs celebrating Easter with colored eggs? I can't support that. (<-- That's a joke.)

14. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The particular case ruling is no longer pending, but the lawsuit is still pending as it is still working its way up the court system. You are unable to focus on what actually matters and are too easily distracted by that which does not ultimately matter...

See above.

See above.

RQAA. See above.
    The lawsuit is the particular case and Trump lost. The lawsuit is not still pending since Trump lost. The appeal of the loss is still pending. Your inability to understand that a loss is required before an appeal can be filed is not my problem but yours. Either the legal process matters or it doesn't. If the legal process matters than Trump lost before the appeal was filed. Your distraction from the loss by simply declaring he hasn't lost is not a valid argument when it comes to the legal process. It is simple a refusal on your part to accept the reality that Trump lost and his loss is required before an appeal can be pending. The legal process is not finished but we are at the point in the legal process where Trump lost the case and a loss is required for an appeal of that loss to be filed.

15. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    the warning that we should all heed is we just elected a brain dead early on-set dementia ridden nutcase to pull us the rest of the way out of this pandemic
    wtf are people thinking, answer is they're not
    You mean that's the one we voted out. Allahu Akbar.

16. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

17. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Nothing is pending, sweetie, you have lost everything.
    After years of unchecked delusion and lots of wink-and-nod lying, these assholes have decided to throw in the towel and go clinically mental. "Proof is not evidence." "We offered evidence. We just don't know what it was or where it is." "Wait and see." "Democrats are evil, so we don't need any other reason to obliterate any integrity we might have developed in our lifetimes. We will say literally anything -- no matter how dishonest and how absurdly insane -- to burn liberals."

They're foul and vile. They're bad people without hope for redemption. They're liars who are on record as preferring to destroy the United States of America rather than work with people who disagree with them. The worst ones are thankfully near death. My concern is for the younger ones who are being formed by these psychopaths. For the sake of their future lives and society in general, I hope they can be rehabilitated.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-24-2020), Into the Night (11-24-2020)