Thread: Florida abortion ban violates Jews' religious freedom, lawsuit says

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,848 Times in 14,187 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Florida abortion ban violates Jews' religious freedom, lawsuit says

(Reuters) - Florida's ban on abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy violates the religious freedom of Jews because Jewish law requires the procedure in some cases, a Boynton Beach synagogue said in a lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed in state court on Friday by Congregation L'Dor Va-Dor, also says that the abortion ban violates the right to privacy guaranteed by the state constitution.

"Our office is confident that this law will ultimately withstand all legal challenges," a spokesman for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said in an email.

The U.S. Supreme Court established a right to abortion nationwide in its landmark 1973 ruling in Roe v. Wade, but a draft opinion leaked last month suggests that the court's Republican-appointed majority is poised to overturn that law.

"For Jews, all life is precious and thus the decision to bring new life into the world is not taken lightly or determined by state fiat," the lawsuit said. "In Jewish law, abortion is necessary if required to protect the health, mental or physical well-being of the women or for many other reasons not permitted (by Florida's law)."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...deba05eb6a4533
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

evince (06-16-2022), Phantasmal (06-16-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

based on the scientific acumen of medieval rabbis who think the fetus is just H2O.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,848 Times in 14,187 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    based on the scientific acumen of medieval rabbis who think the fetus is just H2O.....
    Ignorant goyim who prayers to a dead triune man-god on two sticks and "thinks" Jewish scripture has to do with you
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Ignorant goyim who prayers to a dead triune man-god on two sticks and "thinks" Jewish scripture has to do with you
    you yourself told us that medieval rabbis believed the fetus was water.......are you retracting that statement?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”