Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: President Biden to announce cabinet picks this week

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 190 Times in 141 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

    Default President Biden to announce cabinet picks this week


  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 190 Times in 141 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

    Default


    President Biden will appoint CNN's Blinken as Secretary of State

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 190 Times in 141 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    President Biden will choose first Woman to lead Intelligence, first Latino to run Homeland Security

    John Kerry, the former secretary of state, will be climate czar.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/u...-nominees.html

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Biden Transition Team For This Post:

    moon (11-23-2020)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,403 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 126 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    What difference does gender or race make here? Why is that even a criteria for his picks?

    John Kerry is a traitor and idiot. Perfect to ruin the nation over Gorebal Warming.

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    22,988
    Thanks
    2,413
    Thanked 13,608 Times in 8,225 Posts
    Groans
    4
    Groaned 813 Times in 723 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The Diversity is going to send the Racist up the walls ...
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    moon (11-23-2020)

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15,630
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 5,695 Times in 3,742 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,241 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    What difference does gender or race make here? Why is that even a criteria for his picks?

    John Kerry is a traitor and idiot. Perfect to ruin the nation over Gorebal Warming.

    A Presidential cabinet should reflect the makeup of our country.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    moon (11-23-2020)

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,403 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 126 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    A Presidential cabinet should reflect the makeup of our country.
    By gender and race? Why? Wouldn't we rather want the best and most qualified people to advise the President rather than a bunch of political hacks, retards, idiots, and psychophants chosen solely on what's between their legs and the color of their skin?

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,353
    Thanks
    494
    Thanked 3,459 Times in 2,150 Posts
    Groans
    7
    Groaned 820 Times in 765 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    By gender and race? Why? Wouldn't we rather want the best and most qualified people to advise the President rather than a bunch of political hacks, retards, idiots, and psychophants chosen solely on what's between their legs and the color of their skin?
    With Trump, we got neither the best, nor diversity. Trump went with loyalists & Fox staffers, and generally people with little or no experience for their positions.

    It's not like there is one perfect person for each position. Given different backgrounds and qualifications, there is no need to compromise anything to make choices based on a variety of factors.

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15,630
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 5,695 Times in 3,742 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,241 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    By gender and race? Why? Wouldn't we rather want the best and most qualified people to advise the President rather than a bunch of political hacks, retards, idiots, and psychophants chosen solely on what's between their legs and the color of their skin?
    How quickly you choose to forget the trump cabinets. Hardly a single person was chosen on the basis of competence, but solely, and we will repeat, solely, on the basis of loyalty to Trump. Can you even count how many of these people abused their office for personal gain, and for trump that was fine so long as they were loyal and weren't caught.

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,403 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 126 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    With Trump, we got neither the best, nor diversity. Trump went with loyalists & Fox staffers, and generally people with little or no experience for their positions.

    It's not like there is one perfect person for each position. Given different backgrounds and qualifications, there is no need to compromise anything to make choices based on a variety of factors.
    This is about Biden's cabinet picks. So far, it looks like gender and race with the choices being mostly the political hacks, retards, idiots, and psychophants I mentioned earlier for actual skill level.

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    6,471
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 2,403 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 126 Times in 117 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    How quickly you choose to forget the trump cabinets. Hardly a single person was chosen on the basis of competence, but solely, and we will repeat, solely, on the basis of loyalty to Trump. Can you even count how many of these people abused their office for personal gain, and for trump that was fine so long as they were loyal and weren't caught.
    This isn't about Trump's picks. It's about Biden's. You are making a Tu Quoque fallacy.

  15. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    15,630
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 5,695 Times in 3,742 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,241 Times in 1,168 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    This isn't about Trump's picks. It's about Biden's. You are making a Tu Quoque fallacy.
    I have no problem with Bidens cabinet picks so long as they are competent.

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    57,545
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 9,979 Times in 8,542 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biden Transition Team View Post
    President Biden will choose first Woman to lead Intelligence, first Latino to run Homeland Security

    John Kerry, the former secretary of state, will be climate czar.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/23/u...-nominees.html
    Just more examples of picking people based on gender and race without considering actual qualifications.

  17. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    57,545
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 9,979 Times in 8,542 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    I have no problem with Bidens cabinet picks so long as they are competent.
    The problem is lefties consider race/ethnicity and gender as qualifications.

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    57,545
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 9,979 Times in 8,542 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    A Presidential cabinet should reflect the makeup of our country.
    In other words, you believe in diversity for the sake of diversity without taking into consideration qualifications.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-16-2020, 04:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2020, 02:08 PM
  3. biden's cabinet ? who ?
    By qmuddy2 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2020, 03:22 PM
  4. All of Trumps cabinet picks will get approved, thanks the Harry Reid
    By The_Donald in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-21-2016, 09:34 AM
  5. Okay, these are my final picks for an Obama cabinet
    By Cypress in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •