Thread: OAN and Newsmax

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,570 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie.....
    ROFLMAO. Another poster asked me "What's the difference between an intelligent Republican conservative and a Right Wing Nut Job?" Thanks for providing a clear definition of a RWNJ.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-23-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

This thread is instructive. The OP, basically, explains a technology with which most of us are unfamiliar. No politics or anything controversial, yet it triggers liberals to attack the poster.

The line, "... Fox News went all commie ..." is perhaps unfortunate, but we understand he intends humorous exaggeration. Liberals pretend to be incredulous and indignant so they can attack a poster who holds different opinions.

The depths to which discussion and conversation have sunk makes me grieve for the future of our nation.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

You should start a thread that debates the bias of Fox news instead of whining about it on this thread that is about how to access the media sources that the title and opening post are about.

Also, you are broadcasting to everybody who ever reads this thread that your perception of the political landscape is not really yours, it is owned by the single type of media that engineered it for you. Those who consume the narrow range of media that you do, PLUS OAN and Newsmax will always be better informed than you by default.
    #deflection

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    ONAN. Funny. Masturbation.
    LOL. True, funny.

Remember how the far Right bitched, whined and moaned for almost 20 years about "identity politics"? This thread is an excellent example of RW identity politics:

Real right wingers don't wear masks.

Real right wingers don't accept anything from .gov or with the word "science" attached.

Real right wingers want Trump to be President-for-Life

Real right wingers only watch OAN and Newsmax.

OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    This thread is instructive. The OP, basically, explains a technology with which most of us are unfamiliar. No politics or anything controversial, yet it triggers liberals to attack the poster.

The line, "... Fox News went all commie ..." is perhaps unfortunate, but we understand he intends humorous exaggeration. Liberals pretend to be incredulous and indignant so they can attack a poster who holds different opinions.

The depths to which discussion and conversation have sunk makes me grieve for the future of our nation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-23-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources.

Firestick tv is my preferred way. It is a little thumb drive thingy that plugs into an hdmi port of your TV, and it comes with a little remote. Firestick costs less than 50 bucks at Best Buy, eBay, or amazon, and there are no service or subscription charges to run the firestick itself. OAN charges 5 bucks a month, Newsmax is free. There is a new 4k version of firestick available now, well worth it and still less than 50 bucks.

Klowd tv is another way. Klowd ( klowdtv.com ) can be used on a home computer via url, or it can be used via their app on your smart device. It can also be accessed from firestick. Klowd has a $10 package and a $5 package. The $5 package has 8 channels including OAN and Newsmax, and the $10 package has about 80 channels. I just pay the 5 dollars for the basic package, since I can access it from my firestick and don't need to pay the $5 fee to access OAN from firestick. The Klowd app allows me to watch OAN and Newsmax from my phone or tablet wherever I am, and I can use the same sign in credentials on my firestick to watch it on my big screens at home.
    Nobody is going to listen to you.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

And yet you said nothing as far as I know about posters attacking other posters about CNN.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources.

Firestick tv is my preferred way. It is a little thumb drive thingy that plugs into an hdmi port of your TV, and it comes with a little remote. Firestick costs less than 50 bucks at Best Buy, eBay, or amazon, and there are no service or subscription charges to run the firestick itself. OAN charges 5 bucks a month, Newsmax is free. There is a new 4k version of firestick available now, well worth it and still less than 50 bucks.

Klowd tv is another way. Klowd ( klowdtv.com ) can be used on a home computer via url, or it can be used via their app on your smart device. It can also be accessed from firestick. Klowd has a $10 package and a $5 package. The $5 package has 8 channels including OAN and Newsmax, and the $10 package has about 80 channels. I just pay the 5 dollars for the basic package, since I can access it from my firestick and don't need to pay the $5 fee to access OAN from firestick. The Klowd app allows me to watch OAN and Newsmax from my phone or tablet wherever I am, and I can use the same sign in credentials on my firestick to watch it on my big screens at home.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For those who are particularly thrifty, Newsmax has a free app that can be added to your phone or tablet that allows you to watch for free. This may be why Newsmax seems to be taking in more Fox News refugees than OAN.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

For those who are particularly thrifty, Newsmax has a free app that can be added to your phone or tablet that allows you to watch for free. This may be why Newsmax seems to be taking in more Fox News refugees than OAN.
    I'm beginning to understand: cheap as well as stupid.
    Never before have more Americans caused more doubt about the wording of the First Amendment.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I'm beginning to understand: cheap as well as stupid.
    Never before have more Americans caused more doubt about the wording of the First Amendment.
    You should start a thread about the wording of the first amendment instead of whining about it on this thread that is about how to access the media sources that the title and opening post are about.

Also, you are broadcasting to everybody who ever reads this thread that your perception of the political landscape is not really yours, it is owned by the single type of media that engineered it for you. Those who consume the narrow range of media that you do, PLUS OAN and Newsmax will always be better informed than you by default.

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    And yet you said nothing as far as I know about posters attacking other posters about CNN.
    Non sequitur. (I use the phrase "non sequitur" as often as I can. Took me years to learn to spell it.)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ROFLMAO. Another poster asked me "What's the difference between an intelligent Republican conservative and a Right Wing Nut Job?" Thanks for providing a clear definition of a RWNJ.
    Are you totally out of the loop or are you yet another liar?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I never look at either....for off script I go the Redstate, Tucker, Reason, The Federalist, National Review, American Thinker and a bunch of Twitters....I am good for the moment.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Are you totally out of the loop or are you yet another liar?
    Neither, but I'm always fascinated you think those are the only two options. You've always been a Debbie Downer for as long as I've known you.

Jesus, Hawkeye, get a fucking grip. Life is good. Enjoy it.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Non sequitur. (I use the phrase "non sequitur" as often as I can. Took me years to learn to spell it.)
    Great phrase. Congrats on the spellin'. Perhaps now you can focus on learning what it means.

Example: The OP is calling Fox far left and recommending OAN and Newsmax as a far Right alternative. You think it's about tech. That's a non sequitur in that your comment doesn't follow the OP's comments.

APL commented on your whining about liberals attacking the OP. That was "sequitur" since it did follow your comment. As such, your claim it was a non sequitur was erroneous.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.