Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OAN and Newsmax

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources.

Firestick tv is my preferred way. It is a little thumb drive thingy that plugs into an hdmi port of your TV, and it comes with a little remote. Firestick costs less than 50 bucks at Best Buy, eBay, or amazon, and there are no service or subscription charges to run the firestick itself. OAN charges 5 bucks a month, Newsmax is free. There is a new 4k version of firestick available now, well worth it and still less than 50 bucks.

Klowd tv is another way. Klowd ( klowdtv.com ) can be used on a home computer via url, or it can be used via their app on your smart device. It can also be accessed from firestick. Klowd has a $10 package and a $5 package. The $5 package has 8 channels including OAN and Newsmax, and the $10 package has about 80 channels. I just pay the 5 dollars for the basic package, since I can access it from my firestick and don't need to pay the $5 fee to access OAN from firestick. The Klowd app allows me to watch OAN and Newsmax from my phone or tablet wherever I am, and I can use the same sign in credentials on my firestick to watch it on my big screens at home.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For those who are particularly thrifty, Newsmax has a free app that can be added to your phone or tablet that allows you to watch for free. This may be why Newsmax seems to be taking in more Fox News refugees than OAN.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    For those who are particularly thrifty, Newsmax has a free app that can be added to your phone or tablet that allows you to watch for free. This may be why Newsmax seems to be taking in more Fox News refugees than OAN.
    Newsmax has been around for over 20 years, OANN just 7 years. Trump is looking at buying Newsmax and converting it to Trump TV. This makes sense since it's easier to take over an existing network than to build one from scratch.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here is some more info about viewing OAN.

You can find One America News Network on the national providers:
    AT&T U-verse – 208 (SD) and 1208 (HD)
    CenturyLink PRISM – 208 (SD) and 1208 (HD)
    DirecTV – 347
    GCI – 64 (SD) and 703 (HD)
    Verizon FiOS – 116 (SD) and 616 (HD)

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

He has to be working for them. My mind boggles at the idea that Fox went all Commie? How far into the right ether does he have to be? Blaze and Breitbart are center from your perch. Stormfront is a lefty cartoon.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just added Blaze TV to my firestick. I've been lazy about paying for Blaze since I don't really like Glenn Beck, but I now see that Blaze is a whole lot more than Beck. I can watch Crowder, Candace Owen's, Levin, Phil from duck dynasty, and many more shows on the Blaze. Having Blaze, OAN, Newsmax, O'Reilly, and many more righty channels is pretty sweet.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Great phrase. Congrats on the spellin'. Perhaps now you can focus on learning what it means.

Example: The OP is calling Fox far left and recommending OAN and Newsmax as a far Right alternative. You think it's about tech. That's a non sequitur in that your comment doesn't follow the OP's comments.

APL commented on your whining about liberals attacking the OP. That was "sequitur" since it did follow your comment. As such, your claim it was a non sequitur was erroneous.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks, but I know quite well what "non sequitur" means.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Thanks, but I know quite well what "non sequitur" means.
    It pleases me that I was able to help you. Feel free to ask for help whenever you need it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Tacomaman (11-24-2020)

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

OAN and Newsmax have been taking in a lot of fox news refugees since Fox News went all commie, so here is a little info on how to view these righty media sources.

Firestick tv is my preferred way. It is a little thumb drive thingy that plugs into an hdmi port of your TV, and it comes with a little remote. Firestick costs less than 50 bucks at Best Buy, eBay, or amazon, and there are no service or subscription charges to run the firestick itself. OAN charges 5 bucks a month, Newsmax is free. There is a new 4k version of firestick available now, well worth it and still less than 50 bucks.

Klowd tv is another way. Klowd ( klowdtv.com ) can be used on a home computer via url, or it can be used via their app on your smart device. It can also be accessed from firestick. Klowd has a $10 package and a $5 package. The $5 package has 8 channels including OAN and Newsmax, and the $10 package has about 80 channels. I just pay the 5 dollars for the basic package, since I can access it from my firestick and don't need to pay the $5 fee to access OAN from firestick. The Klowd app allows me to watch OAN and Newsmax from my phone or tablet wherever I am, and I can use the same sign in credentials on my firestick to watch it on my big screens at home.
    I just read the first three lib responses to your OP and, predictably, hate and derision. Libs hate free speech and honest reporting.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Bubba (11-24-2020), Evmetro (11-24-2020)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I often watch Fox and Friends in the morning, but I watched Blaze this morning. It will probably take some time to pick out my favorite morning program. I watched OAN for a couple months straight with zero Fox News, but I should probably try the Blaze and newsmax for some longer durations...

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I often watch Fox and Friends in the morning, but I watched Blaze this morning. It will probably take some time to pick out my favorite morning program. I watched OAN for a couple months straight with zero Fox News, but I should probably try the Blaze and newsmax for some longer durations...
    I watch Directv's Newsmix; a four-screen display of CNN, Fox, MSNBC and BBC. Sometimes it varies during a specific event like the election. It's especially illuminating to see what their lead stories are at the top if the hour. It reveals their demographic focus.**

Many people have complained about "the media hiding reports" but that's a false perception. What's really happening is what every business owner knows: give the customers what they want because if they don't, the customers will go elsewhere.

You're an example of this. You want far Right/Alt-Right "news". Fox isn't doing it for you so you like OANN and Newsmax (probably soon-to-be Trump TV in 2021). Fox will follow the money. If they lose too much money to OANN or Newsmax, they'll follow suit just like CNN switched from left-leaning to MSNBC-style far left stories. It's about the money, nothing else matters to multi-billion dollar corporations.

**FWIW, the same applies to the commercials shown in each time slot.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I just read the first three lib responses to your OP and, predictably, hate and derision. Libs hate free speech and honest reporting.
    Hey, just giving the "right" what they want.

Libs hate free speech and honest reporting.

This entire post is about Republicans looking for alternative news because fox didn't tell them what they wanted to hear. Fox was honest and now we must find new place to get information.

Lol, you want your beliefs reinforced not challenged even if that means it lacks facts.

More votes ever for a president elect. Landslide victory for Mr Biden. Rejection of impeached trump. The people spoke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

Jerome (11-25-2020)

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

You should start a thread about how they are doomed instead of whining about them on this thread that is about how to access these media sources.

Also, you are broadcasting to everybody who ever reads this thread that your perception of the political landscape is not really yours, it is owned by the single type of media that engineered it for you. Those who consume the narrow range of media that you do, plus OAN and Newsmax will always be better informed than you by default.
    This is provably untrue. Fox News viewers have consistently been shown to be less informed than people who watch NO NEWS AT ALL.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stud...all-2012-5?amp

If newsmax is a haven for fox refugees, it’ll be even worse. And we all know that if you prefer newsmax, you sure as shit can’t handle actual, factual news from legit sources that are beholden to the truth, because the truth isn’t “bIdEn stOlE tHe ELecTiOn aNd aNtiFa iS deStRoyIng AmErIca aNd BLM aRe communist AgiTaTors!” Anything but that bullshit propaganda will repulse you newsmax and OAN clones, which means your silo will be full of, bar none, a bunch of uninformed Parler trolls parroting Rudy Giuliani and Q-anon idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries