Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Majority of Voters Now Feel Hopeful About the State of the U.S.

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    17,176
    Thanks
    49,172
    Thanked 8,100 Times in 5,319 Posts
    Groans
    51
    Groaned 1,144 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Majority of Voters Now Feel Hopeful About the State of the U.S.

    Feelings of hope and pride are rising in the United States, according to a new Pew Research Center survey conducted of U.S. voters this past week. Supporters of President-elect Joe Biden are far more optimistic about the current state of affairs than those of President Donald Trump, and a majority overall want his legal challenges to stop.

    Views of each man's conduct in the weeks since November 3 is less partisan, with 34 percent of Trump voters rating the president's behavior as only "fair" or "poor." Exactly twice the percentage of U.S. voters rated Biden's post-election leadership as "excellent" or good: 62 to 31 percent.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ys/ar-BB1bexcQ
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white

    And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment


    ברוך השם

  2. The Following User Groans At guno For This Awful Post:

    Earl (11-22-2020)

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guno For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (11-22-2020), martin (11-22-2020)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    12,919
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 4,169 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 146 Times in 138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Modern Morons.
    That the people are shit now.....The world is shit now.....Need not get in the way of us getting better.....NOT YET.....The books have not been burned yet!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Earl (11-22-2020), Primavera (11-21-2020)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Feelings of hope and pride are rising in the United States, according to a new Pew Research Center survey conducted of U.S. voters this past week. Supporters of President-elect Joe Biden are far more optimistic about the current state of affairs than those of President Donald Trump, and a majority overall want his legal challenges to stop.

    Views of each man's conduct in the weeks since November 3 is less partisan, with 34 percent of Trump voters rating the president's behavior as only "fair" or "poor." Exactly twice the percentage of U.S. voters rated Biden's post-election leadership as "excellent" or good: 62 to 31 percent.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ys/ar-BB1bexcQ

    I'll be more hopeful when Trump is sent to prison for life.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    Bourbon (11-22-2020)

  8. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    12,919
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 4,169 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 146 Times in 138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I'll be more hopeful when Trump is sent to prison for life.
    Trump is irrelevant now....that wont help moron....that is all about satisfying your vengeance.
    That the people are shit now.....The world is shit now.....Need not get in the way of us getting better.....NOT YET.....The books have not been burned yet!

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trump is irrelevant now....that wont help moron....that is all about satisfying your vengeance.
    I don't want vengeance, I want justice.

  10. The Following 2 Users Groan At BidenPresident For This Awful Post:

    Earl (11-22-2020), Primavera (11-21-2020)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    Geeko Sportivo (11-22-2020)

  12. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    12,919
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 4,169 Times in 3,347 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 146 Times in 138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I don't want vengeance, I want justice.
    You dont understand what justice is.
    That the people are shit now.....The world is shit now.....Need not get in the way of us getting better.....NOT YET.....The books have not been burned yet!

  13. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You dont understand what justice is.
    Okay, explain it to me.

  14. The Following User Groans At BidenPresident For This Awful Post:

    Primavera (11-21-2020)

  15. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    People are typically very hopeful when a president first enters power. After they see what he does after a few years, that hope usually evaporates.

    Keep voting though. The elites want you to embrace the illusion of choice.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

    Earl (11-22-2020), Primavera (11-21-2020)

  17. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    People are typically very hopeful when a president first enters power. After they see what he does after a few years, that hope usually evaporates.

    Keep voting though. The elites want you to embrace the illusion of choice.
    You voted for Trump, right?

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    90,905
    Thanks
    44,119
    Thanked 28,194 Times in 21,511 Posts
    Groans
    36,190
    Groaned 4,079 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    People are typically very hopeful when a president first enters power. After they see what he does after a few years, that hope usually evaporates.

    Keep voting though. The elites want you to embrace the illusion of choice.
    I don't think many really believe that Biden will do anything, he's just a demonstration, yet again, of hope over expectation. They'd better pray that Biden survives as Horizontal Harris will surely guarantee GOP victory in 2024.
    .

    An estimated 61-80,000 Americans died and 800,000 were hospitalised in the 2017-18 flu season, including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You voted for Trump, right?
    I did. And now I realize that voting for anyone is an act of futility.

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I did. And now I realize that voting for anyone is an act of futility.
    ok

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanks
    1,394
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I don't think many really believe that Biden will do anything, he's just a demonstration, yet again, of hope over expectation. They'd better pray that Biden survives as Horizontal Harris will surely guarantee GOP victory in 2024.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. Harris has the right optics for a political environment that is becoming more and more inclusive of identity politics. The media will spin things as necessary.

    I don't think party matters so much at this point anyway. Some of what Trump capitalized on had potential, but it's clear that the establishment will do what is necessary to keep out anyone that is a threat to the status quo. Any Republican that embraces populism will either be an establishment pawn in policy or be kept out of power if they are a true populist in policy.

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,856
    Thanks
    3,583
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Groans
    154
    Groaned 65 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I don't want vengeance, I want justice.
    What is justice?

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 928 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 195 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    What is justice?
    Fairness. Recompense for transgression.

  24. The Following User Groans At BidenPresident For This Awful Post:

    Earl (11-22-2020)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-31-2020, 03:49 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2019, 07:39 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 08:05 AM
  4. Survey: Voters increasingly feel Dems represent their views
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 01:40 PM
  5. Lawmakers Feel the Wrath of Voters...
    By Damocles in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •