Thread: We must dismantle the systems that enabled the Trump crime family

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

We must dismantle the systems that enabled the Trump crime family
    by golly you're right.....we must stop allowing families immediately......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Obviously there are holes, but a lot of this is a dysfunctional Congress. This should never, ever have happened but it did because Congress did nothing to stop it.

Another problem is the implosion of the Republican Party so that the inmates were running the asylum and most Republicans were (and still are) too cowardly to stop them. Remember the days when a Senator or Representative would rather resign than compromise good American principles?

Donnie JR and his GF Kimberly are seeking to take over the RNC and grease the skips for a Trump candidacy in 2024. What will happen by then?
    Precisely!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-21-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Not this time, Black Women put Biden in the office, and trust me, Black Women have Long Memories and they will Get Even. So if the Democratic Party wants to keep power, they better do right with Women and more importantly, Black Women. The Number are on the Democrats side if the don’t Fuck it Up.

One this election as proven, NO AMOUNT of VOTER SUPPRESSION will help Republican if Democrats come out in numbers like they did this year.
    Love your spirit and optimism. Us old lefty white grandmas have long memories too.

If the (D)s want to keep their beloved power, they had best be listening to the people who voted for them. I don't have much confidence in that, though.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    We need to eliminate the Electoral College and make a law saying that all candidates must release their taxes. If they refuse to, then they can't run.
    I also think voting should be restricted to people with an IQ of at least 100, but I know that's much less likely to happen.
    I don't agree with the IQ thing. But I do believe that all U.S. citizens who register to vote must pass the same citizenship test we make immigrants take. Make it a requirement to graduate from h.s., and give the diploma along with a voter registration card.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Hey if you guys want to dismantle the federal government, I'm all for that.
    And this right here is why 1) we have an out-of-control pandemic on our hands, and 2) why we shouldn't let the poorly-educated vote.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (11-21-2020)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

We need to eliminate the Electoral College and make a law saying that all candidates must release their taxes. If they refuse to, then they can't run.
    I also think voting should be restricted to people with an IQ of at least 100, but I know that's much less likely to happen.
    Overturn citizens United by constitutional amendment if necessary.

All campaigns need to be publically funded, no dark money, no corporate money, no union money.

I do not think IQ test are necessarily a test of good judgement. Plenty of people with PhDs and high IQs thought invading Iraq was going to be an awesome idea

What needs to happen is a more robust emphasis on civics, social studies, and government classes in high school -- and make community college, university, or vocational school free or low cost for anyone who is qualified and has a desire to attend.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Overturn citizens United by constitutional amendment if necessary.

All campaigns need to be publically funded, no dark money, no corporate money, no union money.

I do not think IQ test are necessarily a test of good judgement. Plenty of people with PhDs and high IQs thought invading Iraq was going to be an awesome idea

What needs to happen is a more robust emphasis on civics, social studies, and government classes in high school -- and make community college, university, or vocational school free or low cost for anyone who is qualified and has a desire to attend.
    Most Americans, even the extra dumb ones, were against the Iraq War.
    I'm all for easier access to education, but we also need to accept that a lot of Conservatives are just stupid. We all know Trump lies constantly, Conservatives aren't ignorant of this, but they still supported him because they were low IQ enough to think that Trump is a strong leader and him lying constantly was actually a sign of strength.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

So very true. The penal code needs a whole new section.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

I would be all for it. That pretty much eliminates over 50% of the Dem voting base. FUCK YEAH! Bring it on!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Saudade (11-21-2020)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Most Americans, even the extra dumb ones, were against the Iraq War.
    I'm all for easier access to education, but we also need to accept that a lot of Conservatives are just stupid. We all know Trump lies constantly, Conservatives aren't ignorant of this, but they still supported him because they were low IQ enough to think that Trump is a strong leader and him lying constantly was actually a sign of strength.
    Yeah...thats it exactly. WOW! Ignorance on a scale like this is pretty rare and THAT is really saying something these days. You dont "get" Trump voters at all. Couldnt possibly be farther off the mark if you tried.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And this right here is why 1) we have an out-of-control pandemic on our hands, and 2) why we shouldn't let the poorly-educated vote.
    No, you have an out-of-control pandemic because a significant portion of the American public can't stop protesting and rioting.

Poorly educated would be a good way to describe the way that the American system propagandizes its children. A lot of the West has that problem in general, however.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

No, you have an out-of-control pandemic because a significant portion of the American public can't stop protesting and rioting.

Poorly educated would be a good way to describe the way that the American system propagandizes its children. A lot of the West has that problem in general, however.
    Trump is out. No need to keep using his propaganda.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Trump is out. No need to keep using his propaganda.
    You think this is about Trump because you can't see past American politics. It's about the dysfunctional brand of individualism that America has. People used to understand that freedoms had proportionate responsibilities. That is no longer understood.

The federal government used to be much smaller in scope, but that stopped being the case after FDR.

What America has now is a vast network of corruption, with an equally vast corporate media that manufactures consent and dissent toward whatever the elites want.

Other parts of the West have these problems as well, but on a lesser scale.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

dukkha (11-22-2020)

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

You think this is about Trump because you can't see past American politics. It's about the dysfunctional brand of individualism that America has. People used to understand that freedoms had proportionate responsibilities. That is no longer understood.

The federal government used to be much smaller in scope, but that stopped being the case after FDR.

What America has now is a vast network of corruption, with an equally vast corporate media that manufactures consent and dissent toward whatever the elites want.

Other parts of the West have these problems as well, but on a lesser scale.
    Yet you voted for the most corrupt president the US ever had.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Yet you voted for the most corrupt president the US ever had.
    The media would have you believe that, but only because Trump didn't have the same priorities as their elites. If Trump had engaged in the rhetoric that corporate elites wanted and had the same policies as either Bush or Obama on most things, then the media wouldn't have said much about corruption in his administration.

Biden clearly has a long history of corruption, but because he has the same priorities as the elites, they will cover for him. As long as he gives them what they want, corruption doesn't matter. If anything, it gives them leverage over him.