Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, CFM, Sailor, Grokmaster, Matt Dillon, Yakuda, jakemax and Bulletbob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Ivanka is being investigated. Better late than never.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I don't believe anything should be 'let go'. Trump lost the election? That apparently is news to him.
    His problem.
    He is, as we speak, engaging in reckless behavior that jeopardizes American lives.
    WTF are you talking about? He's driving around drunk? Randomly shooting a rifle in the streets of D.C.?
    The Russian collusion 'hoax' was nothing of the sort. Russia helped the Trump campaign. The Trump campaign welcomed the help.
    Seems too late now to show Russia the gratitude we owed them in helping to prevent hrc from becoming our ruler.
    The fact that Mueller couldn't prove a criminal conspiracy hardly makes that a hoax.
    Possibly but the fact that Mueller had an unlimited budget and time with the unsaid goal of getting him impeached or convicted of something and still couldn't get the job done tells me that it leaned more toward being a hoax. But that's been debated here ad nauseum.
    Not going there.
    Trump is complicit in the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.
    I'm assuming you mean the coronavirus. Apparently Alexander De Croo of Begium , Pedro Sánchez of Spain and to a far lesser degree Stefan Löfven (he's trying) of Sweden are much worse than Trump.
    He is a tax cheat.
    Where do you get that? He has a large CPA firm that does his taxes. They'd be liable. Why would they subject themselves to that?
    He has obstructed numerous Federal investigations. I'm not inclined to let a criminal off the hook AT THE EXACT MOMENT HE IS COMMITTING ANOTHER CRIME. Sorry. DOJ should follow through on every investigation into Trump and into his family. Nothing short of that is going to satisfy me, and I am not alone.
    I get that. I felt exactly the same about hrc. Over time I've let it go. I think the same will happen w/ Trump and company unless he refuses to disappear from politics like hrc has. He pisses off the left in a big way. Hell, he pisses me off in a big way.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 11-21-2020 at 11:42 AM.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No they are not. There is of course a fatal flaw in your logic. We can remove CBS news and go right to the NYT article.
    I've seen Breitbart show a vid of let's say, Occasional Cortex saying in all seriousness, on stage in a public forum, that the planet has 12 yrs left and some yahoo here says its fake news because Breitbart placed the vid in an article.
    So let's rephrase your question. Is the NYT citing an anonymous source equivalent to Gateway Pundit citing an anonymous source. Not even close. the NYT vets their sources.
    No. I used to get a daily email feed from NYT and unsubscribed because virtually all the political junk was completely and obviously biased. They've been caught numerous times with outright wrong reporting and fabrications yet refused to even make a correction , much less an apology. Even our shitty Anchorage Daily News does that when they're wrong.
    The Gateway Pundit obviously does not (see: Jacob Wohl).
    See Jason Blair. At least the NYT fired him back in the day. Now he'd be a star.
    Sorry, but there is no equivalent there at all.
    Just cited one.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Every time a member of the Trump Family Crime Syndicate gets caught, it is always the fault of persecution, harassment, the fake news media, invisible enemies of all kinds -- but never, ever because they did something wrong. They're the most innocent bunch of crooks the world has ever seen.
    Too funny. Righties going after Hunter Biden is legit, lefties going after Ivanka is harassment.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2020)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Every time a member of the Trump Family Crime Syndicate gets caught, it is always the fault of persecution, harassment, the fake news media, invisible enemies of all kinds -- but never, ever because they did something wrong. They're the most innocent bunch of crooks the world has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Too funny. Righties going after Hunter Biden is legit, lefties going after Ivanka is harassment.
    The Trumps remind me a lot of the Clintons, what hrc called "bad optics".
    Politics has become sickening to me. I miss the relative genteel days of yore. It's why I like Gerald Ford. I'd even settle for Jimmy Carter compared to what we've had continuously since 2001.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-22-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,551 Times in 52,760 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

How true! Amazing how that works, isn't it?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-21-2020), Doc Dutch (11-22-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Ivanka is an active participant in Trump's rule-bending and breaking life. They both had all their crap made in China and 3rd world countries for decades. That is how much they care about American workers. While being a white house employee, doing whatever it is she does, she obtained 34 trademarks from China. She was working for herself and perhaps her father and husband. Jared got a billion-dollar loan from an Arab nation to save his family business from disaster. Yeah, while he was doing that fabulous job of whatever he does.
    Not paying taxes is what the wealthy do. They do not care.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2020)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Ivanka is as big a fraud as her Daddy is. Sadly, the idiot "Ivanka Lusters"
    will overlook her "fleecing of America" just like they do tRump himself.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,647 Times in 51,928 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, you are not. Biden can talk unity. But I want blood. I want to see these criminals investigated and duly prosecuted and punished for what they have done to this country and to our people. I want them brought so low that no one will *ever* see one of them in a public office ever again.
    I do too but it's like Term Limits for Congress: Everybody wants it but they only want it for their political opponents, not their own people.

If We, the People want to unite and go after corruption and cronyism in Washington DC, then we need to go after all corruption and cronyism, not just what exists in one party.

I've pointed out the crimes of Hillary R. Clinton and several of the prominent LWers on this forum think she's as pure as the driven snow despite Director Comey's testimony to the contrary. She's gone and mostly denied access to the DNC for a reason, but her fans continue to support her actions. Ergo, they continue to support her corruptive actions.

Yes, all corrupt officials and people who corrupt officials should face justice, but that effort must be politically color-blind.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hypocrisy is one of the funniest parts of party politics. The ol' "Do as I say, not as I do" stratagem.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I do too but it's like Term Limits for Congress: Everybody wants it but they only want it for their political opponents, not their own people.

If We, the People want to unite and go after corruption and cronyism in Washington DC, then we need to go after all corruption and cronyism, not just what exists in one party.

I've pointed out the crimes of Hillary R. Clinton and several of the prominent LWers on this forum think she's as pure as the driven snow despite Director Comey's testimony to the contrary. She's gone and mostly denied access to the DNC for a reason, but her fans continue to support her actions. Ergo, they continue to support her corruptive actions.

Yes, all corrupt officials and people who corrupt officials should face justice, but that effort must be politically color-blind.
    There was a poll out years ago that was very telling.
    The poll showed that overall, Congress had an approval rating of less than 15%. However, in each Congressional District, the average approval rating for an incumbent was slightly over 60%.

Simply put, the general public wanted to keep "their guy", but want to boot everyone elses out of office.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-22-2020)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    There was a poll out years ago that was very telling.
    The poll showed that overall, Congress had an approval rating of less than 15%. However, in each Congressional District, the average approval rating for an incumbent was slightly over 60%.

Simply put, the general public wanted to keep "their guy", but want to boot everyone elses out of office.
    Exactly the problem.

FWIW, I've seen public Congressional approval sink to single digits; down there with used car salesmen and telemarketeers.

17. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm in favor of prosecuting them *all.* As for Hillary, the RWers had multiple shots at her and still couldn't hit the target. She's yesterday's dust. As you pointed out, she has no influence. Let's go after the ones who are still in office.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-22-2020), Tacomaman (11-22-2020)

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Ivanka is an active participant in Trump's rule-bending and breaking life. They both had all their crap made in China and 3rd world countries for decades. That is how much they care about American workers. While being a white house employee, doing whatever it is she does, she obtained 34 trademarks from China. She was working for herself and perhaps her father and husband. Jared got a billion-dollar loan from an Arab nation to save his family business from disaster. Yeah, while he was doing that fabulous job of whatever he does.
    Not paying taxes is what the wealthy do. They do not care.
    We don't pay taxes; only the little people pay taxes." -- Leona Helmsley

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm in favor of prosecuting them *all.* As for Hillary, the RWers had multiple shots at her and still couldn't hit the target. She's yesterday's dust. As you pointed out, she has no influence. Let's go after the ones who are still in office.
    The point being that if corruption is to be rooted out of Foggy Bottom, then it has to be a universal cleansing, not just a political assault on one side.

Trump is soon to be very out of office just like Hillary.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-22-2020)

22. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The point being that if corruption is to be rooted out of Foggy Bottom, then it has to be a universal cleansing, not just a political assault on one side.

Trump is soon to be very out of office just like Hillary.
    You don't think he should be investigated and prosecuted?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-22-2020)