Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    MY my such a potty mouth ,
    You called me "douchy", potty mouth.

I dont pick and choose what laws I obey I try to follow them all....
    So then when the government makes it illegal to own an AR-15, you'll just STFU and obey the law, right?

Good.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You called me "douchy", potty mouth.

So then when the government makes it illegal to own an AR-15, you'll just STFU and obey the law, right?

Good.
    Probably not .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Into the Night (11-24-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are one of the weapons of choice of mass shooters/killers.

They have no place in a safe, civilised, law-abiding society.
    The vast majority of owners of Ar15 rifles are indeed law abiding citizens and far more people are killed years by knives then a ar15 .
    You need to educate your self a bit and learn .

Again, analysis regarding the AR-15 — the so-called “weapon of choice” of mass shooters — produces less-than-impressive numbers. Between 2007 and 2018, 173 people were killed by mass shooters using an AR-15, according to a New York Times analysis — roughly, 15 per year.

Oct 08, 2019 · According to the FBI data, 1,515 were stabbed, cut, or maimed to death by a knife or other cutting instrument.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Into the Night (11-24-2020), Saudade (11-21-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,905 Times in 7,965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

The vast majority of owners of Ar15 rifles are indeed law abiding citizens and far more people are killed years by knives then a ar15 .
    You need to educate your self a bit and learn .

Again, analysis regarding the AR-15 — the so-called “weapon of choice” of mass shooters — produces less-than-impressive numbers. Between 2007 and 2018, 173 people were killed by mass shooters using an AR-15, according to a New York Times analysis — roughly, 15 per year.

Oct 08, 2019 · According to the FBI data, 1,515 were stabbed, cut, or maimed to death by a knife or other cutting instrument.
    Total numbers have nothing to do with it.

Mass shooters and psychopaths love assault style rifles and that's more than enough reason to ban them.

Just because a bunch of selfish, right-wing, macho idiot redneck gun-goobers, barrel-strokers and trigger-lickers don't like the idea of being told which guns they can and can't own with zero regard for putting public safety over and above their own selfish wants, doesn't mean jack shit.

When the govt says give them up, you'll give them up.

And that day is coming.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mass shooters and psychopaths love assault style rifles and that's more than enough reason to ban them.

Just because a bunch of selfish, right-wing, macho idiot redneck gun-goobers, barrel-strokers and trigger-lickers don't like the idea of being told which guns they can and can't own with zero regard for putting public safety over and above their own selfish wants, doesn't mean jack shit.

And that day is coming.
    sadly you are wrong again you don't even know the difference between a assault rifle and a rifle.

How does a rifle classify as a 'assault' rifle?

An assault rifle , as opposed to the extremely flimsy and stupid US political term " assault weapon" is defined as a selective-fire rifle that fires an intermediate cartridge. It differs from a battle rifle which fores a full sized cartridge, and from a submachine gun that fires a pistol cartridge

A ar 15 is not selective fire .
    youto have very limited knowledge of fire arms and how people die in America and I do not mean that as a insult to you just my opinion.
    just think you could save over 1500 more lives a year by banning knifes then ar 15s what about clubs I wonder , figures showed that 467 people were killed with “blunt objects why thats several times as many also.
    how many are killed with cars ,37,461 people were killed in 34,436 motor vehicle crashes, an average of 102 per day. well thats thousand of times more people killed.

banning ar 15s would have little to no affect on people being killed in mass killings , people who were going to commit such acts would just fine another way .
    you want to punish millions of gun owners why are law abiding citizens who have broken no laws .

And do you have any clue how many semi auto rifles there are in the states ? I don't know myself to honest but the numbers would run into at least 150 million . there are about 386 million guns total in the usa.

Guns are not the issue here but people are.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Into the Night (11-24-2020), Saudade (11-21-2020)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

I don't know who said it was written anywhere.

Apparently, the govt wants to either buy them back or have owners register them.

Don't know how that equates to saying they can't be owned.
    Then why are you dopers crying?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

First of all, I am not a progressive. I hold most of them in almost as much disdain as I do your ilk.

Second of all, he doesn't need my permission.

He needs authorization from the government whose job it is to determine such things based on several factors including public safety and the common good.

If the government feels that AR-15's are not necessary to protect one's home and/or that owners should register them with ATF, then that's just the way it is.

Douchebags like you don't get to pick and choose which laws you'll obey and which ones you won't.
    What if the government decides no guns are necessary to protect your home?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are one of the weapons of choice of mass shooters/killers.

They have no place in a safe, civilised, law-abiding society.
    Actually, most mass shooters use handguns.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Gun buybacks are gun confiscation?
    A better description is that gun buybacks are a way for people to make money off of stealing other people's guns and then selling them to the government.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    A better description is that gun buybacks are a way for people to make money off of stealing other people's guns and then selling them to the government.
    How is it stealing when people are selling?

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Good.
    Ah yes, might makes right...

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    How is it stealing when people are selling?
    A typical problem that occurs with gun buyback programs is that people will steal other people's guns and then sell them to the government for the stipend. Sometimes, this is even incentivized by a higher amount for turning in a weapon reported as stolen.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/poli...buyback-events

"Hundreds of guns were collected and exchanged for gift cards in Providence and Central Falls on Saturday.

The gun buyback events went on as scheduled after police said they would run ballistics tracing on every weapon turned in.

Providence Police collected 209 firearms while Central Falls Police counted 173 firearms.

A total of 382 guns includes eight stolen weapons and two assault weapons.

The firearms were in exchange for Visa gift cards ranging from $100 for each rifle or shotgun, $200 for each handgun, and $500 for each gun that's previously been reported stolen."

Also, since most gun buyback programs involve destroying the weapons, it means that, if someone's weapon was stolen to be turned in, he/she has a limited amount of time to retrieve the weapon, assuming he/she even goes to the police to see if they have the weapon.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A typical problem that occurs with gun buyback programs is that people will steal other people's guns and then sell them to the government for the stipend. Sometimes, this is even incentivized by a higher amount for turning in a weapon reported as stolen.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/poli...buyback-events

"Hundreds of guns were collected and exchanged for gift cards in Providence and Central Falls on Saturday.

The gun buyback events went on as scheduled after police said they would run ballistics tracing on every weapon turned in.

Providence Police collected 209 firearms while Central Falls Police counted 173 firearms.

A total of 382 guns includes eight stolen weapons and two assault weapons.

The firearms were in exchange for Visa gift cards ranging from $100 for each rifle or shotgun, $200 for each handgun, and $500 for each gun that's previously been reported stolen."

Also, since most gun buyback programs involve destroying the weapons, it means that, if someone's weapon was stolen to be turned in, he/she has a limited amount of time to retrieve the weapon, assuming he/she even goes to the police to see if they have the weapon.
    I partially read that article. Still doesn't answer my question.

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And that day is coming.
    Most mass shootings are done with handguns, so you could just as easily mischaracterize the ownership of those as "selfish" or "right-wing." You could even say any gun ownership is that way. But this is the problem with your argument -- it's purely emotional.

Logically, we can look at the number of people who own guns and compare that with how many of them actually commit violent crimes. It's a low percentage.

Instead, you just choose to demonize AR-15s, because the media has successfully convinced you that they are too dangerous to own.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post:

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most mass shootings are done with handguns, so you could just as easily mischaracterize the ownership of those as "selfish" or "right-wing." You could even say any gun ownership is that way. But this is the problem with your argument -- it's purely emotional.

Logically, we can look at the number of people who own guns and compare that with how many of them actually commit violent crimes. It's a low percentage.

Instead, you just choose to demonize AR-15s, because the media has successfully convinced you that they are too dangerous to own.
    Join us, Woko.