Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Biden admits truth Finally amazing

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Oh really? We came out on top of the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and occupations? How about mass NSA surveillance? The drone strikes? Where was our military on 9/11? How are all those things working out for us?

From where I sit, our military hasn't defended any of our freedoms...instead, they've taken away lives, resources, and revenue.

What did you defend? Nothing. Iraq and Afghanistan were not threats to our way of life. They were barely threats in the Middle East and we've thrown how many trillions of dollars down those drains?

You might have fought not for the country, but for your brothers in arms...but really, what was the point? If the point was to merely support your brother in a fox hole, then you're avoiding conversation about why you both were in the foxhole to begin with.

Veterans are not a special class of people. Time to stop venerating them as if they are. Trillions of dollars lost, millions of lives lost, and none of it stopped a wannabe dictator from trashing our democracy.
    so you want to blame the military for the failures of politicians????? haven't you been advocating that the military is always subject to command of civilians in office?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

2. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You didn't provide any services back to the country. The country had to provide for you.
    how have you survived being this ignorant? every combat oriented pilot in cherry point is alive to train because I controlled the air traffic at that air station. every combat oriented troop that flew on cargo and transport aircraft is alive because I controlled the air traffic around that air station........

you should really just stop. you're making yourself look like a bigger dumbfuck than domer
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so you want to blame the military for the failures of politicians????? haven't you been advocating that the military is always subject to command of civilians in office?
    The military should absolutely be under civilian command. Otherwise, we have a military dictatorship.

My point is that the military, at least over my lifetime, hasn't protected any of my freedoms and have actively worked to take those freedoms away for the sake of "national security".

The military didn't protect us on 9/11. It didn't protect us on the OKC bombing. It didn't protect us during the anthrax attacks. It didn't protect us from the DC Sniper attacks. It didn't protect us from the cyberattacks. It didn't protect us from Russian meddling in our election. It didn't protect us from Katrina, Sandy, or any of the major natural disasters. It didn't protect us from COVID.

So every single threat to this country, in this century at least, the military failed to protect the citizenry.

So why should I celebrate that? Why should anyone? If anyone failed at their job like that, they'd be fired...with good reason.

So if what you were fighting for were your brothers and sisters in arms, then you weren't fighting to protect the country...and if you were fighting to protect the country, you failed.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

how have you survived being this ignorant? every combat oriented pilot in cherry point is alive to train because I controlled the air traffic at that air station. every combat oriented troop that flew on cargo and transport aircraft is alive because I controlled the air traffic around that air station
    This was when? During the 80's?

Yeah, there was no threat to our freedoms in the 1980's.

The USSR was already in decline thanks to three things, none of which we really had a hand in: Perestroika, Chernobyl, and the Famine.

So what freedoms did you defend by shuttling traffic on a runway?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

how have you survived being this ignorant? every combat oriented pilot in cherry point is alive to train because I controlled the air traffic at that air station. every combat oriented troop that flew on cargo and transport aircraft is alive because I controlled the air traffic around that air station........

you should really just stop. you're making yourself look like a bigger dumbfuck than domer
    So you had what amounted to an office job, sitting on your ass, and were never at the slightest risk of serving in combat, getting shot at, or serving in the trenches. A peacetime assignment, courtesy of the taxpayers, which was probably less risky than the job of an ER nurse.

Yeah, my brother had an office job with the Air Force,, sitting on his ass at a desk, but he never claimed to be a warrior who every one else should thank for his service

6. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

well, some of you are truly fucking ignorant as well as massively envious that you were too cowardly to serve as well.............that pretty much places you in the useless category.......

7. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    No it isn't their second amendment right. That amendment says you can keep and bear arms, it says nothing about an AR15. There are plenty of guns that you CAN'T have. You say you will defend them to the death then why aren't you doing that now? I'm looking for a 50 cal sub machine gun do you know where I'll find a gun shop to sell me one? That's "arms" isn't it, how come you aren't fighting that? Or grenades, those are arms aren't they, are you fighting over not being allowed to have a few of them? I really want a howitzer in my front yard. I doubt many of you have as many guns as I do but if I had to give up a few so be it.
    You should be allowed all that, all Americans should. However you're a commie turd and don't realize that.

Okay, I'll bite: What caliber of guns does your commie turd shit-talking fucktard ass own?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Into the Night (11-25-2020)

9. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,642 Times in 27,299 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

well, some of you are truly fucking ignorant as well as massively envious that you were too cowardly to serve as well.............that pretty much places you in the useless category.......
    But I am pretty sure you have run your mouth about being a warrior, about your heroic military service and demanded you be thanked for it.

You had what amounted to a taxpayer funded, risk free office job. ER nurses and paramedics face more risk than you did at your air force desk jockey job

10. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,099 Times in 11,672 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Here we go again with the "inherent rights" defection, and you are correct, Constitutions do define a Gov't, which is why the Founding Fathers attached the Bill of Rights to the Constitution, and as I said, no where in those rights does it say the Gov't can not regulate guns, or anything for that matter
    The government cannot do ANYTHING unless it is authorized by it's constitution.

Nowhere in the Constitution is authorization given to regulate guns.
    The 2nd amendment specifically PROHIBITS the federal and State government from regulating guns. States are bound by the 2nd amendment. They agreed to it when they joined the Union.
    The 10th amendment specifically PROHIBITS the federal government from interfering with State's rights. The federal government is ONLY authorized with certain powers as listed specifically in the Constitution itself. It has NO OTHER powers or authorizations. Those powers and authorizations are listed in Article 1 of that same constitution.

The government has NO authority to regulate guns. It is violating it's own Constitution to try to do so.

Inherent rights are not a deflection (I assume that's what you mean). They are a core right. No government can take that away.

References:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    This amendment discusses two related rights; the right of a State to defend itself. It does this by forming a militia, made up of the people of that State, organized into a fighting force; and the right of the people to defend themselves, through the use of the weapon of their choice (arms). Neither right shall be infringed. No way. No how. Not one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    This amendment, also binding up on the States, prohibits the use or formation of gun registries. Whether I own a gun or not is my private affair. The government has NO say in it. The government cannot form such a registry, which can be used to seize a gun without due process). A gun is an 'effect'. I am a 'person'. My gun is in my 'house' or on my 'person'. A warrant MUST come from a judge, and only after probable cause of a crime. That's what 'probable cause' means. Owning and using the gun itself is not a crime, and can never be made a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    This amendment means that the federal government MUST limit itself to the powers and authorities given by the States, the owners of the Constitution of the United States. The States are each sovereign, with their own constitutions, which define and declare that State government and give it its powers and authorities. Those State constitutions are owned by the people of that State. They are the ones that created it, they are the only ones that can change it, just as the States are the only ones that can change the federal constitution.

The States agreed to the Constitution of the United States (as amended) when they joined the Union. Some parts are binding upon the States as a result, others are not. The 1st amendment, for example, applies ONLY to the federal government. It does not apply to the States. The Articles also apply only to the federal government, not the States, except where procedures are set up for States to elect Presidents and for changing the Constitution (through amendment or constitutional convention). The States, of course, could choose to destroy the Constitution, dissolving the federal government completely by doing so. This is not likely in anywhere the near future.

Nowhere in the Constitution is listed what type of weapon is an 'arm'. All weapons are allowed. Nowhere is a weapon described by type, brand name, style, or action. All types, brand names, styles, or actions are allowed. It doesn't matter if you want to own a nuclear bomb. You have that right. It's not a practical weapon for most any situation though, but you DO HAVE THAT RIGHT. As always, you are responsible for the storage and use of that weapon.

People DO own functioning tanks. They even have gatherings and clubs for them. Machine guns, large artillery, such as cannons or even trebuchets are legal. Land mines are legal. Bombs are legal. Mortars are legal. There are owners, and even clubs that exist for those weapons. I happen to belong to some of them. I happen to own about 40 mortars, for example, and I shoot them fairly regularly. I also make the explosives used in them myself. That's also legal.

Yes, I am responsible for the safe storage of those explosives, mortars, and other devices, including my guns. I am responsible for the use of them and any damage they might cause. Nothing absolves me of that. No insurance, no government law, no claim of ignorance, nothing.

If my magazine of explosives blows up, it destroys my shed. No big deal. No one else is affected. I just need to build a new shed and install a new magazine in it. The explosives are locked, using locks and hinges protected by thick steel so they can't be sawed off. They are in a locked shed. I do not allow anyone near that shed without specific authorization by me. The shed is clearly marked on what is in it. Only specific people can enter that shed and everything is logged. That log is evidence in court.

Why explosives? For entertainment purposes, of course!
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

11. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong again, been over this umpteen times, no one has ever anywhere going back to the Founding Fathers said the rights listed in the Constitution are absolute, no one, even Scalia emphasized such in his opinion in the Heller case, and
    since he is the authority on "orginialism," which is bullshit by the way, no one should know better what the Founding Fathers were thinking
    Constitutions do not give rights. They are not the source of any right. Constitutions define and describe a government entity and give it specific powers and authorities. That government has NO OTHER powers or authorities. The founding fathers are dead. You cannot use them to denigrate of cancel the Constitution, or claim 'originalism'. The Constitution stands on its own. It is clearly written. It doesn't matter what the founding fathers were thinking. They are dead.

The supreme court does not have authority to change or interpret the Constitution of the United States nor of any State constitution. See Article III.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

12. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh really? We came out on top of the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and occupations? How about mass NSA surveillance? The drone strikes? Where was our military on 9/11? How are all those things working out for us?

From where I sit, our military hasn't defended any of our freedoms...instead, they've taken away lives, resources, and revenue.

What did you defend? Nothing. Iraq and Afghanistan were not threats to our way of life. They were barely threats in the Middle East and we've thrown how many trillions of dollars down those drains?

You might have fought not for the country, but for your brothers in arms...but really, what was the point? If the point was to merely support your brother in a fox hole, then you're avoiding conversation about why you both were in the foxhole to begin with.

Veterans are not a special class of people. Time to stop venerating them as if they are. Trillions of dollars lost, millions of lives lost, and none of it stopped a wannabe dictator from trashing our democracy.
    Veterans are a special class of people. They chose to risk life and limb to preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States and the people the United States. Be proud of your service, veterans! Thank you!
    The United States is not a democracy and never was. It is a federated republic. There are currently no democracies anywhere in the world. They are an unstable form of government, usually converting to an oligarchy or dictatorship in a short space of time. This is what happened to Athens. It became an oligarchy.

Trump is not a dictator. He is only the President. He has done nothing outside his authorized powers as President or as a candidate.
    The Democrats, including Biden, want to destroy the Constitution of the United States, the State constitutions, and implement fascism by oligarchy. Nothing less.

It is the Democrats that want to tell you what kind of car you can drive, what kind of light bulb you can buy, what kind of toilet you can install, what kind of use you can put your land to, what kind of crop you can plant, how much you must pay employees, how much you can charge for your product or service, who you have to hire based on racism, what your religion is, who you get your news from, whether you have to wear a mask or not, whether you can open your business or not, bring about riots, looting, arson, and vandalism in the streets, cheat on elections on a massive scale, run Democrat run cities into hellholes, created the KKK, divide people into little groups by race, creed, or economic status, tell you what kind of home you can build or live in, tell you how much money you're allowed to make, and on...and on...and on...

All rules for thee but not for me.

Fuck you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

gfm7175 (11-25-2020)

14. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You didn't provide any services back to the country. The country had to provide for you. Trillions in military spending couldn't stop 9/11. Trillions in military spending didn't protect us from cyberattacks. Trillions in spending didn't protect us from Climate Change or even this pandemic.

The threats to this country aren't big armies with tanks and planes...it's not even foreign terrorism. The threats are domestic terrorists, cyberattacks, Climate Change, and pandemics like the one we are experiencing right now. Our military was not agile enough to defend us from those threats.

So what did you really do? Coasted by on taxpayer-provided support. And you didn't make us any more safe.
    Military service is NOT welfare, you stupid twit. You're an ingrate.

15. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The military should absolutely be under civilian command. Otherwise, we have a military dictatorship.

My point is that the military, at least over my lifetime, hasn't protected any of my freedoms and have actively worked to take those freedoms away for the sake of "national security".

The military didn't protect us on 9/11. It didn't protect us on the OKC bombing. It didn't protect us during the anthrax attacks. It didn't protect us from the DC Sniper attacks. It didn't protect us from the cyberattacks. It didn't protect us from Russian meddling in our election. It didn't protect us from Katrina, Sandy, or any of the major natural disasters. It didn't protect us from COVID.

So every single threat to this country, in this century at least, the military failed to protect the citizenry.

So why should I celebrate that? Why should anyone? If anyone failed at their job like that, they'd be fired...with good reason.

So if what you were fighting for were your brothers and sisters in arms, then you weren't fighting to protect the country...and if you were fighting to protect the country, you failed.
    Ingrate.

16. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    So you had what amounted to an office job, sitting on your ass, and were never at the slightest risk of serving in combat, getting shot at, or serving in the trenches. A peacetime assignment, courtesy of the taxpayers, which was probably less risky than the job of an ER nurse.

Yeah, my brother had an office job with the Air Force,, sitting on his ass at a desk, but he never claimed to be a warrior who every one else should thank for his service
    now this is funny........and I get your envy......you and LV were too cowardly to serve....so your only option is to attempt to denigrate someone who signed a contract that could put their life on the line instead of hiding behind some stupid excuse like you've provided...........choosing instead to minimize whatever sacrifice any other enlisted man may have put out there and just because they didn't see combat, you see them as insignificant in your eyes. how shallow and self loathing you worms are because you were cowards.................pathetic

17. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong again, been over this umpteen times, no one has ever anywhere going back to the Founding Fathers said the rights listed in the Constitution are absolute, no one, even Scalia emphasized such in his opinion in the Heller case, and
    since he is the authority on "orginialism," which is bullshit by the way, no one should know better what the Founding Fathers were thinking
    this is how you fail as an american........you rely on others to tell you what your document of freedom means instead of reading and understanding it for yourself