Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden admits truth Finally amazing

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wish I know what you two are talking about.

There was a ROTC graduate who was deaf. He has been trying to join the military for a while to no avail. While I understand the reasoning, they should have let him in but not let him in combats. Maybe intelligence or something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-23-2020)

3. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,479 Times in 52,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    uncle chesty plans it that way
    No doubt!
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I wish I know what you two are talking about.

There was a ROTC graduate who was deaf. He has been trying to join the military for a while to no avail. While I understand the reasoning, they should have let him in but not let him in combats. Maybe intelligence or something.
    STY did his duty at a Marine Corps Air Station in North Carolina, I was in California and Okinawa (twice).

Not the military, but there are a lot of jobs serving our nation in the Alphabets such as CIA, DHS, FBI, FAA. Not all jobs require hearing but the military is so small these days all members need to able to serve in combat.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-23-2020)

6. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    STY did his duty at a Marine Corps Air Station in North Carolina, I was in California and Okinawa (twice).

Not the military, but there are a lot of jobs serving our nation in the Alphabets such as CIA, DHS, FBI, FAA. Not all jobs require hearing but the military is so small these days all members need to able to serve in combat.
    They did let Desmond Doss in a combat.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-23-2020)

8. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    They did let Desmond Doss in a combat.
    Yes they did. Being in combat doesn't necessarily involve killing but, as Doss proved, soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines need to be fit to serve.

Due to the downsizing of the military, a lot of support jobs have been contracted out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-23-2020)

10. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

i'm curious...........i've asked this question of many democrats/liberals/progressives/antigunners and never gotten any other answer than them calling me a cowardly submissive moron....so maybe you'll be more honest.........

what makes you think we won't have had enough and finally start killing every cop that comes for our guns?
    Because nobody wants to die and if you shoot a cop, a whole shit load of them are going to come down on you like a hammer and shoot back at you until all that's left of you is a tattered, lifeless, unrecognizable corpse, leaking blood, bodily fluids and viscera out of dozens of holes where bullets from their guns punctured your flesh.

That's usually an overarching concern of most people.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (11-24-2020)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-23-2020), Joe Capitalist (11-24-2020)

13. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

14. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    It's a better option than your unconstitutional restrictions are.
    There IS a happy medium, you know. It isn't always one extreme or the other. You understand that, right?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

15. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Because nobody wants to die and if you shoot a cop, a whole shit load of them are going to come down on you like a hammer and shoot back at you until all that's left of you is a tattered, lifeless, unrecognizable corpse, leaking blood, bodily fluids and viscera out of dozens of holes where bullets from their guns punctured your flesh.

That's usually an overarching concern of most people.
    so you're saying that there's no way a whole shitload of pissed off marine veterans could stand against an angry government force of jackbooted thugs????
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

16. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    You're right. He should be able to own anything he wants.
    Let him have a rocket launcher, a dozen grenades and a little dirty bomb (but just a little one. We don't want to go overboard).
    I prefer smaller and more directed weapons.........an RPG, definitely grenades, but no dirty bombs......claymores would be very nice
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 6,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

I prefer smaller and more directed weapons.........an RPG, definitely grenades, but no dirty bombs......claymores would be very nice
    No dirty bombs? You fucking far-left liberal. Why do you want to infringe on my 2nd Amendment rights?
    You liberals are all alike.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

18. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

so you're saying that there's no way a whole shitload of pissed off marine veterans could stand against an angry government force of jackbooted thugs????
    Sort of, but not exactly.

First of all, not every gun fanatic is a military vet.

Second of all, most vets are not "pissed off" at the gub-mint, or at least not enough to go off the deep end and start shooting cops. I know a couple of ex-marines. One of them was a combat officer in Vietnam. Used to teach high school phys ed and helped coach the football team. Nicest, most peaceful and serene guy I ever met. Never talked about his military past unless i was somehow germaine to the conversation and even then, only briefly.

The other one was one of my best friends in HS. He did one hitch as a jarhead, stationed in Gitmo in the 80's (pre-9/11) walking guard duty along the perimeter fence. He's into formula racing and builds model cars as a hobby. Used to work on foreign cars like MG, Triumph, Austin Healey etc. for a living. Probably still has a gun because he worked for several years right after finishing his hitch, as an armed security guard at the Kennedy Space Center until his company lost the contract. But he isn't obsessed with them or with shooting people and would likely go as far out of his way as possible to avoid shooting anyone.

That kind of crap is for mentally unbalanced nutjobs, most of who like to fancy themselves as hardened, tough guys and killers etc, but in reality, they're mostly just a lot of talk.

Lastly, I don't see the police or govt agents as "jackbooted thugs", so that part of your case is null and void afaic.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (11-24-2020)

20. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    No dirty bombs? You fucking far-left liberal. Why do you want to infringe on my 2nd Amendment rights?
    You liberals are all alike.
    dirty bombs incur too much collateral damage............I prefer specific targeting......

21. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Sort of, but not exactly.

First of all, not every gun fanatic is a military vet.

Second of all, most vets are not "pissed off" at the gub-mint, or at least not enough to go off the deep end and start shooting cops. I know a couple of ex-marines. One of them was a combat officer in Vietnam. Used to teach high school phys ed and helped coach the football team. Nicest, most peaceful and serene guy I ever met. Never talked about his military past unless i was somehow germaine to the conversation and even then, only briefly.

The other one was one of my best friends in HS. He did one hitch as a jarhead, stationed in Gitmo in the 80's (pre-9/11) walking guard duty along the perimeter fence. He's into formula racing and builds model cars as a hobby. Used to work on foreign cars like MG, Triumph, Austin Healey etc. for a living. Probably still has a gun because he worked for several years right after finishing his hitch, as an armed security guard at the Kennedy Space Center until his company lost the contract. But he isn't obsessed with them or with shooting people and would likely go as far out of his way as possible to avoid shooting anyone.

That kind of crap is for mentally unbalanced nutjobs, most of who like to fancy themselves as hardened, tough guys and killers etc, but in reality, they're mostly just a lot of talk.

Lastly, I don't see the police or govt agents as "jackbooted thugs", so that part of your case is null and void afaic.
    you're certainly entitled to your opinion.........i'll even give you that some of it might be correct, at least in regards to your experience of your two friends........but the rest.............well, it's just not correct......

22. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dirty bombs incur too much collateral damage............I prefer specific targeting......
    I think you've watched too many Rambo movies.
    C'MON MAN!!!!