Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden admits truth Finally amazing

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The same reason requiring a photo ID for voting but not providing a free one is a back door poll tax. Is that taking away people's rights? If so, then you should understand. If not, then I continue to disagree but at least you'd be consistent.
    Well sorry but that inst really a valid argument , you see you need a Id to open a bank account cash a check by cigarettes or booze even if stopped by the police you should have one or expect issues. and they are fairly inexpensive under 20.00 in most states and are good for several years.

now if your talking about a insurance policy that will cost 20.00 for 4 years and cover all my guns that would be fine but we all know thats not how it would work is it .
    It would be far more money then that and probably come with all kinds of restrictions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Into the Night (11-24-2020)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

The same reason requiring a photo ID for voting but not providing a free one is a back door poll tax. Is that taking away people's rights? If so, then you should understand. If not, then I continue to disagree but at least you'd be consistent.
    There is no analogy there between the two, one is addressing a defined right, the other, debatable, plus, one is specified in law, again the other, not so, no existing law that says you can not regulate firearms

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Just like automobiles, the more guns you possess the more insurance you need, and, similar to auto liability insurance, you have to obtain the insurance annually. Why shouldn’t those that have no need for guns have some protection from those that misuse guns

And it is always interesting how the many forget that Stephen Paddock and others like him were all “good guys” with a gun prior to the second they pulled the trigger making them the “real criminals” gun owners are supposedly protecting themselves from
    Back door poll tax.

Chris Rock had a bit where he said the gang gun violence problem could be solved by charging $5000 for each bullet. A gang-banger would say to another gang-banger "I'd put a cap in you ass if I could AFFORD it!"

By your logic, we could solve cyberbullying by charging everyone $1/minute on the Internet. Free Speech be damned, eh?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Just like automobiles, the more guns you possess the more insurance you need, and, similar to auto liability insurance, you have to obtain the insurance annually. Why shouldn’t those that have no need for guns have some protection from those that misuse guns

And it is always interesting how the many forget that Stephen Paddock and others like him were all “good guys” with a gun prior to the second they pulled the trigger making them the “real criminals” gun owners are supposedly protecting themselves from
    and misuse is the a key word isn't it. do you think gang banger in Chicago are going to pay for insurance ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    and misuse is the a key word isn't it. do you think gang banger in Chicago are going to pay for insurance ?
    No, although it may make stolen weapons more difficult to obtain, and I don’t think the overwhelming majority of Americans are worried as much about a “gangbanger in Chicago” as they are the guy next door arguing with his significant other and losing it with his guns at the local shopping center

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

blackascoal (11-21-2020)

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Why does he need the permission of douchy progressives, such as you?
    Because there is no intelligence in your bs article .. which is why you made no attempt to defend that ignorance. It’s a weapon of mass murder and NO ONE should have ‘right’ to a weapon of mass murder. It’s just that simple.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Well sorry but that inst really a valid argument , you see you need a Id to open a bank account cash a check by cigarettes or booze even if stopped by the police you should have one or expect issues. and they are fairly inexpensive under 20.00 in most states and are good for several years.

now if your talking about a insurance policy that will cost 20.00 for 4 years and cover all my guns that would be fine but we all know thats not how it would work is it .
    It would be far more money then that and probably come with all kinds of restrictions.
    Of course you disagree. You want to eat your cake and keep it too. You want no regulations on an enumerated right but have no problem restricting others from their inalienable rights because you don't like their income or politics.

11. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is no analogy there between the two, one is addressing a defined right, the other, debatable, plus, one is specified in law, again the other, not so, no existing law that says you can not regulate firearms
    You are 100% wrong since I just made one.

Like I told Bob, there are rights regardless if they are enumerated or inalienable. You, too, are agreeing that authoritarian domination of the nation is a good thing, as long as it's only your team's say so. What you don't understand is that I'm totally against giving that much power to the Federal government. State government? A little more different. A town or local government, a lot looser restrictions since the contact between the citizenry is so much closer.

The only real rule is to not take away the rights of another citizen. Shooting them in the head, stabbing them, poisoning them or running them down with a car are crimes because they deprive another citizen of their right to live.

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are 100% wrong since I just made one.

Like I told Bob, there are rights regardless if they are enumerated or inalienable. You, too, are agreeing that authoritarian domination of the nation is a good thing, as long as it's only your team's say so. What you don't understand is that I'm totally against giving that much power to the Federal government. State government? A little more different. A town or local government, a lot looser restrictions since the contact between the citizenry is so much closer.

The only real rule is to not take away the rights of another citizen. Shooting them in the head, stabbing them, poisoning them or running them down with a car are crimes because they deprive another citizen of their right to live.
    You did make the analogy but I wouldn’t agree it is relevant for the reasons I stated above

And what you are missing regarding “rights” is that none are absolute, in any form, and accordingly, all rights are based upon reason, not desire

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Your avatar is really irritating. Can you possibly make your cat sit still?
    Better?

14. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You did make the analogy but I wouldn’t agree it is relevant for the reasons I stated above

And what you are missing regarding “rights” is that none are absolute, in any form, and accordingly, all rights are based upon reason, not desire
    Agree to disagree.

A mistake in line with giving up rights out of convenience or fear. Did you support the Patiot Act? I didn't. Would you have supported FDR's internment of Japanese-Americans at Manzanar? I wouldn't have, but plenty of people like you and Bob did.

Getting rights back after giving them away is very, very difficult and usually involves blood, violence and death. Better, IMO, to not give up those rights in the first place.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (11-21-2020)

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Better?
    Hopefully the kitty is not declawed....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-21-2020)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Where is it written you can't use a Thompson sub machine gun?

The supreme court has already ruled that there are certain firearms that can be deemed illegal. You cannot own them. That does not mean you do not still have the right to keep and bear arms, just not that particular one. If a state or the Federal govt were to rule that the AR-15 (or guns like it) were declared illegal it would not mean citizens do not still have the right to keep and bear arms.

50 cal machine guns, mortars, grenades, Abrams tanks, ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads are arms too and you can't "keep and bear" one of them either.
    Actually you can own most of those with the right level FFL. I don't know of a level of FFL that lets you own warheads, but most of those other things can be acquired with the right fees and certifications.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And the government, which is the people, have already determined that you can not own certain types of arms and if they decide the assault weapon or AR15 is to be one of them then the ones you own will be illegal. It is that simple and there will be nothing "unconstitutional" about it.
    Technically, with the right Court make up, anything can be deemed constitutional. Slavery was considered constitutional originally, but I guess that shows you the worth of government in general.

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stupid argument,knives are essential and everyone uses one every day, you can't make them illegal, you can outlaw assault weapons.
    Sadiq Khan disagrees with you. Knives could potentially be ruled as not essential with the sufficient leftists running things, as shown by London.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Saudade For This Post: