Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

I have been experiencing people who know I reload asking me about ammo, I do indeed have it and its for my use .

Sorry but with a pandemic , Liberals rioting and the possibility of Blow hole Joe getting elected if you were not smart enough to stock up on ammo or reloading supply to bad so sad, only one buddy gets access to my stash and even then its limited, now he wants to learn to reload .

2. #32 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    I have been experiencing people who know I reload asking me about ammo, I do indeed have it and its for my use .

Sorry but with a pandemic , Liberals rioting and the possibility of Blow hole Joe getting elected if you were not smart enough to stock up on ammo or reloading supply to bad so sad, only one buddy gets access to my stash and even then its limited, now he wants to learn to reload .
    Teach him, then he can reload for you too!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, that image is actually what I choose to carry from. The pacifier is so leftist scum can shove it up their ass.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    No, that image is actually what I choose to carry from. The pacifier is so leftist scum can shove it up their ass.
    After you've done it first?

My usual carry is a S&W M&P .45 Shield, but I have a guns in each car and around the house. No lipstick, pacifiers or hair spray.

I've seen your avatar before. Some gay guy on another forum. I thought he was a woman the first six months or so I was there.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes I was 9n that forum and it was a guy very very liberal poster by the way.
    I left that forum by the way because of the support a anti American pro commie was getting from the mods.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am going to teach him but i prefer to load for myself .
    I dont shoot all that much anymore due to health issue , but I do keep a large supply of loaded ammo on hand around 10000 rounds excluding around 2000 rounds of factory 9 mm and 22 sub sonic for my suppressors.
    I also keep a good stock of brass bullets powders and primers on hand so I can load thousands more if needed

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only thing I reload is black powder. I have a few pistols. My favorite is a Walker Colt replica. For hunting a .50 Hawkins and a .50 CVA Wolf stainless (and scope because my eyes aren't so good anymore). Haven't even fired the Wolf yet since it's a fairly recent purchase.

My little collection of Colt replicas:

I wrote this to my nephew who was having some problems at the time. I edited out the first paragraph:

Not sure if you like history, but I’m a big fan of military history and recently listened to an excellent audiobook by S.C. Gwynne titled “Empire of the Summer Moon” about the Comanches who commanded half of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and parts of Colorado for a few hundred years. (see map.) It was a very indepth book which also paralled Texas history since both Comanche history and Texas history are strongly linked.

One part of it followed the formation of the Texas Rangers. Long story short, the Comanches were the world’s finest light horse calvary. They did everything on horseback. Comanche kids learned to ride at age six and had their own horse by 12. Other Indian tribes only had a few horses and most women walked. Not so with Comanches where everyone rode. It wasn’t unusual for a Comanche man and wife to own 300 horses. The entire tribe could have thousands. Raiding was their way of life. To fight these raids, which often took place at night under a “Comanche Moon” (a summer full moon), the Texas Rangers were formed. The Rangers were a mangy bunch, losely structured of mostly young men in their twenties looking for adventure. They were armed with a musket pistol or two and a Kentucky long rifle. Comparitively, the Comanche warriors were armed with a bow and arrow, a 14 foot lance and a round buffalo hide shield that was so tough it was actually bullet proof against musket balls. Those old westerns where indians are leaning over and under the neck of their horse firing arrows? That’s true and Comanches would do it using the horse as a shield while they got off 5 arrows in the time it took a Texan to load, aim and shoot one Kentucky rifle.

Up to that point in history, all indian tribes , except Comanches, and Europeans/Texans would ride to battle on their horses, stop and leave their horses under guard while they advanced to attack on foot. Shooting a Kentucky rifle from horseback was difficult and even harder to reload. The Comanches recognized this tactic and simply road around them to attack the horse guard(s) and steal the horses. Stranded, the horseless Texans often died from being stranded a hundred miles or more in the middle of nowhere. One famous Texas Ranger, John Coffee “Jack” Hays (about age 23), recognized the danger of leaving their horses behind, and chose to use hit’n’run tactics against the Comanches on horse back. Due to the difficulty of reloading their muskets on horse back, one fast pass at a group of Comanches was all they could do.

Meanwhile, back East, a young man named Samuel Colt had developed a 5-shot repeating pistol and tried to sell it to the US Army. It was a .36 caliber pistol which couldn’t be reloaded very easily. Since the Army fought dismounted like most everyone else, they effectively told Colt “WTF would we do with this?” and passed on the invention. Colt eventually sold 1000 of the pistols to the Texas Navy (only God knows why the Texas Navy bought them) but then went out of business losing his machinery but retaining his patents. A few years later Sam Houston dissolved the Texas Navy and the pistols went into storage. It was then that John Hays heard about those pistols and knew he could do something with them. He talked to Houston and was given several of the pistols for him men. Now, armed with a couple repeating pistols each, the Texas Rangers could make a couple of passes on horseback against the Comanches to devastating effect. The Comanches started avoiding the Texas Rangers. Among the men under Hays was another young man, Sam Walker. A few years later in the mid-1840s Walker was in the Northeast for the nation of Texas. Meanwhile, the US Army had seen the superiority of the Texas Ranger horseback tactics and approached Sam Colt with an order for new pistols. Since Colt only had his patents and nothing else, he had to start from scratch. He contacted Walker and asked him for advice on making the new pistol. Walker had lots of advice and, effectively told him “Make it a bigger fucking gun!” The .36 ball was too small so Colt made it a .44. Walker also told him to make it more powerful so the revolver held 60 grains of power in each chamber, twice what was normal for a blackpowder pistol. The pistol also had to be reloadable in the field so a reloading lever was attached to the pistol. The new pistol was heavy at about 5 pounds but had a 100 yard effective range. It was ready for both the US Army and the Texas Rangers by 1847 and the used effectively in attacking the Comanches. Admiring their tactics and effectiveness, when the Mexican-American War started, the US Army asked Walker and his Rangers to joined them, which they did with brutal efficiency. Unfortunately, Walker was killed in Mexico in 1847 but his name lives on in the Walker Colt. Sam Colt went on to invent the Single Action Army, Colt Peacemaker and one of the richest men in America thanks to the Texas Rangers.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    After you've done it first?

My usual carry is a S&W M&P .45 Shield, but I have a guns in each car and around the house. No lipstick, pacifiers or hair spray.

I've seen your avatar before. Some gay guy on another forum. I thought he was a woman the first six months or so I was there.

You faggots need new material. you really really need a sense of humor since none of you faggot butt fuckers have one.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You faggots need new material. you really really need a sense of humor since none of you faggot butt fuckers have one.
    Thanks for further evidence of your progressive latent homosexuality. Best of luck, sweetheart.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-25-2020)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Shut the fuck up you goddam lying cock sucker.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Well, I have this neighbor...............

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Well, I have this neighbor...............

No you don't.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

No you don't.
    Trust me- Yes I do!

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My my you seem butt hurt over something . DO you need a hug or a shoulder to cry on ?

O yes it makes you feel big when you talk like that and inflates your ego . I get it.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Shut the fuck up you goddam lying cock sucker.
    O my such language , a true display of your concern for any younger people who use or look at the forum , a truly caring person you must be.
    Im guessing your a public school teacher in a democrat run city or perhaps a a child physiologist ?

I am guessing it makes you feel big and important to use such language in public a true internet tough guy .
    I bet you really impress the drunks in bars late at night .
    You really shoed him by calling him those names , it showed him how intelligent you are and your quick Witt .
    Very impressive I must say.