Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    The Win. was given to me for my 12th. birthday present from my father. It had a Weaver K10 on it. I thought it was the coolest gun he had back then. It's a "tack driver."
    I also have a K.22 with original box. VG+ condition. My father gave it to me when I was around 10 or 11, his best friend's widow gave it to him after he was killed.

The Buntline is a Second Gen. peacemaker with a 12" barrel. My father used to load wax bullets and roll cans across the floor off the hip with it in our basement. He could shoot a handgun!
    I sold a lot of my guns over the years, but still maintain a nice, but smaller collection. I haven't shot competitions for years, I did make it to Camp Perry once. I wasn't quite as good as I thought I was!
    My grandfather has a K .22 masterpiece a great gun nvry accurate , I would of loved to had it, but I dont know what ever happened to it.

2. #17 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    My grandfather has a K .22 masterpiece a great gun nvry accurate , I would of loved to had it, but I dont know what ever happened to it.
    My father had a collection of old WWII relics and 46 guns, most older collectible vintage war rifles and pistols he got while serving in WWII. He sold them all, unknowing to me. He got ripped off royally, the SOB "dealer" (he had an FFL) wounded up in federal prison for out of state sales to a felon. The gun was used in a murder, from what I was told. My father did leave me 2 1100's, a .35 Rem. that S&W .38, and a beautiful .50 flintlock he built himself with a Don Getz barrel. I turned down $2500 for the flintlock.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-21-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My father had a collection of old WWII relics and 46 guns, most older collectible vintage war rifles and pistols he got while serving in WWII. He sold them all, unknowing to me. He got ripped off royally, the SOB "dealer" (he had an FFL) wounded up in federal prison for out of state sales to a felon. The gun was used in a murder, from what I was told. My father did leave me 2 1100's, a .35 Rem. that S&W .38, and a beautiful .50 flintlock he built himself with a Don Getz barrel. I turned down $2500 for the flintlock.
    I dont know a lot about flint locks except some can be cheap and some very valuable, the .35 rem is a great caliber great on larger game.
    Yes some gun dealers will rip you off in a heart beat. When I sell guns I usually look up the value then figure out the actual value based on condition and I had a friend who was going from gun show to gun show he sold a lot of guns and custom knifes , we would talk and meet at a agreed price, I wanted him to make money of course.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I know a few reloaders. I'd like to be one myself. What i'm hearing is that primers are very hard to come by. I'd like to learn how to make the primers.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I dont know a lot about flint locks except some can be cheap and some very valuable, the .35 rem is a great caliber great on larger game.
    Yes some gun dealers will rip you off in a heart beat. When I sell guns I usually look up the value then figure out the actual value based on condition and I had a friend who was going from gun show to gun show he sold a lot of guns and custom knifes , we would talk and meet at a agreed price, I wanted him to make money of course.
    Every gun I've sold was to Gun shops, relatives, guys from our gun club or long time friends. I sold two pair of .22 gold plated Colt derringers to furnish my house when I bought it, and a few more to do upgrades over the years. I still have the good ones for hunting any type of game, plus a few more to play with. I don't shoot as much as I used to, maybe once or twice a week for an hour or two to stay proficient. I hunt groundhogs in the soybean fields until they get too high, too. Everything has gone up bullets, primers, powder, brass. And factory ammo is crazy - if you can get some from what I hear.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-25-2020)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Charoite View Post
    Went by wondering WTF a reloader is and saw this. Might want to choose a different pic for this because it's not American or 2nd amendment, it's Ghost In The Shell cosplay. It's a Japanese anime fangirl pic. Also the whole babes with assault weapons is Legion's shtick, I'd avoid it
    Hot women in costume and fully automatic weapons are a wonderful combo .the thread is not just for re-loaders but gun people in general .
    I hope you learn or get something from the thread and find something of interest to you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-21-2020)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today I went shooting at the Policeman's hall of fame range in Titusville Fl. its a nice indoor range .

I only shot 4 guns . my main reason for going was to sight in a sub 2000 that the front sight had come loose on , and to try out some 9 mm 147 grain ammo I had just loaded up to see how they worked . Its a 1000 round batch I made for my glocks.
    They shot point of aim in my carry gun a glock 26 and slightly high in my glock 34. they shot very small groups in my long slide glock but kept stove piping and I dint have the silencer attached .

the sub 2000 shot great but I only use 115 grin in it , the sights has to be adjusted all the way to the left to hit dead center so Im gong tomhave to take them off and twist thm a bit to the left to get them to hit dead center when the post is centered.
    After that I stopped at the old Florida oyster bar and grill in Cocoa fl. on us 1 and had a bucket of lightly steamed oyster, they were very good for farmed raised from Virginia .

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charoite View Post
    Went by wondering WTF a reloader is and saw this. Might want to choose a different pic for this because it's not American or 2nd amendment, it's Ghost In The Shell cosplay. It's a Japanese anime fangirl pic. Also the whole babes with assault weapons is Legion's shtick, I'd avoid it
    Cosplay girl with a machine gun. Fucking awesome.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-25-2020)

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I know a few reloaders. I'd like to be one myself. What i'm hearing is that primers are very hard to come by. I'd like to learn how to make the primers.
    I really doubt, even if I could, I'd make primers. The powder in primers is far more combustible than regular gun powders. It can explode with mere pressure, so crimping it would scare the shit out of me personally.
    I'd have to research how they are made and the safety precautions needed to produce them, if I were in the need. I bough primers in bulk a few years ago before they became scarce. I have boxes of small and large pistol primers as well as for center fire rifle.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-21-2020)

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    Making primers is something no one I have ever heard of doing , it requires specialized eqt .
    Reloading its self is not hard but its the learning thats difficult , there are a lot of thing to take i n to consideration to make a round that is safe and accurate.
    best to have someone with some experience help you with deciding the type of eqt you need .
    Also make no mistake it can be a very expensive hobby . its very easy to invest sever thousand dollars in eqt powders bullets and primers and cases .
    I normally try to keep at least 10,000 small pistol primers and the same for small rifle then you have magnum primers and large rifle that I stock , there are others also. I keep around 1200.00 dollars in primers stocked alone.

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hot women in costume and fully automatic weapons are a wonderful combo .the thread is not just for re-loaders but gun people in general .
    I hope you learn or get something from the thread and find something of interest to you.
    God Bless America!

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-25-2020)

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today I went shooting at the Policeman's hall of fame range in Titusville Fl. its a nice indoor range .

I only shot 4 guns . my main reason for going was to sight in a sub 2000 that the front sight had come loose on , and to try out some 9 mm 147 grain ammo I had just loaded up to see how they worked . Its a 1000 round batch I made for my glocks.
    They shot point of aim in my carry gun a glock 26 and slightly high in my glock 34. they shot very small groups in my long slide glock but kept stove piping and I dint have the silencer attached .

the sub 2000 shot great but I only use 115 grin in it , the sights has to be adjusted all the way to the left to hit dead center so Im gong tomhave to take them off and twist thm a bit to the left to get them to hit dead center when the post is centered.
    After that I stopped at the old Florida oyster bar and grill in Cocoa fl. on us 1 and had a bucket of lightly steamed oyster, they were very good for farmed raised from Virginia .
    Do you use a progressive reloader for your pistol cartridges? A few of the regulars at my club use a Dillon reloader, not just for handgun, but also for their rifles. They claim they are very consistent.
    There are also other brands on the market that claim similar results, but I don't shoot enough anymore to "take the plunge" for a progressive reloader. I have a turret press I use for handgun loads and use a single stage for my rifle cartridges. I also have a set of "manual" sizing dies for our rifles/handguns (talk about work!), but have graduated to the press sizers. The bullet lube/sizer press for cast bullets is also a single stage press. Years back, my father and I built an exhaust fan system in his basement and we went nuts casting .38, .45 and .30 cal. bullets and ingots. I think we melted nearly 100 lbs. of lead the last time and I still have probably 1000+ pre-lubed bullets ready to load, and about 50+ 2 lb. ingots of lead.
    I have an old shotgun press too, but haven't fired a shotgun in a few years. I still have boxes of loads for the 1100 Special Field (various shot sizes) and a few boxes of 3" mag. for the goose gun (30' barrel).

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you use a progressive reloader for your pistol cartridges? A few of the regulars at my club use a Dillon reloader, not just for handgun, but also for their rifles. They claim they are very consistent.
    There are also other brands on the market that claim similar results, but I don't shoot enough anymore to "take the plunge" for a progressive reloader. I have a turret press I use for handgun loads and use a single stage for my rifle cartridges. I also have a set of "manual" sizing dies for our rifles/handguns (talk about work!), but have graduated to the press sizers. The bullet lube/sizer press for cast bullets is also a single stage press. Years back, my father and I built an exhaust fan system in his basement and we went nuts casting .38, .45 and .30 cal. bullets and ingots. I think we melted nearly 100 lbs. of lead the last time and I still have probably 1000+ pre-lubed bullets ready to load, and about 50+ 2 lb. ingots of lead.
    I have an old shotgun press too, but haven't fired a shotgun in a few years. I still have boxes of loads for the 1100 Special Field (various shot sizes) and a few boxes of 3" mag. for the goose gun (30' barrel).
    I use a turret press press for hand gun ammo and a single stage for rifle .
    I really prefer the single stage for high end accuracy ammo.
    I have never cast my own bullets . There is a company called space coast bullets near me who make a fine cast lead bullet and its fairly priced.
    I do buy a lot of fmj bullets also but on line and recently ordered some dg 9 mm bullets.

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

My daily stuff to choose from...depending on dress and weather...

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by jakemax View Post
    My daily stuff to choose from...depending on dress and weather...

lol