Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    There are dumbasses who think Israel owns us, but in reality, we own them. Israel is important to the US as an unsinkable aircraft carrier. The US is important to Israel as their main, and sometimes, only lifeline on the entire fucking planet.

That said, I've owned a lot of guns and an Uzi-import (long barrel) was among them. It was a great shooter. Reliable all day long, but it was heavy. Lighter good shooters were available. Good cleaning and good ammo solved any other common problems.

30-06 is a solid round. Like the Uzi, there are lighter, smaller, cheaper and just as effective smaller rounds. I prefer the NATO 7.62 in everything but long range sniper uses. 700 yards or less, with a decent barrel and it does everything a 30-06 can do.

That said, I like the 7.62X39 as a 100 yard or less hog killer. There are many reasons. The round will hit 4 times as far, but for hunting, it's ethical to go for the solid, drop-dead kill. My eyes and the round itself don't guarantee that at much more than 100 yards. If I was just killing hogs because they are very destructive vermin, then I'd take a 200 yard shot with my SKS or AK-47, but vermin or not, my ethics don't allow leaving a wounded animal to spend hours in pain because I chose to be expedient.
    The guy that works with me dropped a boar on his land @ 250 yds with a .17 HMR . He wasn't "wounded", he dropped right there and was in the the ground the next day.
    That's a BB-sized bullet.

I don't think I'm going to share how we know how to drop anything including gators with the possible leftists viewing this post because fuck that.

We know how..they don't..I can drop damn near anything with a .22.

That IS something us crackers know. We'll kill a gator and feed it to the kids for lunch.

PLUS when you do it like that, the meat is much better. I tasted that hog, and it was good! Gator, too!
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 11-25-2020 at 05:57 PM.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,327 Times in 52,381 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    The guy that works with me dropped a boar on his land @ 250 yds with a .17 HMR . He wasn't "wounded", he dropped right there and was in the the ground the next day.
    That's a BB-sized bullet....
    Can you do that? Can he do it each shot and every shot? Can you guarantee that a .17 HMR will drop a hog at 250yds 9 times out of 10? 50/50? How do you measure your ethics in this situation?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Can you do that? Can he do it each shot and every shot? Can you guarantee that a .17 HMR will drop a hog at 250yds 9 times out of 10? 50/50? How do you measure your ethics in this situation?
    Just about, mister. Depends on the operator.

If you shoot it in the right place every time, it's going to drop every time.

I can do it to rabbits at a full run 75% of the time. Instant shutdown. I bet ol' boy can't even do that.

We ain't no chump shots 'round heanh.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Just about, mister. Depends on the operator.

If you shoot it in the right place every time, it's going to drop every time.

I can do it to rabbits at a full run 75% of the time. Instant shutdown. I bet ol' boy can't even do that.

We ain't no chump shots 'round heanh.
    Correct, it depends on the operator. An operator knows the odds. An operator knows the limitations of their equipment.

So you keep saying, sir.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Correct, it depends on the operator. An operator knows the odds. An operator knows the limitations of their equipment.

So you keep saying, sir.
    Do you have a point? I know mine and my buddy's skills..and-?
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 11-25-2020 at 07:16 PM.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, I made a point. Can you and I agree that others can either see it or they can't?

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, I made a point. Can you and I agree that others can either see it or they can't?
    I still don't get it. If you mean where to shoot, I guess..

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I still don't get it. If you mean where to shoot, I guess..
    It appears not.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It appears not.
    Do you know how to kill a gator with a .22?

If not, STFU.

I'm talking an actual alligator, not a UF student. A swamp critter.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you know how to kill a gator with a .22?

If not, STFU.

I'm talking an actual alligator, not a UF student. A swamp critter.
    What an oddly funny statement. Are you an old man confessing to murdering, and possibly raping, a UF student?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-28-2020)

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

That's a BB-sized bullet.

I don't think I'm going to share how we know how to drop anything including gators with the possible leftists viewing this post because fuck that.

We know how..they don't..I can drop damn near anything with a .22.

That IS something us crackers know. We'll kill a gator and feed it to the kids for lunch.

PLUS when you do it like that, the meat is much better. I tasted that hog, and it was good! Gator, too!
    I think you have a very limited knowledge of guns caliber and killing power and ethical harvesting of game.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-25-2020)

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    I think you have a very limited knowledge of guns caliber and killing power and ethical harvesting of game.
    I think you have no clue as to how it really is.

I never seen no gator flopping around or running off after being shot, and motherfucker I could absolutely take deer with a .22 all day and the meat will be better than what you "ethically" shoot.

Ethical is an instant shutdown. That's what I consider ethical. I think you've been eating gamey meat because you're not on my level.
    I ain't had a jacked up anything..well I think that cow got jacked up with some meat I bought here lately..
    I ain't had jacked up game in 15 years, ok probably more..

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think you have no clue as to how it really is.

I never seen no gator flopping around or running off after being shot, and motherfucker I could absolutely take deer with a .22 all day and the meat will be better than what you "ethically" shoot.

Ethical is an instant shutdown. That's what I consider ethical. I think you've been eating gamey meat because you're not on my level.
    I ain't had a jacked up anything..well I think that cow got jacked up with some meat I bought here lately..
    I ain't had jacked up game in 15 years, ok probably more..
    Yes I know exactly how it is I was hunting at the age of 7 inn Kentucky and have been a life long hunter, I was a meat hunter and ethical as possible a .22 lr is not a really ethical for game. Yes it will kill a gator of used more or less like a ban stick at close range.
    And a lot of people use them on gators .
    A 17 hmr is very unsuitable and unethical for wild bore at any distance .Period . Its good for prairie dogs turkeys and such . it is not suited for larger game.
    I know very well what I'm talking about, I know practical hunting and gun skills and what calibers are acceptable for ethical clean kills to reduce the chances of wounding a animal and it suffering or being lost.

As a American hunter we need to display our concern for game and clean ethical taking of game and not look like a bunch of red neck goobers with a desire to kill and draw blood , being a sportsman is important part of hunting and proper game management to preserve the sport and have a good public opinion of our sport and actions.

Im not some city boy I grew up on farms 3 of them to be exact one inKy where I was born one in Ohio and one in wv I am a hillbilly , but I also apperate the land and the game god provided us , we are hunters by nature .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-26-2020)

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Almost made a big amateur reloading mistake tonight .
    I had trimmed up about 200 lake city cases to length fired 1 time , I had already resized them and primed them.
    I prepared my Hornady powder drop by placing some IRM 4064 in it ,my preferred powder for accuracy shooting and making match grade ammo for my one rifle.
    I dropped a load of powder to measure and while weighing it so I could adjust my powder drop it looked wrong and it was , IRM 4064n is a extruded powder and this was ball powder, h335 I think. I had failed to empty my powder drop and this could of really caused some safety issues had I not caught it.
    It cost me the powder I had poured in the powder drop and a bit of time readjusting the drop . I really try tom avoid mistakes but even veteran reloads can make them if not careful.
    And yes I did check the can of powder Impoured in it was what it should be.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-28-2020)

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Almost made a big amateur reloading mistake tonight .
    I had trimmed up about 200 lake city cases to length fired 1 time , I had already resized them and primed them.
    I prepared my Hornady powder drop by placing some IRM 4064 in it ,my preferred powder for accuracy shooting and making match grade ammo for my one rifle.
    I dropped a load of powder to measure and while weighing it so I could adjust my powder drop it looked wrong and it was , IRM 4064n is a extruded powder and this was ball powder, h335 I think. I had failed to empty my powder drop and this could of really caused some safety issues had I not caught it.
    It cost me the powder I had poured in the powder drop and a bit of time readjusting the drop . I really try tom avoid mistakes but even veteran reloads can make them if not careful.
    And yes I did check the can of powder Impoured in it was what it should be.
    Yeah, having your operation blow up is B-A-D.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-28-2020)