Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reloaders or gun guys or gals here ?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    I am a active reloader and gun guy wouldn't mid getting a thread here started if there are others here.
    BBBRain offered this thread so I'm probably crazy to respond to it.

In the mid sixties, Gun and Ammo magazine did a short piece on a handload that I discovered.

I had--still have it--a Weatherby Mk V Varmintmaster in .224 Weatherby belted magnum.
    At that time, Winchester had a similar .22 centerfire out called the .225 Winchester.
    The Winchester round actually had an old fashioned rim like a .30-30.

In addition to the cartridge itself, the factory round bullet, powder, and primer were all available as handload components.
    I discovered that putting the Winchester .225 components into the .224 Weatherby brass created the most accurate .22 centerfire round recorded.
    From machine rest with no crosswind, Guns and Ammo put the entire magazine into the same hole at 100 yards.

That's it. I haven't handloaded in decades, but I had my fifteen minutes of fame in the magazine
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Fuck, this is an old thread and I already responded to it ages ago.
    Time to log off and do something else.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

I dont shoot near as much as I did at one time.
    Maybe 10000 rounds to 12000 a year .
    I would shoot more but reloading supplys are hard to find and the prices are outrageous.
    Last year before the pandemic and blm riots Ammo was fairly cheap 12 bucks to 15 for a 50 round box this year I have seen it for for as much as 50 bucks.
    Primes a reloading must have were about 40 bucks per thousand. Now i see them for as much as 200 bucks.
    Thanks china thanks blm thanks democrats .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

ExpressLane (07-29-2021)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am a active reloader and gun guy wouldn't mid getting a thread here started if there are others here.
    I have several guns but I don't reload. I hear its hard to find primers these days. My brother was looking into reloading.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

6. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    I have several guns but I don't reload. I hear its hard to find primers these days. My brother was looking into reloading.
    Its hard to find any component at a reasonable price.
    I dont shoot in Competion any more so my round count yearly is 10 to 12 thousand a year.
    I am thinking about getting back into 600 yard Competition.
    But back to cost. To be honest most reloaders do safe money on a round to round cost but they end up shooting more thus they dont really save money.
    I got into it for long range shooting as I can produce very accurate match grade ammo made just for my gun.
    You give it 6 months to a year and componets supply should catch up with demand.
    When o bung hole was elected we reloaders had to deal with price increases and avaliable componets shortages.
    It taught me a lesson. Democrats equal inflation and uncertainty in the gun world. So when trump was elected i stocked up. And I started stocking up on finished ammo.I have thousands of them in ammo cans and storage containers.
    I have not purchased
    primers for at least 3 years.
    Im running a bit low now Im down to about 15000 of 16000 left.
    I also stocked up on .22 ammo which i cant make and oo buck and slugs which i dont reload.

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    BBBRain offered this thread so I'm probably crazy to respond to it.

In the mid sixties, Gun and Ammo magazine did a short piece on a handload that I discovered.

I had--still have it--a Weatherby Mk V Varmintmaster in .224 Weatherby belted magnum.
    At that time, Winchester had a similar .22 centerfire out called the .225 Winchester.
    The Winchester round actually had an old fashioned rim like a .30-30.

In addition to the cartridge itself, the factory round bullet, powder, and primer were all available as handload components.
    I discovered that putting the Winchester .225 components into the .224 Weatherby brass created the most accurate .22 centerfire round recorded.
    From machine rest with no crosswind, Guns and Ammo put the entire magazine into the same hole at 100 yards.

That's it. I haven't handloaded in decades, but I had my fifteen minutes of fame in the magazine
    wreload.why would you be crazy for responding . you dod good and did a wild cat type of reloading.
    Its a subject that we can talk about regardless of politics race religion.its a meeting point so to speak.
    You welcome here as a reloader and sportsman.

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its hard to find any component at a reasonable price.
    I dont shoot in Competion any more so my round count yearly is 10 to 12 thousand a year.
    I am thinking about getting back into 600 yard Competition.
    But back to cost. To be honest most reloaders do safe money on a round to round cost but they end up shooting more thus they dont really save money.
    I got into it for long range shooting as I can produce very accurate match grade ammo made just for my gun.
    You give it 6 months to a year and componets supply should catch up with demand.
    When o bung hole was elected we reloaders had to deal with price increases and avaliable componets shortages.
    It taught me a lesson. Democrats equal inflation and uncertainty in the gun world. So when trump was elected i stocked up. And I started stocking up on finished ammo.I have thousands of them in ammo cans and storage containers.
    I have not purchased
    primers for at least 3 years.
    Im running a bit low now Im down to about 15000 of 16000 left.
    I also stocked up on .22 ammo which i cant make and oo buck and slugs which i dont reload.
    I bought 10,000 rounds of 22 and 9 mm rounds a while back. But I have less than 500 in each of several other calibers. 40 cal, ,45 cal, 410, 38 cal, 20 ga 12 ga 380 cal 223 cal 22 magnum 44 magnum . But I don't shoot a lot anymore.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Bulletbob (08-06-2021)

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default He’ll be there with his friend.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

I own an Armalite AR10, few handguns, maybe a Kel Tec shotgun soon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

Bulletbob (08-06-2021)

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    I own an Armalite AR10, few handguns, maybe a Kel Tec shotgun soon
    keltec is made not far from me . I have to say they have some interesting designs . Especially in shot guns .
    I own 3 keltecs 2 of the little .380 mouse guns . A guy I know needed some cash and sold them 2 me cheap 1 was unfired.I also have a gen 2 sub 2000 which is a handy car gun .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulletbob For This Post:

Stringfellow Hawk (08-06-2021)

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

keltec is made not far from me . I have to say they have some interesting designs . Especially in shot guns .
    I own 3 keltecs 2 of the little .380 mouse guns . A guy I know needed some cash and sold them 2 me cheap 1 was unfired.I also have a gen 2 sub 2000 which is a handy car gun .
    yes I am thinking about selling the AR 10 and grabbing the 18 round shotgun. I enjoyed dropping the wild boar with the AR but now it just sits

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default A boxing gym.

Karategi (空手着 or 空手衣) is the formal Japanese name for the traditional
    uniform used for Karate practice and competition. A karategi is somewhat similar
    to a judogi (柔道着 or 柔道衣, Judo uniform) as it shares a common origin; however,
    the material and cut of the uniform is generally much lighter and looser fitting.

A dōjō is a hall or place for immersive learning or meditation. This is traditionally in
    the field of martial arts, but has been seen increasingly in other fields, such as meditation
    and software development. The term literally means "place of the Way" in Japanese.

The kids mother is all b!chy and on the rag. She’s miserable from being over worked
    Constantly bickering with the husband. The kid can’t take the atmosphere anymore
    and storms out the door. He clicks with another kid or two who have similar issues.
    A month later there’s two or three more of them. A month later they start to find
    problems with each other. The two kids get into a fist fight. The kid that gets the
    short end of the deal goes whining to his mother. She says we’ll take you to learn
    self defense.

The boxing gym.

What brings you here? I want my kid to learn how to defend himself.
    Why does your kid need to defend himself? there was an incident where and so on . . . .
    The coach
    Where ever that problem started. That’s where you go back and correct it.
    Don’t come here with your problems.
    I don’t like these people. I’ll take you to the karate school where my friend takes there kid.

gsxs125-3.jpg

The first 6 months. 30 push-ups 30 sit-ups. Hit the heavy bag. Skip some rope. Now go home.
    You’re done and now you’re coming back for more. You asked for it!
    Every day for 2 years I was there from 3:30 to 9:30.

I’m getting needles in my stomach.

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    yes I am thinking about selling the AR 10 and grabbing the 18 round shotgun. I enjoyed dropping the wild boar with the AR but now it just sits
    The ar 10 is a very versatile gun.with the .308 chambering it offers longer range and serious knock down power.
    Its pretty well capable of taking any noth America game. Not my first choice for brown bear but its capable.

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

The ar 10 is a very versatile gun.with the .308 chambering it offers longer range and serious knock down power.
    Its pretty well capable of taking any noth America game. Not my first choice for brown bear but its capable.
    308 is one of my favorite rounds. I have an old 308 savage that’s taken lots of game. I don’t get to hunt much with a modern rifle anymore due to being out of state during that time of year. When I do get to I have a few rifles I plan to put back into action doing what they were created for.

19. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans