Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Masks Need To Be Replaced With Paper Masks.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello NiftyNiblick,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    You're making, PoliTalker, a lot of cogent observations on an issue that may not be addressed from a cogent perspective for too much longer.
    The "Greatest Generation" is dead.
    Their progeny, who didn't grow up during the great depression, don't necessarily take the same patient and reasoned approach to things.

At this point, we should at least be realistic enough to not be surprised by incredibly illogical decisions.
    Yeah, all true, but I still refuse to fall into the abyss of complacency.

We've got a bad situation on our hands.

If we cannot act in the appropriate coordinated way, then the thing to do is press for that to happen.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    The focus isn't on protecting the wearer but on protecting others from the wearer.
    Oh, NO NO NO NO NO..... Wait just a cotton pickin' minute!!!!

The CDC has recently changed their stance on this... They now say that masks work in BOTH instances... So, according to them, there is absolutely NO virtue signaling reason for me to wear one, as others can just wear one to "protect themselves" from me, even though I can't spread a virus that I don't have...

But, just for shits and giggles, let's accept the CDC's prior stance (after their stance that masks don't work), which you have quoted here, that masks are meant to protect others from oneself... I have to then ask you, how exactly does a mask have the ability to stop viruses from escaping it yet NOT have the ability to stop viruses from entering into it? The VERY SAME MASK PORES are in question... I refer to this stupidity tinged argument as the "Magick Mask Argument"...
    Last edited by gfm7175; 11-18-2020 at 10:19 AM.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Oh, NO NO NO NO NO..... Wait just a cotton pickin' minute!!!!

The CDC has recently changed their stance on this... They now say that masks work in BOTH instances... So, according to them, there is absolutely NO virtue signaling reason for me to wear one, as others can just wear one to "protect themselves" from me, even though I can't spread a virus that I don't have...

But, just for shits and giggles, let's accept the CDC's prior stance (after their stance that masks don't work), which you have quoted here, that masks are meant to protect others from oneself... I have to then ask you, how exactly does a mask have the ability to stop viruses from escaping it yet NOT have the ability to stop viruses from entering into it? The VERY SAME MASK PORES are in question... I refer to this stupidity tinged argument as the "Magick Mask Argument"...
    Sigh.

When you cough in public, do you cough in someone's face, or do you cover your mouth?

Why is this difficult for you to grasp?

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Sigh.

When you cough in public, do you cough in someone's face, or do you cover your mouth?

Why are you so weak you will let someone tell you what to do and not to do with your personal freedoms?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sigh.

WTF does that have ANYTHING to do with what I said to you... I repeat:

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Paper masks are 9 times more effective than cloth masks.

Cloth masks originated because we simply did not have enough of the more preferable paper masks.

It was intended as a temporary measure to make up for the lack of sufficient numbers of paper masks.

The goal should be to make paper mask usage universal.

We need to make paper mask supply a priority so that all cloth masks can be replaced with paper masks.

Cloth mask wearing could lead to a false sense of protection.

Distancing is far more effective than mask-wearing.

Far higher priority needs to be given to distancing.

If people are far enough apart, no masks are required.

Masks are only for when distancing is not a possibility.

Distancing remains the most effective method of preventing disease transmission.
    I agree, I use these paper mask:
    Face Mask MEDICAL Surgical Dental Disposable ASTM LEVEL 3 Mouth Cover Ear

99%+ FILTRATION! - LAB TESTED! - ASTM LEVEL 3 APPROVED! Ordering some more today?!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-PCS-Face....c100290.m3507

7. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-18-2020)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I agree, I use these paper mask:
    Face Mask MEDICAL Surgical Dental Disposable ASTM LEVEL 3 Mouth Cover Ear

99%+ FILTRATION! - LAB TESTED! - ASTM LEVEL 3 APPROVED! Ordering some more today?!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-PCS-Face....c100290.m3507
    Those masks do not stop viruses... But, it's your right to ignore reason in order to "feel" protected and/or to virtue signal by "feeling" like you are protecting others...
    Last edited by gfm7175; 11-18-2020 at 01:23 PM.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

The focus isn't on protecting the wearer but on protecting others from the wearer.
    Cloth masks and paper masks are improper ppe as protection from viruses. Always use correct ppe for protection from hazmat.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cloth masks need to be replaced by vaccines.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Why are you so weak you will let someone tell you what to do and not to do with your personal freedoms?
    My right to live is greater to than your right to not be inconvenienced with a mask for a little while. Suck it up, buttercup.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    WTF does that have ANYTHING to do with what I said to you... I repeat:

It has everything to do with your post. You're operating via grave misunderstanding, doubtless due to the right-wing propaganda machine having invaded your brain.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Cloth masks and paper masks are improper ppe as protection from viruses. Always use correct ppe for protection from hazmat.
    Ok, but it's it not about protecting the wearer. It's about preventing a virus from spreading.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TexanManWithPlans For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-18-2020)

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Cloth masks need to be replaced by vaccines.
    And the pandemic needs to be replaced by the freedom of having it behind us.

Unfortunately we cannot go directly to the ultimate goal without setting and achieving some intermediate goals.

Even when vaccines are widely available we will still need to be using masks and practicing distancing.

We have to use all the tools in our arsenal until the threat is passed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It has everything to do with your post. You're operating via grave misunderstanding, doubtless due to the right-wing propaganda machine having invaded your brain.
    Your refusal to answer simple questions is duly noted.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok, but it's it not about protecting the wearer. It's about preventing a virus from spreading.
    Continued chanting. Answer my question.