Thread: McCain hints that money that paid for the Infomercial was corrupt money.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Default McCain hints that money that paid for the Infomercial was corrupt money.

Because NO ONE is required to report WHO donates money under 200 dollars it is all questionable according to McCain. Just saw him saying so on TV on MSNBC. More crying from the Republicans about Democrats with Money.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

It does leave open a large "loophole" that somebody could exploit (and no Darla I'm not saying that Obama did) where they could get foreign sources, etc to donate through that means. Using names of supporters they could donate $200 a pop without ever getting outted...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It does leave open a large "loophole" that somebody could exploit (and no Darla I'm not saying that Obama did) where they could get foreign sources, etc to donate through that means. Using names of supporters they could donate $200 a pop without ever getting outted...
    And was your party worried about it when Bush was raising massive amounts of cash? No. Like I said, it is only corrupt when YOU (not you personally Damo) can't raise it. The Dems have whined about the money advantage for decades until Obama figured out how to make it work.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socrtease View Post
    And was your party worried about it when Bush was raising massive amounts of cash? No. Like I said, it is only corrupt when YOU (not you personally Damo) can't raise it. The Dems have whined about the money advantage for decades until Obama figured out how to make it work.
    It just goes to show that money really is "freedom of speech" in those circles.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It just goes to show that money really is "freedom of speech" in those circles.
    I agree. And this time around the use of the internet to raise money was really well used. Paul started it and I think Obama looked at what Paul did and tried to copy it to some success.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

I agree. And this time around the use of the internet to raise money was really well used. Paul started it and I think Obama looked at what Paul did and tried to copy it to some success.

Paul? Dean was really the guy that started it and Obama took what Dean did and built off of it turning online grassroots support into the most effective fundraising operation ever. Of course McCain is bitching about it, what else is he supposed to do?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Because NO ONE is required to report WHO donates money under 200 dollars it is all questionable according to McCain. Just saw him saying so on TV on MSNBC. More crying from the Republicans about Democrats with Money.
    Sorry...I have a lot of respect for Senator McCain.....but I can hear the smallest fiddle in the world playing "My heart pumps piss for you!"

This is the first time in anyones living memory that a Democratic candidate for President has had more money than his Republican counterpart. Even JFK has less money in his campaign than Nixon did.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recall when Jeb Bush ran for Guv of FL a bunch of his contributions came from out of state. hmmm. Not illegal but hmmm

I believe state level offices should be restricted to in state contributions.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Lol didn't he write the camapign finance reform bill? Guess he should have thought about it then.
    * Annoy a Republican, think for yourself.
    * Annoy a Democrat, support yourself.