Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Coronavirus gone in 3 weeks.

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    that's why you have a right to keep and bear arms.........to protect and keep your life and that of your families

Take a rifle into a hospital and see how many corona virus' you can kill. Of course you would have to get them out of the host first. And if you get enough of them in one spot, you should be able to kill a bunch with just one bullet. That is after all what this whole thread is about. Not "freedoms." Not "rights." Or economics. It's about keeping more people from DYING from the coronavirus.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by overall View Post
    Take a rifle into a hospital and see how many corona virus' you can kill. Of course you would have to get them out of the host first. And if you get enough of them in one spot, you should be able to kill a bunch with just one bullet. That is after all what this whole thread is about. Not "freedoms." Not "rights." Or economics. It's about keeping more people from DYING from the coronavirus.
    safety is the cry of all tyrants........you can't be protected from everything.....but maybe ben franklin was just full of shit
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

there might have been a couple good ideas in his plan, but the rest of it was LITERALLY designed to create an artificial middle class by ballooning property values so that the average (at that time) was 100k........then add in all the regulatory rules and laws to control things......which ultimately led to creating millionaires in congress.......and a major downfall of capitalism and individual rights would be creating a right to the products or services of another at a controlled cost

The major downfall of capitalism is in fact that it sucks ass. As things now stand, morality stands for nothing. Making money is what matters. I'm not against people being wealthy. But there should be limits. But that isn't likely to change. Seeing how we actually live in a plutocracy. It's no wonder that the top 1% owns around 95% of the wealth. Also, look at Bill Gates. Just how rich did he need to be. If the average person is lucky, he makes around $15.00 an hour. Which is at or near poverty level. Bill Gates made around $28,333 per hour. Or around $472. per second. Also, for a while, top management of various companies were making around 400 times what the average worker made. I also saw something on TV once where they were talking to the manager of a grocery store. Or maybe the manager of a grocery store chain. I don't remember. But they were talking about them being a little more equatable when it came to salaries. This manager was limited to "only" making 12 times what the average worker made.

The major drawback that people come up with that I have debated these things about is the greed incentive. They thought that greed is an essential incentive to get people to achieve things. I can see it as being helpful. But not essential. I don't think that people were all that lazy. At least I wasn't. If there is something that needs to be done for a civilization to make it a comfortable place for not only them but everybody else, I don't see it as being very difficult to get people to do those things. As long as they aren't overworked, like many doctors and nurses are now being due to the coronavirus. (As well as in danger) Working conditions should also be safe.

When it comes to working, I have a brother in law who is the son of a fairly well to do restaurant owner. As such, he also took classes in business. I asked him about a problem I often ran across as a laborer. I asked him that for business owner, is there any such thing as an employee working too hard for the money you get paid. Apparently, that doesn't exist.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

safety is the cry of all tyrants........you can't be protected from everything.....but maybe ben franklin was just full of shit

Everything that can be cried is the cry of all tyrants.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

The major downfall of capitalism is in fact that it sucks ass.
    not true.....what you're describing and experiencing is crony capitalism....where the rich get richer because of who they know.......
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

It is always interesting to see how delusional people can be. .
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

not true.....what you're describing and experiencing is crony capitalism....where the rich get richer because of who they know.......

Do you even know what capitalism is all about? It's about making money. How much money is enough? THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH! And to get high on the "superiority" brain drugs, they don't give a damn how they go about doing it. Or who's toes they have to step on to do it. (At least in the vast majority of cases) There are endless justifications the evil use to justify their evil. And they do so. One of the labels they use is capitalism.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.

I was speaking about YOU. Now would you care to reply to the other statements I made in post #109?

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

I was speaking about YOU. Now would you care to reply to the other statements I made in post #109?
    No.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    No.

Well you should.