Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Clear Politics quietly changes Biden to below 270

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Since there’s nothing to worry about, why doesn’t Joe get behind it? It would be great politics because then he could say he wanted to be sure it was a fair election and it would dovetail perfectly with his call for unity.
    He can't support Trump's rhetoric.

Biden was the one on election eve calling for calm and a full count of all the votes. Trump wanted the states called for him with 70% of the vote counted.

Trump is now saying - as he always has - that there is definitive massive fraud and widespread illegality. He's not calmly calling for a recount & standard investigation into irregularities.

"Why doesn't Joe get behind it?" Please.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Really? You've been calling for this for decades?

So, there is probably a post after the 2016 election from you on this one?
    Probably. I wouldn't know the wording, but probably. If not then certainly 2012. I especially was vocal about it after 2000 election when one half of Florida was still voting when the state was called and then contested massively.

Calling an election is not reporting.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Into the Night (11-10-2020), Wolverine (11-10-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How many votes were changed by the Russians? Give me a number.

I’ll wait.
    It's impossible to determine. How is one supposed to determine that?

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

The only thing that changed is mail ballots.

There was nothing to contest in 2016 besides the Russian idiocy. And let’s not forget the FL debacle in 2000 that dragged on to December.
    Florida was about one State and less than a thousand votes total, this is a combination of States with thousands of votes, apples and oranges

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Into the Night (11-10-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Probably. I wouldn't know the wording, but probably. If not then certainly 2012. I especially was vocal about it after 2000 election when one half of Florida was still voting when the state was called and then contested massively.

Calling an election is not reporting.
    You REALLY think that you went out of your way to post on here - after the media called that HILLARY CLINTON lost - and appealed for patience and to not listen to the media on it?

Really????

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

He can't support Trump's rhetoric.

Biden was the one on election eve calling for calm and a full count of all the votes. Trump wanted the states called for him with 70% of the vote counted.

Trump is now saying - as he always has - that there is definitive massive fraud and widespread illegality. He's not calmly calling for a recount & standard investigation into irregularities.

"Why doesn't Joe get behind it?" Please.
    He doesn’t want to support his rhetoric lol?

What about the tens of millions of voters who are suspicious about Biden’s ‘wee hours of morning comeback’? Are they chopped liver?

I thought Biden wanted to unify the country? What’s he got to lose? He’s a slam dunk winner, right?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You REALLY think that you went out of your way to post on here - after the media called that HILLARY CLINTON lost - and appealed for patience and to not listen to the media on it?

Really????
    It isn't "out of my way", I own the site. And yeah, I point it out to folks every election. I think calling elections before polls are closed elsewhere is at least in some instances an attempt to control the outcome in other areas that have not been called. That often folks are doing it to create a feeling of inevitability to either suppress or support votes for one side.

I tend to talk about it, because it is something I think about every election year and I own a platform where folks talk about politics. I think your false "incredulity" is silly. If you think I don't then think that. I'm good with it either way. I am making the point now, because I do think that it causes problems.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Fine. Let the counts in Arizona (11), Georgia (16) and Pennsylvania (20) be completed. The EC doesn't meet until December 14th so there's no rush.

FWIW, Biden is ahead in all three with 97%+ of the count completed. All Biden needs to win is one of them to put him at or over 270.

What are the odds Biden will lose all three? What are you wiling to bet Trump wins all three?
    I say do whatever needs to be done and then we can all move on. I think it will be funny if they continue to cry over the results after telling Hillary devotees to “get over it”.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-10-2020)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...020/president/

Yep they changed biden's ec count back down to 259 while nobody was looking.
    Ooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! They better start re-boarding those store windows on Rodeo Drive!
    And, all those congrats from Nethanyahu, Saudi Arabia, Cuba & Venezuela to Plugs!!!! Oooooooooooooo!!!!!

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What about the tens of millions of voters who are suspicious about Biden’s ‘wee hours of morning comeback’? Are they chopped liver?

I thought Biden wanted to unify the country? What’s he got to lose? He’s a slam dunk winner, right?
    Well, their advice is to do what they didn't. Just "get over it", even though they never did. They actually expect it. It's like they fully understand that the adults in the "room" should get over it even when others do not.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, their advice is to do what they didn't. Just "get over it", even though they never did. They actually expect it. It's like they fully understand that the adults in the "room" should get over it even when others do not.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-10-2020)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

It's impossible to determine. How is one supposed to determine that?
    How many angels are there on a head of pin lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Into the Night (11-10-2020)

18. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I got over it. I was sad for a couple of days, and then the reality of just how bad it was going to be settled in as the Trump started Tweeting, and it got worse from there. His ignorance was an embarrassment, but there was no forgetting that he was the president. Now I can hardly wait for him to not be the president.

19. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How many angels are there on a head of pin lol?
    None

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-10-2020)

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It isn't "out of my way", I own the site. And yeah, I point it out to folks every election. I think calling elections before polls are closed elsewhere is at least in some instances an attempt to control the outcome in other areas that have not been called. That often folks are doing it to create a feeling of inevitability to either suppress or support votes for one side.

I tend to talk about it, because it is something I think about every election year and I own a platform where folks talk about politics. I think your false "incredulity" is silly. If you think I don't then think that. I'm good with it either way. I am making the point now, because I do think that it causes problems.
    It was actually pretty easy to find. You were calling it here before midnight on election eve (thread bumped).