Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMERICANS ALL THINK OZ IS KWELL !!!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    And, of course, add in that most Americans have never been out of the country at all... (depending on the survey, it's 10 to 15 % have travelled overseas).

I take your point about Americans not tending to travel overseas very much. I've spent many years living in Australia and England and I have to admit I've only ever come across a handful of Americans. The Brits and Australians love to travel abroad. In both countries there is a custom where at the end of their University studies, young people take a year or two off to trek through far away places. It strange that Americans don't seem to be very interested in taking holidays in different countries and exploring different cultures ? Then again, America is (geographically) a big country; you have lots of great cities/attractions/beautiful landscapes to visit in the US; also I have been told that each state very much has its own unique culture/social manners and mores? So just travelling within America you would be able to experience a great diversity of interesting homegrown cultures ? The Americans that I have met were all pretty young (in their 20's) and, I would say, very patriotic - proud of their country; so maybe that's another factor, another reason why most of you Yankees like to stay at home ?

BTW, remember I only said that I was referring to the results a large survey that was conducted in America. I have no idea, really, why so many who took part singled out Australia as their favourite nation outside the US (?)

Dachshund

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Who are you to speak for all Americans? Try speaking for yourself.
    Is he American? I thought this troll wasn’t from here.