Thread: American Federal Debt To Absolutely SOAR

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default American Federal Debt To Absolutely SOAR

You think it's bad now, wait till the coming budget showdown.

Revenue is insufficient to cover expenses.

Tax hikes are indicated but Republicans will block that.

All the Republican deficit hawks are on their way back from their long hiatus.

They will refuse to do anything about the imbalanced budget, and then blame Biden for it.

Wait for it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-19-2020), evince (11-07-2020), PostmodernProphet (11-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can't see any way around this.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

They will refuse to do anything about the imbalanced budget, and then blame Biden for it.

Wait for it.
    I hear by propose that when Congress cannot come up with a budget that the president will sign, their pay is the very first one cut, and in addition each congressional member shall be fined $1,000 a day until the president signs it!

We've cleaned up the WHITE HOUSE now- TIME TO CLEAN UP CONGRESS!

I also propose that Congress shall not be allowed to borrow any more money from the Social Security fund ever again and that they have to pay the funds already borrowed back in the very next budget!

I am sick and tired of these punk ass REPUBLICANS continuing to borrow money from SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS to get budgets passed, and then try to cut Social Security funding at the same time all in the same breath
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 11-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-07-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I’m not trying an a*hole saying this but I honestly think you are just trolling.

The whole premise behind the Goldman Sachs report that board liberals posted multiple times was if Biden won and Democrats won the Senate there would be trillions in fiscal stimulus. And now you’re complaining that the debt is going to SOAR because we won’t pass that level of stimulus?!

Maybe this is the common core math people talk about, I’m not sure.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Matt Dillon (11-07-2020), PostmodernProphet (11-14-2020), Saudade (11-07-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 Times in 7,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

If we successfully support the two Democrats in the Georgia runoffs, Republicans will block nothing.
    The filibuster will be history, regardless of whether or not that's a good idea.
    If Kamala gets to be vote #51, we'll be OK.
    If not, we'll have elephant trunks stuffed up our asses.
    It's that simple. And it should be that simple to recognize.

Real debate occurs all on only one side of the aisle.
    Debate requires stipulation.
    We're sufficiently polarized that there are no stipulations between parties to allow debate.
    Those Georgia runoffs are EVERYTHING.
    It's either two Democratic wins in Georgia or continued national misery for all decent people..
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Frank Apisa (11-14-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (11-14-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

We can handle debt

We could not handle a putin butt boy for four more years

The Republican Party will still have to shill to Donny

They destroyed the party

Trump longer cares wether republicans get elected.

But he still owns their base

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Geeko Sportivo,

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I hear by propose that when Congress cannot come up with a budget that the president will sign, their pay is the very first one cut, and in addition each congressional member shall be fined $1,000 a day until the president signs it!

We've cleaned up the WHITE HOUSE now- TIME TO CLEAN UP CONGRESS!

I also propose that Congress shall not be allowed to borrow any more money from the Social Security fund ever again and that they have to pay the funds already borrowed back in the very next budget!

I am sick and tired of these punk ass REPUBLICANS continuing to borrow money from SOCIAL SECURITY FUNDS to get budgets passed, and then try to cut Social Security funding at the same time all in the same breath
    It makes perfect sense to punish Congress for failing us.

Only one problem.

To do that we have to get Congress to sign off on being responsible.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (11-07-2020)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I’m not trying an a*hole saying this but I honestly think you are just trolling.

The whole premise behind the Goldman Sachs report that board liberals posted multiple times was if Biden won and Democrats won the Senate there would be trillions in fiscal stimulus. And now you’re complaining that the debt is going to SOAR because we won’t pass that level of stimulus?!

Maybe this is the common core math people talk about, I’m not sure.
    Not talking about the stimulus but since you brought it up that will only make the budget imbalance worse than it is already.

And America sorely needs the stimulus.

Only half of the 22 million jobs lost to the coronavirus have been regained.

Lotta rents and mortgages going unpaid.

Trump leaves a fiscal mess.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

Not talking about the stimulus but since you brought it up that will only make the budget imbalance worse than it is already.

And America sorely needs the stimulus.

Only half of the 22 million jobs lost to the coronavirus have been regained.

Lotta rents and mortgages going unpaid.

Trump leaves a fiscal mess.
    How can talk about federal debt and not discuss trillions in potential (stimulus) spending? Where do you think that money would come from?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (11-14-2020), Saudade (11-07-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello NiftyNiblick,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    If we successfully support the two Democrats in the Georgia runoffs, Republicans will block nothing.
    The filibuster will be history, regardless of whether or not that's a good idea.
    If Kamala gets to be vote #51, we'll be OK.
    If not, we'll have elephant trunks stuffed up our asses.
    It's that simple. And it should be that simple to recognize.

Real debate occurs all on only one side of the aisle.
    Debate requires stipulation.
    We're sufficiently polarized that there are no stipulations between parties to allow debate.
    Those Georgia runoffs are EVERYTHING.
    It's either two Democratic wins in Georgia or continued national misery for all decent people..
    Sorry, that's not going to happen.

The only one with a remote chance is Ossoff. He came close to defeating Perdue.

The other one is already lost. The Republican candidates split the vote. Only one of them advances to the runoff. If all, or even most of, those Republican votes go for the one Republican in the runoff the Dem doesn't stand a chance.

And since there is no presidential choice as a motivator, the Dem turnout will diminish, not get the needed increase to push Ossoff over.

I'll contribute but I don't think it will help.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

How can talk about federal debt and not discuss trillions in potential (stimulus) spending? Where do you think that money would come from?
    It will be borrowed just like much of the budget.

That is why we need more revenue and that means taxing the rich more. Nobody else has the money.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello cawacko,

It will be borrowed just like much of the budget.

That is why we need more revenue and that means taxing the rich more. Nobody else has the money.
    Dude, you can’t raise taxes high enough to cover all the spending they’re talking about.

It’s like the person who gets a raise, then goes out and buys a new car and new home and is in bigger debt.

If you want trillions in stimulus spending it’s all going to be borrowed I.e. debt. So yeah, it you actually care about the federal debt you better hope either they don’t do it or it’s nowhere near as big as they are talking.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Matt Dillon (11-07-2020), Saudade (11-07-2020)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Wait for it.
    They need to stop that talk about $trillions for stimulus checks and reduce spending.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They need to stop that talk about $trillions for stimulus checks and reduce spending.
    He wants taxes raised, which is his right to support that position, but he hides behind a faux concern for the debt. There’s zero concern for spending or desire to cut spending, it’s simply a desire to raise taxes.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

He wants taxes raised, which is his right to support that position, but he hides behind a faux concern for the debt. There’s zero concern for spending or desire to cut spending, it’s simply a desire to raise taxes.
    I understand. I was just giving him a different path to prevent increasing deficits/debt. I think PoliTalker wants more taxes and more spending.