Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Time To Recognize Who We Are; Reunite America

1. #556 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

There will always be those that will not accept it, for good, bad or ugly..

Had trump won they would not accept it, now that he lost they will not either..........

No, it did not take them long if you look were they actually started from-the ending of the cult of Mao.......

It isn't just not being #1, it means much more.....

They, not us, will set the world standards & rules to play by..

They, like us will make them to suit their economy, NOT THE USA........

THat they would exploit every advantage @ every opportunity is a given & they, like us will sanction whom they chose, for the reasons they chose & they will have the muscle to force it, while we will gradually lose that leverage........
    I could go on & on, & on.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #557 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    There will always be those that will not accept it, for good, bad or ugly..

Had trump won they would not accept it, now that he lost they will not either..........

No, it did not take them long if you look were they actually started from-the ending of the cult of Mao.......

It isn't just not being #1, it means much more.....

They, not us, will set the world standards & rules to play by..

They, like us will make them to suit their economy, NOT THE USA........

THat they would exploit every advantage @ every opportunity is a given & they, like us will sanction whom they chose, for the reasons they chose & they will have the muscle to force it, while we will gradually lose that leverage........
    I could go on & on, & on.........
    The UK went through that in WWII.

Now it is time for the USA to come of age.

It will be survivable, different.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #558 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

The UK went through that in WWII.

It will be survivable, different.
    Thanks.....

I am sure you can see some of the differences here so I won't go over them, other than this: The USA is not the UK.. They were broke, we are not, @ least yet, but we will see how much money Biden will spend that we don't have.

Additionally After the war the UK was not a superPower, we are still a superPower-china is not.....

Most dominate powers are not willing to accept their inevitable secondary status and are willing to go to war to preserve it... I see the USA/Americans as no different
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #559 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks.....

I am sure you can see some of the differences here so I won't go over them, other than this: The USA is not the UK.. They were broke, we are not, @ least yet, but we will see how much money Biden will spend that we don't have.

Additionally After the war the UK was not a superPower, we are still a superPower-china is not.....

Most dominate powers are not willing to accept their inevitable secondary status and are willing to go to war to preserve it... I see the USA/Americans as no different
    That depends on the powers to be.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #560 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

come of age........how?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #561 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

& also china........

Thus far they have taken smaller, incremental steps but under the current regime they have started taking bigger steps & pushing back more......

They have American politicians under sanction, a few million Muslims in prison, just took hong kong cause they could & inked the largest trade deal in history.

You would think the great deal maker would have gotten that greatest deal in history?? No, he was the one that got the hill of beans from the Chinese......

4 more years of this genius @ the helm & we would all be learning Mandarin in our free time.........

7. #562 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

& also china........

Thus far they have taken smaller, incremental steps but under the current regime they have started taking bigger steps & pushing back more......

They have American politicians under sanction, a few million Muslims in prison, just took hong kong cause they could & inked the largest trade deal in history.

You would think the great deal maker would have gotten that greatest deal in history?? No, he was the one that got the hill of beans from the Chinese......

4 more years of this genius @ the helm & we would all be learning Mandarin in our free time.........
    Mandarin.

Hmmm.

Well, the thing is, China is so vast they never really all adopted one language.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for them. They just keep growing and improving their lifestyles.

(with certain ethnic exceptions)

And we used to be so worried about speaking only English.

I guess the Republican party has moved on to other dog whistle issues...

8. #563 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Mandarin.

Hmmm.

Well, the thing is, China is so vast they never really all adopted one language.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for them. They just keep growing and improving their lifestyles.

(with certain ethnic exceptions)

And we used to be so worried about speaking only English.

I guess the Republican party has moved on to other dog whistle issues...
    China isn't a lot bigger than the USA geographically & much of that is desert & above the tree line......

The reasons they never came under one language was resistance, not geography.. (Writing was the same, pronounced differently=same meaning)

Now everyone is forced to learn the northern dialect, we'll see if they are successful this time..

That is the key the CCP has used to push society in the directions they want them to go & it is so much more effective then the force/violence of the past..

9. #564 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

China isn't a lot bigger than the USA geographically & much of that is desert & above the tree line......

The reasons they never came under one language was resistance, not geography.. (Writing was the same, pronounced differently=same meaning)

Now everyone is forced to learn the northern dialect, we'll see if they are successful this time..

That is the key the CCP has used to push society in the directions they want them to go & it is so much more effective then the force/violence of the past..
    5 million square miles vs 4 million, yeah, I always thought it was a larger difference.

Well, communism does have it's long term advantages for a nation. I don't think that translates into advantages for people. It certainly stymies creativity and freedom.

10. #565 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5 million square miles vs 4 million, yeah, I always thought it was a larger difference.

Well, communism does have it's long term advantages for a nation. I don't think that translates into advantages for people. It certainly stymies creativity and freedom.
    For most of the nation there quality of life, materially is superior to what it was 30 years ago, even twenty..... That is why they are buying in......

Maintaining it is the real task.

Raising/rising expectations need to be met

11. #566 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The election is over.

Our nation has been torn apart by very different ideas. Not only do Americans disagree on what our government should do, we don't even agree on basic facts. That is because we now get our information from two entirely different streams of non-overlapping sources.

We are really two nations sharing one government and one land.

If that is not difficult enough, we have a lot of forces seeking to keep this division as polarized as possible, making great profits from whipping up hatred, and dehumanizing 'the other side.'

There is no pretending that we only disagree during election season and then go back to 'normal life' afterwards any more. It's like we are in constant election season and it never ends.

The best thing we can do is recognize that our fellow Americans do not share our beliefs but they do share our country.

We know that we have to live together.

The best thing we can do is to remember that we must share this country, and resign ourselves to accepting that it takes all of us to make America what it is.

Bitter hatred and disrespect is not helpful at all, accomplishes nothing, makes us dysfunctional.

We have big enough differences without adding hatred on top of everything else. We have to try to rise above that.

Our challenge is rediscover respect for one another.

If America is really great then part of that has to mean we respect all Americans. A hateful and bitterly divided nation cannot be great.

David Brooks:

"Well, if ever there was a campaign that was going to be a blowout, I thought this was it. I thought we had an unpopular president that people were ready to get rid of. I expected a large margin. And I was wrong. It's a 2.8 percentage margin nationally.

And so I think what we have learned is that we a very evenly divided nation, two groups of people in non-overlapping universes. For a time, it seemed — and I think people in both camps thought, well, the people on my team could eventually crush the people on the other team, and my team will get to rule.

I think we now have to face reality. That's just never going to happen. The other side is never going to go away. And we have got to find a way to live with each other.

And so, to me, that's the biggest takeaway of where we are right now."

That's the tone of this excellent discussion of where we stand as a nation:

Shields and Brooks on PBS Newshour
    No. Too soon. They need to kneel and kiss ass.

12. #567 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

The election is over.

Our nation has been torn apart by very different ideas. Not only do Americans disagree on what our government should do, we don't even agree on basic facts. That is because we now get our information from two entirely different streams of non-overlapping sources.

We are really two nations sharing one government and one land.

If that is not difficult enough, we have a lot of forces seeking to keep this division as polarized as possible, making great profits from whipping up hatred, and dehumanizing 'the other side.'

There is no pretending that we only disagree during election season and then go back to 'normal life' afterwards any more. It's like we are in constant election season and it never ends.

The best thing we can do is recognize that our fellow Americans do not share our beliefs but they do share our country.

We know that we have to live together.

The best thing we can do is to remember that we must share this country, and resign ourselves to accepting that it takes all of us to make America what it is.

Bitter hatred and disrespect is not helpful at all, accomplishes nothing, makes us dysfunctional.

We have big enough differences without adding hatred on top of everything else. We have to try to rise above that.

Our challenge is rediscover respect for one another.

If America is really great then part of that has to mean we respect all Americans. A hateful and bitterly divided nation cannot be great.

David Brooks:

"Well, if ever there was a campaign that was going to be a blowout, I thought this was it. I thought we had an unpopular president that people were ready to get rid of. I expected a large margin. And I was wrong. It's a 2.8 percentage margin nationally.

And so I think what we have learned is that we a very evenly divided nation, two groups of people in non-overlapping universes. For a time, it seemed — and I think people in both camps thought, well, the people on my team could eventually crush the people on the other team, and my team will get to rule.

I think we now have to face reality. That's just never going to happen. The other side is never going to go away. And we have got to find a way to live with each other.

And so, to me, that's the biggest takeaway of where we are right now."

That's the tone of this excellent discussion of where we stand as a nation:

Shields and Brooks on PBS Newshour
    You're 4 years too late. Try another idea.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

13. #568 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Have you wondered who has been acting president for the last few months? Trump has not really been doing the job in the past. He appointed judges that the Federalist Society gave him, hundreds of them. But the last few months he has golfed and ignored his job, However, a few days ago 9 powerful civilians employed in the pentagon were replaced. Does anyone think Trump has a clue who they were and what they did? Whose idea was that? Is McConnell doing that. There have been other moves made during the last few weeks. Trump just signed the paperwork at the 10th hole. Who is the president now?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-08-2020)

15. #569 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stretch kiss my ass now. Kneel and kiss, I will forgive you.

16. #570 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

For most of the nation there quality of life, materially is superior to what it was 30 years ago, even twenty..... That is why they are buying in......

Maintaining it is the real task.

Raising/rising expectations need to be met
    Certainly, they have learned the same thing we are trying to learn.

The most effective economy at raising the average standard of living is a mixture of well-regulated capitalism and socialism.