Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Trump's presidency be remembered? Name three things.

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I read the Tweets, hated them. But saying "Trump did this" doesn't change that buyden didn't have a plan until after Trump's plan, and his plan simply repeated Trump's actually implemented plan. It was inane.
    Biden isn't President, wasn't President in January 2020, wasn't President in April, and won't be President until January 2021.

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's failure.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just repeating that doesn't change that it is happening
    You're the one repeating things, pal.

And what is happening is 100% the responsibility of the President, not the guy who was running for President in April.

Biden had nothing to do with the poor choices you and Trump made during this crisis. He doesn't hold elected office, and didn't hold elected office in April. He was in the position where he could stand and snipe at Trump's poor response because Trump's response was fucking poor.

But I find it interesting how you are trying your hardest to shift the conversation from Trump's failures to what candidate Biden was saying or doing in April, before he even had the Democratic nomination in hand. That's by design because you don't want to admit that Trump, and by extension you, have failed at everything. Everything.

Personally I have never liked Drumpf, everything I say is said even though I dislike him.
    NOPE. NICE TRY. YOUR LIFEBOAT HAS BEEN BURNED. You get to own Trump now and forever. His baggage is your baggage to toil.

He will be gone one day, but the stink he left on you will last your lifetime.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL. Not thanks to me... that's just funny.

Anyway, the reality is: buyden already failed at pandemic and when called to the carpet cheated on the test and copied from the nearest leader repeating his plan after it was already implemented. No matter how many times you tell me that the other plan sucked it just means he copied a sucky answer.
    What was Trump's plan? Seriously, what was it? And if it was such a good plan, how come 250,000+ people have died and 11.5M have been infected?

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

1. best US economy ever pre-COVID ( wage gains across the board, household income up $6500, record low unemployment for minorities )

2. "v"-shaped recovery

3. two vaccines within a year!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Into the Night (11-23-2020)

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    1. best US economy ever pre-COVID ( wage gains across the board, household income up $6500, record low unemployment for minorities )

2. "v"-shaped recovery

I would like to add to that:

A) Proved there is indeed a mental health crisis with Democrats.
    B) Proved there is a testosterone shortage among Democrat males.
    C) Proved that there is a severe lack of intelligence and education among most Democrats.

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    It was xenophobic because it had 40,000 American exceptions, and it did nothing to stop travelers from China from going to another country that didn't have a ban on travel, and then coming to the US that way. At least 400,000 people did it that way since the start of the pandemic. None of them were tested or traced.
    those were American dependents - did you want to leave them stuck in China

So you want tracing from other countries not banned that may have let China travels in before they came to the USA?
    That is impossible to trace /do

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-20-2020), Into the Night (11-23-2020)

9. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Biden isn't President, wasn't President in January 2020, wasn't President in April, and won't be President until January 2021.

Biden has nothing to do with Trump's failure.
    Other than buyden copied Trump's answer to that pandemic test I would generally agree.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-20-2020)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Into the Night (11-23-2020)

12. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

those were American dependents - did you want to leave them stuck in Chinao
    So in your own lying, dishonest way you're trying to conflate the 40,000 American loopholes (virtually none of whom were tested, screened, or traced) with the 400,000 travelers who came from China by way of another country to circumvent the ban. Virtually none of those 400,000 people were tested, screened, or traced either.

So you want tracing from other countries not banned that may have let China travels in before they came to the USA?
    That is impossible to trace /do
    No, it's not. South Korea did it. New Zealand did it. Australia did it. Vietnam did it. Taiwan did it.

You didn't want to do it because you didn't want to admit that this was serious because that would mean Trump dropped the ball and since you live vicariously through him, his failures are also your failures.

That's why you personally spent the first four months of this year downplaying the virus and lying about it.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-20-2020)

14. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL. Not thanks to me... that's just funny.
    Yes, thanks to you. You had a personal hand in spreading COVID lies and misinformation on JPP. So you bear as much responsibility for this crisis as Trump. And you will continue to bear that responsibility even after Trump is gone.

No lifeboats.

15. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anyway, the reality is: buyden already failed at pandemic and when called to the carpet cheated on the test and copied from the nearest leader repeating his plan after it was already implemented. No matter how many times you tell me that the other plan sucked it just means he copied a sucky answer.
    Biden isn't President, wasn't President in April, wasn't President in January, and won't be President until January next year.

So whatever Biden said or did has no bearing on Trump's poor response that you encouraged, supported, and defended since the start.

16. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Other than buyden copied Trump's answer to that pandemic test I would generally agree.
    You and Trump's answer to the pandemic was to downplay it, go golfing, and leave the responsibility up to the governors.

That is not Joe Biden's plan.

17. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Pretty sure Joe Biden's pandemic plan didn't include getting sick himself.

18. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is a lie.

Before COVID, the economy entered a recession:

It's official: Recession began in February, ending longest U.S. expansion ever
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-...rted-february/

Manufacturing was in a recession for all of 2019:

U.S. manufacturing was in a mild recession during 2019, a sore spot for the economy
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-spot-economy/

Trump's annual GDP growth has never topped Obama's best mark. Trump also created fewer jobs in his first three years than Obama did in his last three.

The economy is currently 11% behind because of the recession, and the size of the economy today is what it was back in 2018.

And what's the unemployment rate now? And Trump had nothing to do with lowering that rate and there are now currently 30M unemployed, with 25M of them filing continuing jobless claims, and the other 5M HAVE SIMPLY GIVEN UP LOOKING FOR WORK.

All he had to do was babysit Obama's economic recovery and he couldn't even do that.

Household income was up $6,500 only because of income gains at the top. Wages have remained stagnant for everyone else, except for those whose minimum wages were raised by over 20 states the last three years. Remind me, who opposes raising the minimum wage? Oh right, you do.

19. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

2. "v"-shaped recovery
    Trump lost...you don't need to keep lying about the recovery.

This week, 700,000 people filed for unemployment.

We are not in any recovery state and we will see 200,000 new cases a day by December.

This is all because you couldn't control your lying earlier this year.

Also, if you go down 33%, then up 33%, you're still 11% behind because, math. I know math and counting are challenging things for Conservatives....
    Last edited by LV426; 11-20-2020 at 08:38 AM.

20. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nope. We're not getting a vaccine until at least the Spring of 2021, and even then, it's efficacy will be questionable because of how it was rushed through trials and approvals. it's just another "magic bullet", like hydroxy, like drinking bleach, like shining a lightbulb up your ass, etc.

Its being rushed because Conservatives don't want to admit that to control the spread, we can't wait for a vaccine, we must lock down, shelter-in-place, and mandate masks.

You don't want to do that because it would be an admission of failure on your part for not taking this virus seriously and lying about it from the start.

Even today, 11 months later, you're still lying about the virus.