Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Trump's presidency be remembered? Name three things.

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Thankfully we didn't have buyden out there making sure we all had travel between China and the US while failing at doing anything but repeating Trump's plan after it was implemented.
    So a few things about this bullshit:

1. Trump was one of the LAST leaders to put a "travel ban" on China.

2. Once that "ban" was in place, 40,000+ people came into the country from China, weren't tested, weren't screened, weren't traced, and weren't mandated to go into quarantine.

3. Most of the infected came from Europe, not China...that's why NYC was a hotspot at the beginning...travel from Europe, which Trump was also slow to ban. Instead, European countries banned *us*.

4. His ban was xenophobic because he made exceptions for US citizens. And it didn't work anyway because travelers from China would just travel to a country that DIDN'T have a ban from the US, and they'd get into the US that way. 400,000 people have come from China since the start of this pandemic in that manner. None of them were tested or quarantined.

5. By the time the travel ban went into effect it was already too late; the virus was here, undetected, and spreading uncontrolled.

6. From January through February, Trump was on TV and on Twitter singing Xi's and China's praises...tweeting that they had it under control, were doing a good job, etc. If you want me to post the tweets, I can. But I'm sure you've seen them already. So why was Trump fawning over Xi for the first two months of this year???? Could his secret Chinese bank account have something to do with it?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,229 Times in 6,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Again. I am not assuming it, I am actually watching it happen before my very eyes. FDA approval of no less than two vaccines is approaching before the end of this year.

I didn't "throw it away" and that playbook used with H1N1 simply failed, per buyden's own Chief of Staff.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...1-virus-232992

Anyway, buyden's plan followed Trump's plan in every way, it even recognized the need to shut down travel... In April... after the cat would have long been out of that bag.

buyden's a bag of fail in a Presumptive President-elect costume. It is my opinion that he'll be able to fool you and a few folks that believe only what their confirmation bias tells them for about 3 months before you start just lying to cover up how embarrassed you are. A 47 year track record of fail and plagiarism.. you can put lipstick on that pig, but it will still be drunk grandpa.
    Cliches.

I wasn't excited about Biden the candidate. As President Elect, he has shown me much more.

We have seen more calm leadership, empathy and general "Presidential skills" the past week+ than we have in 4 years. He's pulling together a smart team of people who are actually experienced and qualified, and handling Trump's tantrum like a pro.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

Port Tack (11-23-2020)

4. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You do not know if warp speed did anything. That is a brazen assumption. The manufacturers said it did not. They would not streamline any processes to accommodate Trump's political needs. The first one was made on Germany where Trump and warp had no impact.
    I know for a fact that it took what is normally an average of 8 year process (10 if you go by the article I posted earlier) and turned it into approval pending in less than 7 months...

that is not assumption, it is real, factual, and it happened before your very eyes. And Warp Speed did too have an impact, phase 3 testing happened here, in the US in less than 5 months after implementation because of the regulatory burden removed from their path and for no other reason. Without Warp Speed we'd still be waiting for phase 2 testing regardless of how effective it would be. As part of Warp Speed it pre paid for doses to be manufactured as it went through testing so that there would be an immediate impact with doses ready to be delivered immediately after approval. (rehashing this thread, because you apparently can't read).

The reality is we would not be seeing two of these vaccines ready to go by the end of this year without Warp Speed even if they did not take government grants which is the only part of Warp Speed that Pfizer didn't benefit from.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

dukkha (11-19-2020)

6. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fast tracking testing, tracing, and fast tracking a vaccine... All part of Presumptive President Elect buyden's "Plan" all were already implemented by Trump before he wrote the "plan" in March.
    Oy vey...

There has never been a national fast-tracking testing or tracing in the US. The reason is because Trump is too lazy and disinterested to care...that's why he ceded all those responsibilities on the individual states and governors instead of taking a strong federal approach like Obama did when Ebola and Zika came to our shores.

Biden's plan has one major difference with Trump's; it's not political.

7. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We will have an effective and safe vaccine before the end of this year because of Warp Speed, even though you really hate the man who implemented it.
    No we won't. We're not getting any vaccine until the Spring, at best. And even then, it's questionable.

I know you so very badly want this vaccine to magically appear and for it to be effective, because you need to credit Trump with some kind of victory from this disaster of a Presidency, no matter how pyrrhic it may be.

8. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So a few things about this bullshit:

1. Trump was one of the LAST leaders to put a "travel ban" on China.
    Yet your beloved drunken grandpa told us that it was Xenophobia to even think about that ban and only recognized that the BAN was necessary in April... more than 3 months AFTER it was implemented.

2. Once that "ban" was in place, 40,000+ people came into the country from China, weren't tested, weren't screened, weren't traced, and weren't mandated to go into quarantine.

3. Most of the infected came from Europe, not China...that's why NYC was a hotspot at the beginning...travel from Europe, which Trump was also slow to ban. Instead, European countries banned *us*.
    Now this is inane BS. Europe was upset because the ban hammer came down on travel from Europe without Consultation with them. They did not implement travel bans first like you pretend.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-of-travel-ban

Notice how there were folks left stranded in the US as our ban went both ways...

For example: "Sitting at Atlanta airport after abandoning my flight to France late last night," tweeted reporter Jennifer Berry Hawes of Charleston, S.C.'s The Post and Courier.

4. His ban was xenophobic because he made exceptions for US citizens. And it didn't work anyway because travelers from China would just travel to a country that DIDN'T have a ban from the US, and they'd get into the US that way. 400,000 people have come from China since the start of this pandemic in that manner. None of them were tested or quarantined.
    Which doesn't change that even buyden recognized it was necessary, 3 months later after that cat would have been long out of the bag.

5. By the time the travel ban went into effect it was already too late; the virus was here, undetected, and spreading uncontrolled.
    Yet it still would have been worse if we waited until April like buyden wanted.

6. From January through February, Trump was on TV and on Twitter singing Xi's and China's praises...tweeting that they had it under control, were doing a good job, etc. If you want me to post the tweets, I can. But I'm sure you've seen them already. So why was Trump fawning over Xi for the first two months of this year???? Could his secret Chinese bank account have something to do with it?
    I read the Tweets, hated them. But saying "Trump did this" doesn't change that buyden didn't have a plan until after Trump's plan, and his plan simply repeated Trump's actually implemented plan. It was inane.

Nor does it change the truth... Warp Speed gave us vaccines in record time.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oy vey...

There has never been a national fast-tracking testing or tracing in the US. The reason is because Trump is too lazy and disinterested to care...that's why he ceded all those responsibilities on the individual states and governors instead of taking a strong federal approach like Obama did when Ebola and Zika came to our shores.

Biden's plan has one major difference with Trump's; it's not political.
    Just repeating that doesn't change that it is happening, nor does it change the three things I pointed out as three of the things that Trump will be remembered for. LOL. This has gone well off the topic. Nor will it change your mind as it does not fit within your confirmation bias. Personally I have never liked Trump, everything I say is said even though I dislike him.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again. I am not assuming it, I am actually watching it happen before my very eyes. FDA approval of no less than two vaccines is approaching before the end of this year.
    *Rushed approvals. I'm not taking a vaccine that's been rushed through the approval process to feed Trump's ego, and I think tens of millions of other people (80M at least, to be sure) feel the same.

I didn't "throw it away" and that playbook used with H1N1 simply failed, per buyden's own Chief of Staff.
    Wow, you're fucking stupid and ill-informed.

So H1N1 hit in 2009 and in 2009, Obama was using Bush the Dumber's (you remember him? He was your favorite President before Trump came along and you got Bushnesia) pandemic playbook that they developed after SARS. After H1N1, the Obama Administration was so rattled by the pandemic that they threw Bush the Dumber's playbook out and created a brand new one. That brand new playbook was put into effect when Ebola came to our shores in 2014, and then it was used again when Zika came in 2015.

So now you're conflating playbooks and messing up the timeline because, in true Conservative fashion, you sloppily and hastily respond to a thread which has the only effect of eroding our trust in you.

If you cannot get the basic timeline right, how the fuck are you expected to get the vaccine timeline right? I mean shit, dude...you're really fucking off.

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Anyway, buyden's plan followed Trump's plan in every way, it even recognized the need to shut down travel... In April... after the cat would have long been out of that bag.
    No it didn't. Not at all. It's the same in that it's a plan, but that's it. Trump didn't have a plan. His plan was to cede responsibility to governors. That's why we have a pandemic now.

All thanks to you.

12. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

buyden's a bag of fail in a Presumptive President-elect costume. It is my opinion that he'll be able to fool you and a few folks that believe only what their confirmation bias tells them for about 3 months before you start just lying to cover up how embarrassed you are. A 47 year track record of fail and plagiarism.. you can put lipstick on that pig, but it will still be drunk grandpa.
    250,000+ people have died, 30M have lost their jobs, 25M have lost their health care, and 11.5M now have a preexisting condition because you and Trump couldn't stop lying.

13. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No it didn't. Not at all. It's the same in that it's a plan, but that's it. Trump didn't have a plan. His plan was to cede responsibility to governors. That's why we have a pandemic now.

All thanks to you.
    LOL. Not thanks to me... that's just funny.

Anyway, the reality is: buyden already failed at pandemic and when called to the carpet cheated on the test and copied from the nearest leader repeating his plan after it was already implemented. No matter how many times you tell me that the other plan sucked it just means he copied a sucky answer.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet your beloved drunken grandpa told us that it was Xenophobia to even think about that ban and only recognized that the BAN was necessary in April... more than 3 months AFTER it was implemented.
    It was xenophobic because it had 40,000 American exceptions, and it did nothing to stop travelers from China from going to another country that didn't have a ban on travel, and then coming to the US that way. At least 400,000 people did it that way since the start of the pandemic. None of them were tested or traced.

15. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now this is inane BS. Europe was upset because the ban hammer came down on travel from Europe without Consultation with them. They did not implement travel bans first like you pretend.
    Right, Trump erratically and frantically tried to shut down travel, and didn't end up being able to do so! Remember those lines of panicked Americans at European airports? Then he started carving out countries he was friendly with, like the UK, which was one of the worst hit COVID countries in all of Europe.

For example: "Sitting at Atlanta airport after abandoning my flight to France late last night," tweeted reporter Jennifer Berry Hawes of Charleston, S.C.'s The Post and Courier.
    Yeah, it was a fucking disaster that came too late to have any true effect. So I don't know why you think it's something to praise Trump over. You're literally saying what a disaster it was because it wasn't thought through, despite you saying earlier that Trump's been on top of this from the start. Obviously, he hasn't.

16. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Which doesn't change that even buyden recognized it was necessary, 3 months later after that cat would have been long out of the bag.
    Biden isn't President, wasn't President in April, and won't be President until January, so he has nothing to do with Trump's failed response on COVID.

17. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet it still would have been worse if we waited until April like buyden wanted.
    There wouldn't have been a pandemic to ban travel for if Biden was President because he would have used the playbook they used for Ebola and Zika and contained this thing before it had a chance to spread.

He would have taken this seriously in 2019, when POTUS was first briefed of it.

Travel bans and the like wouldn't have been necessary, not even a consideration because a Biden Administration wouldn't have tried to downplay the virus, and would have contained it early on, like what we did with Ebola and Zika 5-6 years ago.