Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP RIGHT AGAIN: HOSPTIALS ARE GETTING MORE $$ FROM MEDICAID FOR COVID PATIENTS

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beijing Buyden View Post
    Doctors are paid by hospitals

But go ahead and split that hair

ROFLMAO

this is old news

I was posting about this in the beginning of the Wu Flu
    Doctors employed by the hospital are paid by the hospital. The rest are basically free agents. Doctor-employees have become a thing over recent years. Mostly as an escape from malpractice costs.

And yeah, this is old news. It’s a wide open door for Medicare fraud and anyone who thinks coding for COVID patients isn’t being taken advantage of for monetary gain is naive. Or maybe just an idiot.

The second open door is the PCR testing. A sweet little set up would be a hospital coordinating with a lab and ‘asking them to maybe run a few more cycles’ so as to spit out a higher rate of false positives.

If the nursing home resident up on 2 West is actually on the vent for the flu, it’s not like it’s going to hurt anyone if their PCR test is cycled 40 times to wring a positive COVID test out of it. Not like the government is going to come check on it. Family won’t know any better and the hospital could sure use the money.

In fact, maybe that’s where all the flu cases went to. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

ExpressLane (11-01-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Oh MANY docs take care of their own patients. Hospitalist do take care of some patients as do ER docs and Trauma surgeons. All of which are paid by hospitals.(all compensated by hospitals) But OBGYN, General surgeons , internists nephrologists, anesthesiologists, cardio thoracic surgeons ENTs etc etc all see their own patients in many hospitals.
    It has become less and less

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Doctors employed by the hospital are paid by the hospital. The rest are basically free agents. Doctor-employees have become a thing over recent years. Mostly as an escape from malpractice costs.

And yeah, this is old news. It’s a wide open door for Medicare fraud and anyone who thinks coding for COVID patients isn’t being taken advantage of for monetary gain is naive. Or maybe just an idiot.

The second open door is the PCR testing. A sweet little set up would be a hospital coordinating with a lab and ‘asking them to maybe run a few more cycles’ so as to spit out a higher rate of false positives.

If the nursing home resident up on 2 West is actually on the vent for the flu, it’s not like it’s going to hurt anyone if their PCR test is cycled 40 times to wring a positive COVID test out of it. Not like the government is going to come check on it. Family won’t know any better and the hospital could sure use the money.

In fact, maybe that’s where all the flu cases went to. Wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
    Amazing how the flu and pneumonia disappeared isn’t it?

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is, I don’t buy the ‘because of mitigation’ excuse for a minute.

I’ve been saying some of this is going to get a hard look at some point.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

I've never had a "mode" of trying to defend every outrageous thing a President says.

I can't really relate to it.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I've never had a "mode" of trying to defend every outrageous thing a President says.

I can't really relate to it.
    If you want to wring up some anti-Trump points, go for it.

But the real issue is COVID diagnoses have been incentivized by the government.

Straight up, it’s a recipe for fraud.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Maybe in your house, not in the real world. I see ads all the time telling one to be sure and get their flu/pneumonia shots. One article in the Saturday Evening Post is stating that it actually helps to prevent dementia. Perhaps you should get a couple.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 6,872 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

If you want to wring up some anti-Trump points, go for it.

But the real issue is COVID diagnoses have been incentivized by the government.

Trump disparaged brave, hard-working people who are on the front lines. Once again.

It's inexcusable, so you shouldn't excuse it.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Maybe in your house, not in the real world. I see ads all the time telling one to be sure and get their flu/pneumonia shots. One article in the Saturday Evening Post is stating that it actually helps to prevent dementia. Perhaps you should get a couple.
    Perhaps you should learn how to read dumb fuck

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As has been the medical system in the US for at least 3 decades I know of. And no one, especially trump and the Repugnant ones, seem to be able to find a way to fix it. 60-70 attempts by your gawds to repeal Obamacare, and still no plan to replace it with.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Trump disparaged brave, hard-working people who are on the front lines. Once again.

It's inexcusable, so you shouldn't excuse it.
    You scored your points lol.

What do you think of the fraud potential angle? Think it might relate to some of our COVID numbers? Isn’t that maybe more important than doctor feels?

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Perhaps you should learn how to read dumb fuck
    You ought to learn how to take your own advice asswipe.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You ought to learn how to take your own advice asswipe.
    Boo boo fuck head

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You scored your points lol.

What do you think of the fraud potential angle? Think it might relate to some of our COVID numbers? Isn’t that maybe more important than doctor feels?
    When you get some actual proof post it. Until then it is just another right wing lie.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As has been the medical system in the US for at least 3 decades I know of. And no one, especially trump and the Repugnant ones, seem to be able to find a way to fix it. 60-70 attempts by your gawds to repeal Obamacare, and still no plan to replace it with.
    It’s not a concern since I retired lol.

But Obama and the Democrats jacked-up my deductibles when I had private insurance. They went from manageable straight to absurd. I suggest scrapping it and starting over.

Id further suggest opening up the market and force insurers to compete across state lines. Just for giggles to see what would happen to prices.