Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default 100,000 New Cases In One Day. 17,000 in Serious Or Critical

On Friday Oct 30 2020:

New Cases +101,461

Active Cases 3,056,626

Serious, Critical 17,150

Worldometer
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-31-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Fauci was treated like an idiot when he said 100.000 a day was going to happen. We know the orange man is bad.

4. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-31-2020)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-31-2020), moon (10-31-2020), PoliTalker (10-31-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Fauci was treated like an idiot when he said 100.000 a day was going to happen. We know the orange man is bad.
    He was right.

Dr Fauci, back in June:

"Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, warned members of Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. could reach 100,000 new COVID-19 cases per day if the country does not get a handle on the pandemic.

Speaking before the Senate health committee, Fauci said the country is heading in the “wrong direction" as the average number of daily cases continues to go up.

“We need to do something about that and we need to do it very quickly," said Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "

Fauci predicts 100,000 new COVID-19 cases per day if US can't control outbreaks

YUP! WE ARE OUT OF CONTROL
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I posted this on FB earlier

Italy had one of the worst outbreaks in Europe early in March and its hospitals in Lombardia were overwhelmed. Italy too is experiencing a delayed second wave and rates are approaching those in the UK. However here is an interesting article in Corriere della Sera regarding the views of one of their leading virologists Prof. Palù . His views contrast starkly with the more pessimistic views of SAGE.

Here is a translation of his key points:

“There is far too much alarmism. Of course there is a second wave, because the virus never stopped circulating even though in July cases were falling thanks to the summer weather, outside living, and high UV that kills the virus. Now the return from holidays, change of season, reopening of the economy and above all the return to schools has reversed that trend.”

“I am against any new lockdown as a citizen because it would be economic suicide, as a scientist because it penalises the education of the young who are our future, and as a doctor because it would mean that the sick especially those with cancer would not have access to be cured”. And all of this to confront an illness Covid-19, which has anyway a low lethality. We have to put a stop to this hysteria”.

“Forget the PCR cases data.

Point 1: Up to 95% of cases are asymptomatic so cannot be defined as sick.

Point 2: Certainly these people have been infected but that doesn’t mean they are contagious i.e. can infect others. They can only be contagious if they have a high viral load, but currently available tests can’t distinguish this in time to avoid these infections”.

“Only the numbers in intensive care really matter.”

Giorgio Palu, Prof of Virology & Microbiology, Padova,

It is clear that there is a balance between curbing Covid protections through lockdowns and the damage done to other health threats, the economy, mental health, children’s education and jobs. NPIs only make sense if there is a vaccine available say within 3 months. Otherwise lockdowns just delay the inevitable.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-31-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    On Friday Oct 30 2020:

New Cases +101,461

Active Cases 3,056,626

Serious, Critical 17,150

Worldometer
    We have to stop listening to stupid old biddys like PoliBullshit, before the whole world is totally fucked!!

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fauci knows his stuff.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

moon (10-31-2020)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dr Fauci consistently polls FAR higher than Trump:

Nearly 2 in 3 voters favor Fauci over Trump:

Morning Consult

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,520 Times in 6,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's only natural for Comrade maggot to run interference for the virus.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    On Friday Oct 30 2020:

New Cases +101,461

Active Cases 3,056,626

Serious, Critical 17,150

Worldometer
    Fake News

Fake News

Fake News

trump, and his family, say it is fake news. How dare you question a gawd of the right wing.

Come to think of it, we may get lucky and they will all die off.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-31-2020)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Once the pandemic began spreading in the United States, the President’s failure to lay out clear, consistent guidelines for cities, states, businesses, and school districts to control the spread of COVID-19 created widespread confusion and chaos.

His reckless disregard for the advice of public health experts has made it harder for mayors and governors to protect the American people.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Biden Administration For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-31-2020)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,618 Times in 9,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

For the first time, I got a flu shot this year, because of covid-19 and scheduled for another covid-19 test Monday, this will be my fourth test?!!

I take this pandemic seriously, by wearing a mask, social distancing and hand washing?!!

Last edited by signalmankenneth; 10-31-2020 at 11:05 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-31-2020), PoliTalker (10-31-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post
    Once the pandemic began spreading in the United States, the President’s failure to lay out clear, consistent guidelines for cities, states, businesses, and school districts to control the spread of COVID-19 created widespread confusion and chaos.

His reckless disregard for the advice of public health experts has made it harder for mayors and governors to protect the American people.
    Complete and utter bullshit. Your state Governors had complete control of this, not the Feds. How do you breathe with your head that far up your own ass?

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    For the first time, I got a flu shot this year, because of covid-19 and scheduled for another covid-19 test Monday, this will be my fourth test?!!

I take this pandemic seriously, by wearing a mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing?!!

Nobody would miss you Cartoon Ken. No need to even bother.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

For people who risk losing their insurance coverage if they lose their jobs in President Trump’s recession, Democrats believe the federal government should pick up 100 percent of the tab for COBRA insurance, which keeps people on their employer-sponsored plans, without restrictions.

We will re-open the Affordable Care Act marketplaces, even outside of the normal open enrollment season, and expand subsidies to make it easier for people to buy health coverage.

Democrats will also make available on the marketplace a public option administered through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services which includes a platinum-level choice, with low fees and no deductibles.

Low-income Americans will be automatically enrolled in the public option at zero cost to them.

We will keep these emergency measures in place until the pandemic ends.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello DNC Official,

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post

Clearly it is a worldwide problem requiring a coordinated national response. Taking a hands-off approach, allowing States to be in competition with one another for resources, has yielded disastrous results.