Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember when Trumptards mocked Fauci over 100K cases a day?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,403 Times in 9,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Just to be clear: you have no idea if the PCRct [PCR cycle threshold] was standardized across the board when coming up with the 100k* new cases.

IOW, you have no idea if the figure is accurate or not. Should we even get into separating ‘cases’ from positive tests? A ‘case’ implies a clinical infection when it could just as easily by an asymptomatic case or even an over-cycled PCR test.

Your numbers are trash. Garbage. And you’re a lemming.
    I couldn't give a flying fuck about PCRrt. The states reported over 101,000 new cases today. If you think they're wrong, prove it. Or STFU.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    do you expect an answer on PCR test cycles?\ generating a false positive?

cases dont matter, hospitalizations include COVID positive as a COVID patient.
    I think the mortality rate has gone down -as we have better therapeutics

only a vaccine will get it under controls as herd immunity -
    meanwhile do what we always do and protect the vulnerable but let others get on with their lives
    You get the common sense award lol.

Yes and absolutely. Me, you and others have been saying case numbers matter much less than hospitalizations and deaths. Problem is, again, over-cycled PCR tests. That can be just as much a factor in tracking hospitalizations/deaths as it is in tracking cases.

Throw in the fact hospitals are incentivized for COVID cases—you can see where this is going.

Whatever the COVID death count is, it gets a big fat asterisk*.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-30-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Yes and absolutely. Me, you and others have been saying case numbers matter much less than hospitalizations and deaths. Problem is, again, over-cycled PCR tests. That can be just as much a factor in tracking hospitalizations/deaths as it is in tracking cases.

Throw in the fact hospitals are incentivized for COVID cases—you can see where this is going.

well hospitalizations would correlate with increased positive tests in general..
    the reliability of PCR is something I never see discussed. Hell; all I ever here is mask wearing as the mantra

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-30-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I couldn't give a flying fuck about PCRrt. The states reported over 101,000 new cases today. If you think they're wrong, prove it. Or STFU.
    Guess I’m trashing your thread with sciencey stuff lol.

Sorry/not sorry.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Grokmaster (10-30-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay, so ....

https://covidtracking.com/data/chart...average-curves

Like I said, do you get tired of being wrong about EVERYTHING? Hospitalizations (a lagging indicator) have increased by 43% in the last three weeks. Tell me more about your false positive BS to explain that one away. Up 43% and climbing fast. Still a denier? Are you like Don Jr., deaths are no big deal?

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Guess I’m trashing your thread with sciencey stuff lol.

Sorry/not sorry.
    No, you are lying as usual. The numbers are FACTS, not trash. You don't like them. Simply denying their existence is laughable. You have no proof that the numbers do not represent new cases You are just making shit up.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    well hospitalizations would correlate with increased positive tests in general..
    the reliability of PCR is something I never see discussed. Hell; all I ever here is mask wearing as the mantra
    Months ago, the NYT [surprisingly] did a piece on it. Then it was quickly forgotten about.

PCR tests amplify viral genetic material in cycles. Anything beyond 35 cycles picks up scraps of non-viable China Virus genetic material or genetic material from other COVID viruses.

Worse yet, the results are reported in a binary fashion [positive/negative] instead of on a scale. IOW, for example, ‘positive but only with 40 cycles’. That’s actually informative.

The data *including the death total* is junk.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Months ago, the NYT [surprisingly] did a piece on it. Then it was quickly forgotten about.

PCR tests amplify viral genetic material in cycles. Anything beyond 35 cycles picks up scraps of non-viable China Virus genetic material or genetic material from other COVID viruses.

Worse yet, the results are reported in a binary fashion [positive/negative] instead of on a scale. IOW, for example, ‘positive but only with 40 cycles’. That’s actually informative.

The data is junk.
    Tell it to the state governments. I know they'll listen to some dude who cleaned up operating rooms in a WV clinic. After all, they listen to Scott Atlas.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It is heartbreaking to watch trump destroy this country.
    NO, HE'S STOPPING THE TREASON-O-CRATS AND THEIR CHINESE MASTERS FROM DOING SO....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,993 Times in 8,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,672 Times in 2,478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    NO, HE'S STOPPING THE TREASON-O-CRATS AND THEIR CHINESE MASTERS FROM DOING SO....
    trump and China agree America should all be about soybean farming. I am not a soybean farmer, so that is not helpful to me.