Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you remember how sure they were that Hillary was going to win?...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Do you remember how sure they were that Hillary was going to win?...

On this site all the threads about what she was going to "bring to you rightwingers"?

LOL.

Yeah, those were the times.

This election has much the same feel... Just frickin' weird as f*ck... I don't like it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-31-2020), PostmodernProphet (10-30-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    On this site all the threads about what she was going to "bring to you rightwingers"?

LOL.

This election has much the same feel... Just frickin' weird as f*ck... I don't like it.
    Remember just how many sat out the last election? Bernie fans and those that thought it too much in the bag to bother voting won't be doing that again. Heck, if you don't even have to leave your house the only real excuses for not voting are more personal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-30-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The guy at Trafalgar had a good point about cold calling in an article in WSJ, people dont generally feel like answering a ton of questions and are just ignoring these calls.
    Polling has increased wildly over the last 20 years along with telemarketing in general. There is now an industry giving you ways to block it.
    We will see what happens tuesday.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

LOL.

I remember it well. The beauty of the internet is we can go back and see those posts and some of the same people who were (very) wrong then are saying the exact same things today. This time though I believe they’ll be correct.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

This election is nothing like the last one. In 2016, independent voters had no real reason to despise trRump. This time, they have plenty of reasons to despise DJT.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-30-2020)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL.

this isn't 2016 and remember 2018 just a taste what is coming in 2020 blue more seats in the house and blue senate plus trump out
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    This election is nothing like the last one. In 2016, voters had no real reason to despise trRump. This time, they have plenty of reasons to despise DJT.
    LOL. Right, never Trumpers didn't exist in 2016... You're a hoot!
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Matt Dillon (11-01-2020)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL. Right, never Trumpers didn't exist in 2016... You're a hoot!
    Still living in Kellyanne's "alternate universe" I see.....lol
    Yes, there were anti-tRumpers in 2016, but nothing like what exists today.
    tRump had no record to defend in 2016. This time he does.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,620 Times in 21,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

We will see, I hope lightning doesn’t strike twice. I think last election was a one in 10 shot for Trump*. This feels more like a 1 in 15.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    We will see, I hope lightning doesn’t strike twice. I think last election was a one in 10 shot for Trump*. This feels more like a 1 in 15.
    538 had it 1 in 4 for Trump, and there were warning signs throughout the last week of the election after the Comey letter dropped. By this time, Hillary's lead in the national polls had shrunk to about 3 percent. Not happening this time. But let's let the Trumptards enjoy Halloween weekend. They'll get an extra hour of sleep after attending that packed bar or that maskless MAGA rally. Maybe the extra sleep will help them fight off the virus. Either way, by the end of next week, they're going to be sick.

538 odds are 89/11 in favor of Biden. There would have to be a massive polling error in favor of Republicans, a late break of the few undecideds, and Trump again drawing to an inside straight. Not likely. Far more likely is an electoral rout.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL.

LOL. The reverse might happen.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

LOL.

Last time I thought Trump was going to win and I'm predicting the same thing this time.

Maybe we can be room mates in the gulags.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Last time I thought Trump was going to win and I'm predicting the same thing this time.

Maybe we can be room mates in the gulags.
    This will be going on your Permanent Record here at JPP.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This will be going on your Permanent Record here at JPP.
    I really hope I'm wrong, but look at the facts. Trump has more enthusiasm, the Electoral College, Russia's help, voter suppression, and even if he loses the EC vote, he has the SCOTUS ready to throw out the mail-in ballots.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is certainly possible, but a Biden blowout is possible as well.