Members banned from this thread: cawacko, rjhenn, Charoite and Doc Dutch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: **BREAKING NEWS***' We’ve got to stop the bleeding': Democrats sound alarm in Miami

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

KEEP HOPE ALIVE
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beijing Buyden View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mocrats-433643

I know this is from the wildly right wing Politico so JPP marxists are likely to ignore it. But, I will post it anyway.

Only the usual douchebags will be thread banned
    Made-up lies. No reputable source is reporting that.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Party officials in Florida’s most populous county are sweating weak early voting turnout among several key groups.
    This means that the GOP is relying on low voter turn out to win.
    They always try to suppress minority voters because they know they cannot win on issues.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post
    They always try to suppress minority voters because they know they cannot win on issues.
    My point exactly.
    Lock Him Up

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post
    Made-up lies. No reputable source is reporting that.
    welcome to your thread ban

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

after this election will you finally stop following Nate Silver?
    nope, I still think he is more right than not, there simply is too many polls showing the same trends. The only way trump wins if if there is just massive systemic issues with polling - which, yes, could be psosible, but it would be unprecedented. It's hard to say that we are more likely facing an unprecedented level of polling erroor.

HOWEVER I do have an almost irrational level of faith that maybe.. just maybe, trump can pull it off and shock the world again. The Florida results alone are keeping that fire alive in me. Biden is weak and everyone knows it. There is clearly a shy trump voter affect. Trump is crushing it with rallies. I remember 2016 and everyone said rallies don't matter. I think they do matter because they clearly show wide support and enthusiasm.

The way I see it now, silver has trump at around 10%. I think trump has better chances than that, maybe 20%, which is a totoaly reasonable shot at still winning the election. so that's kinda good i guess?

My main concerns now are twofold:

1) trump lost the suburbs. He was up 4pts in the suburbs in 2016, this year he is down 9. 13pt swing. So even if we are up with black and hispanic voters, suburbanites are still a far bigger block. Pretty lame that the most racist president of all time might lose because self hating white voters believe they know what is best for minorities. Also the extremely salty and butthurt white women have gone full pussyhat.

2) I worry that the republicans early voting may not all be voting for trump. A lot of 65+ have switched to biden and so there could be understated republicans for biden effect. The reason too explain the 94% GOP support for trump could be that those are just the diehards and other republicans (weak republicans) may have gone soft/left the party/not bothered to participate in primarys. On the other hand, republican registration is up. So some conflicting data.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    nope, I still think he is more right than not, there simply is too many polls showing the same trends. The only way trump wins if if there is just massive systemic issues with polling - which, yes, could be psosible, but it would be unprecedented. It's hard to say that we are more likely facing an unprecedented level of polling erroor.

HOWEVER I do have an almost irrational level of faith that maybe.. just maybe, trump can pull it off and shock the world again. The Florida results alone are keeping that fire alive in me. Biden is weak and everyone knows it. There is clearly a shy trump voter affect. Trump is crushing it with rallies. I remember 2016 and everyone said rallies don't matter. I think they do matter because they clearly show wide support and enthusiasm.

The way I see it now, silver has trump at around 10%. I think trump has better chances than that, maybe 20%, which is a totoaly reasonable shot at still winning the election. so that's kinda good i guess?

My main concerns now are twofold:

1) trump lost the suburbs. He was up 4pts in the suburbs in 2016, this year he is down 9. 13pt swing. So even if we are up with black and hispanic voters, suburbanites are still a far bigger block. Pretty lame that the most racist president of all time might lose because self hating white voters believe they know what is best for minorities. Also the extremely salty and butthurt white women have gone full pussyhat.

2) I worry that the republicans early voting may not all be voting for trump. A lot of 65+ have switched to biden and so there could be understated republicans for biden effect. The reason too explain the 94% GOP support for trump could be that those are just the diehards and other republicans (weak republicans) may have gone soft/left the party/not bothered to participate in primarys. On the other hand, republican registration is up. So some conflicting data.
    so the pollsters could be right AND wrong at the same time

one piece of phenomena I have seen reported from Trump rallies is that at least 20% of people who are showing up are NOT republicans. And 20% or more have never voted before. Now imagine if Trump brings in 20% of people across the board that have never voted before? The pollsters aren't going to capture that because they have no way of capturing it. Their models start off with prior registered voters so they would be missed.

It is great discussion. I know you are only looking at the data and if I were ONLY looking at the data, I would conclude that Trump has no chance. However, I am looking at more than just the polls. And if you ignore the polls and look at everything else it is a Trump win. Guess we will find out next Tuesday.

Unfortunately for you when I am right, we won't be able to share the throne as JPPs most brilliant political minds. I will stand alone

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately for you when I am right, we won't be able to share the throne as JPPs most brilliant political minds. I will stand alone
    you can have it, i'll be so ecstatic I wont even care lol

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (10-30-2020)

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I’ve read so much conflicting analysis [not just here] I get the idea nobody really knows what’s going to happen lol.

Part of the problem, I think, is Trump [more precisely, his supporters] represent a confounder/uncontrollable variable in the equation to the extent the polling data isn’t as accurate as it might be under normal circumstances.

In fact, there are signs of this in some of the non-polling indicators.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...mocrats-433643

I know this is from the wildly right wing Politico so JPP marxists are likely to ignore it. But, I will post it anyway.

Only the usual douchebags will be thread banned
    Why thread ban cawacko? I don't agree with 100% of what he says, but he is one of the most respectful people on this board(besides me, of course!)
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Why thread ban cawacko? I don't agree with 100% of what he says, but he is one of the most respectful people on this board(besides me, of course!)
    He is a RINO NeverTrumper douche

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 Times in 2,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTALITOPS View Post
    just for frame of reference, nate silver has it such that if biden were to lose florida, he is no longer the favorite to win the election
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (10-30-2020)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

Nearly everybody panics and worries just before an election. You are reading too much into it. Trump has decided not to attend his election party. Does that mean he gave up?

yes, it does.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Nearly everybody panics and worries just before an election. You are reading too much into it. Trump has decided not to attend his election party. Does that mean he gave up?

yes, it does.
    It is very strange that not only is he not attending, they have cancelled it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...national%3famp

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,253 Times in 6,879 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Biden should win, but I'm definitely preparing for the worst.

Voter turnout really hurt Dems in the last one. It was decided by under 100,000 votes in 3 states.

There seems to be much more cognizance of that fact this time around - no one is taking that for granted. So, Dems will have MORE voters this time - and Trump has done nothing to expand his base or coalition.