Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Americans need a strong policy regarding disinformation & hate speech

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    LMFAO If he is the only one then this OP is spot on. You think I should now take what you say seriously????
    Well, I don't obsess over people here. Who are some others?

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Well, I don't obsess over people here. Who are some others?
    You seem to know what that poster is doing.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

It is interesting that troll threads are often the longest threads. Right wingers don't like discussing politics and current events.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post
    The Biden-Harris Transition Team is formulating the incoming Administration's policy on hate speech and disinformation, which will be implemented by Executive Order in January, 2021.

We are painfully aware that bad actors who hide behind Internet anonymity weaken our society. For example, in the prelude to the stolen 2016 election, Russia’s Internet Research Agency planted false stories on multiple platforms like this one, hoping they would go viral. They did. Russian agents assumed fake identities, promulgated false narratives and spread lies, all supposedly protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

The Russians believe that our free press and its undoubted balance and fairness will continue to enable Moscow to slip destructive ideas into our national consciousness.

Well, no more!

Discredited outlets that advocate or disseminate inaccurate information will find themselves sanctioned, and if need be, will be subject to punitive administrative action, including fines and/or loss of access to the Internet and the airwaves.

The Internet will be cleaned up under the Biden-Harris Administration. As leading Constitutional scholars like former President Barack Obama know, the framers of the First Amendment could not have envisioned a world where harmful lies and dangerous ideas could be spread so widely.

Therefore, one of the most important priorities of the new Administration will be to clamp down on all disinformation.

The universally respected members of the International Fact-checking Organization will become the official advisors to the Biden-Harris Administration.

Their bias-free and impartial membership includes such stalwart, non-partisan sources as-

• Snopes
    • Factcheck.org
    • Politifact
    • The American Press Institute

These organizations will guide the Federal Communications Commission and other agencies as they repair the damage done to our Democracy by the outgoing Trump Administration.

Inflammatory and false speech undermines the values that the First Amendment was designed to protect: fairness, due process, equality before the law.

In addition to federal policy updates, the Biden-Harris Administration is working with state governments to formulate standardized hate speech statutes to penalize speech that deliberately insults people based on religion, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation.

All speech is not equal. When truth cannot drive out lies, we must add new guardrails.
    The CONSTITUTION! Read it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Police State deepens.

God Help Us.
    That one is another shining example of how badly our educational establishment is failing us.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    hawkeye is a troll
    Yes, I remember his first day here- He said he came here because he was banned elsewhere!

WELL FOR FUCK SAKE! I WONDER WHY? LOL!

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Nothing like bringing back the police state and eliminating the First Amendment. Can't have those pesky doubters and facts contrary to the party line being heard out...

I also like the list.

Snopes is biased to the Left
    Factcheck.org is horribly biased to the Left.
    Politifact might as well be part of the Democrat party brand for all the difference it makes. Hell, there's an entire website dedicated to fact checking Politifact: https://www.politifactbias.com/
    They are not biased. The facts are against rightys for a big reason, Rightys, like Trump lie. They are neutral. There was a slanted right-wing BS check of the agents of truth by the rightys. They fabricated a really slanted case and the rights have repeated it like it is real. That was the crap.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You seem to know what that poster is doing.
    It's obvious from reading their post. But can you answer my question? You said there are several people here who caricaturize right-wingers and then mocked me for being unable to name more than Marcus. So who else is there?

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's obvious from reading their post. But can you answer my question? You said there are several people here who caricaturize right-wingers and then mocked me for being unable to name more than Marcus. So who else is there?
    You.

And if you ask for examples then you better post examples of your claim with your next response bore you ask the not me.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You.

And if you ask for examples then you better post examples of your claim with your next response bore you ask the not me.
    No. You called me stupid for being unable to name anyone else. So who else is there?

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No. You called me stupid for being unable to name anyone else. So who else is there?
    Then go fuck yourself

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That one is another shining example of how badly our educational establishment is failing us.
    Sadly America is now teaming with extremely stupid people.

Prepare yourself, this is going to hurt.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-01-2020)

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,933 Times in 13,199 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

See a problem here?

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

The First Amendment will not protect people who publish hate speech and dangerous disinformation on the Internet, because the federal government allows Internet Service Providers, Wireless Communication Service Providers, and social media platforms to enforce their own Terms of Service and Codes of Conduct.

Soon those who persist in spreading hate speech and dangerous disinformation will be reduced to muttering to each other in dark rooms in flyover country.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNC Official View Post
    The First Amendment will not protect people who publish hate speech and dangerous disinformation on the Internet, because the federal government allows Internet Service Providers, Wireless Communication Service Providers, and social media platforms to enforce their own Terms of Service and Codes of Conduct.

Soon those who persist in spreading hate speech and dangerous disinformation will be reduced to muttering to each other in dark rooms in flyover country.
    until we kill those responsible for cutting us off from society. I dearly hope you're one of them.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.