Thread: Trump’s closing argument: You people are scum and morons — but vote for me anyway

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump’s closing argument: You people are scum and morons — but vote for me anyway

Sen. Martha McSally, an Arizona Republican, has paid her bootlicking dues. She’s repeatedly gone out of her way to show obeisance to Donald Trump, most famously in January when she yelled “liberal hack” repeatedly at a CNN reporter who asked her if the Senate should consider evidence before rushing to acquit Trump during his impeachment trial.

But despite years of bowing and scraping and, of course, voting to acquit Trump despite his obvious guilt, McSally has earned no loyalty in return from her orange master. She’s in a tough race against former astronaut Mark Kelly, a Democrat, and has consistently trailed in the polls. At a recent Arizona rally, Trump didn’t bother to hide his disdain for McSally’s standard political desire to address her own potential voters

“Martha, just come up fast. Fast. Fast. Come on. Quick,” Trump barked at her. “You got one minute! One minute, Martha! They don’t want to hear this, Martha. Come on. Let’s go. Quick, quick, quick. Come on. Let’s go.” It was clear that, as always, Trump resents every moment when the spotlight’s not in him, even in the context of helping a sycophant.

That moment went viral, since cringeworthy is the emotional fuel of the internet. It also illustrated of one of the most frustrating aspects of Trumpism: Trump treats his own supporters as a pack of morons, but they don’t seem to mind and keep on adoring him anyway.

This was most profoundly demonstrated by a bizarre video from a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, last week, when Trump complained to the crowd about the indignity of even having to visit their city.

“I wasn’t coming to Erie. I have to be honest. There’s no way I was coming. I didn’t have to,” Trump announced. “And then we got hit with the plague, and I had to go back to work.”

(Like most things Trump says, this is not true. Former Vice President Joe Biden’s lead over Trump in the polls — both nationally and in Pennsylvania, a crucial swing state — has been stable since before Biden was officially running.)

But what’s wild about this video is how the crowd reacts to Trump’s lengthy diatribe about how he doesn’t even want to be there: They laugh and cheer, lapping it up as he insults them right to their faces.

https://www.salon.com/2020/10/29/in-...is-supporters/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-29-2020), Tacomaman (10-29-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Trump’s closing argument: You people are scum and morons
    in your case, he was right......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

And you have idiots like PMP that suck up every word.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.