Thread: Fauci: "US Not In A Good Place" Pandemic Numbers Climbing Rapidly

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

OP link:

"Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration, said he believes 100,000 new cases per day in the US is imminent.

"We'll cross 100,000 infections at some point in the next couple of weeks, probably. We might do it this week, if all the states report on time," Gottlieb said.

Gottlieb, who was appointed by President Donald Trump to lead the FDA in 2017, said this surge is due to the public's behavior and lack of caution.

"The reality is that I think we're not going to start to see a slowdown in the pandemic until you see consumer behavior change, and until you see mobility data start to decline," he said.

"That's been the lesson of the past surges in the virus.""

That is what it is pointing at according to my thread tracking the virus called: Coronovirus Peak Watch Thread

We've already crossed 90K New Cases in the USA per day, and still rising. (SMH)

The world just saw a half million new cases in one day.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,098 Times in 12,625 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Covid deaths are currently about half of what they were in May.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/d...-05-16..latest
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-30-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Disillusionment is always hard. It's no different than when a favorite celebrity or sports star is caught in a deplorable scandal. Like Bill Clinton raping and sexually harassing women, the public can only accept so much "private lives are private" before they say "no more". Bill Cosby is another example. Michael Jackson. Lance Armstrong.

The public is still dealing with it. Who here refuses to listen to a particular comedian or musician for "politically correct" reasons? Bill Cosby was funny in 1969 and that same record is still funny. Should I deny myself the enjoyment of listening to his insightful humor even if it goes into a trust for his kids..or buys him nicer pillow for his cell? Some people say yes, some people say no and some people don't care. I lean toward judging the moment in time for itself and not what eventually became of the person who created it.
    Still have some Cos records. Not listening, but not getting rid of them either. Fat Albert, buck buck one, good stuff.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-30-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,382 Times in 52,421 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Still have some Cos records. Not listening, but not getting rid of them either. Fat Albert, buck buck one, good stuff.
    LOL. Cosby did some adult stuff but his funniest was always about a kid growing up.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-30-2020)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    LOL. Cosby did some adult stuff but his funniest was always about a kid growing up.
    I am surprised Trump has not pardoned Cos.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fauci polls way higher than Trump

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Italy had one of the worst outbreaks in Europe early in March and its hospitals in Lombardia were overwhelmed. Italy too is experiencing a delayed second wave and rates are approaching those in the UK. However here is an interesting article in Corriere della Sera regarding the views of one of their leading virologists Prof. Palù . His views contrast starkly with the more pessimistic views of SAGE.

Here is a translation of his key points:

“There is far too much alarmism. Of course there is a second wave, because the virus never stopped circulating even though in July cases were falling thanks to the summer weather, outside living, and high UV that kills the virus. Now the return from holidays, change of season, reopening of the economy and above all the return to schools has reversed that trend.”

“I am against any new lockdown as a citizen because it would be economic suicide, as a scientist because it penalises the education of the young who are our future, and as a doctor because it would mean that the sick especially those with cancer would not have access to be cured”. And all of this to confront an illness Covid-19, which has anyway a low lethality. We have to put a stop to this hysteria”.

“Forget the PCR cases data.

Point 1: Up to 95% of cases are asymptomatic so cannot be defined as sick.

Point 2: Certainly these people have been infected but that doesn’t mean they are contagious i.e. can infect others. They can only be contagious if they have a high viral load, but currently available tests can’t distinguish this in time to avoid these infections”.

“Only the numbers in intensive care really matter.”

Giorgio Palu, Prof of Virology & Microbiology, Padova,

It is clear that there is a balance between curbing Covid protections through lockdowns and the damage done to other health threats, the economy, mental health, children’s education and jobs. NPIs only make sense if there is a vaccine available say within 3 months. Otherwise lockdowns just delay the inevitable.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,808 Times in 17,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Europe is doing lockdowns again that didnt work the first time
    They did It works. China had a serious Corona problem in the beginning. They shut down. Yesterday, the US had more cases than China has had since December. The difference is we have Trump and rightys who can believe whatever they want.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,382 Times in 52,421 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They did It works. China had a serious Corona problem in the beginning. They shut down. Yesterday, the US had more cases than China has had since December. The difference is we have Trump and rightys who can believe whatever they want.
    Smart, sane Americans know what you are saying is true. Putin bots, not so much.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    China had a unified response. Anybody gets out of line and they get disappeared.

Freedom and attitudes are not a good thing when a unified response is the most effective.