Members banned from this thread: Phantasmal, Micawber, CharacterAssassin, ThatOwlWoman, Jack, Charoite and Walt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Barrington Declaration

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Barrington Declaration

The world renowned experts in their fields, after a 4 day conference regarding COVID-19, declare that WE SHOULD ALL GO BACK TO LIVING NORMALLY, PRACTICING SIMPLE HYGIENE & STAYING HOME WHEN SICK (NO FACE MASKS OR SOCIAL DISTANCING) and only protect the most vulnerable populations with more protective measures!

“From October 1-4, 2020, the American Institute for Economic Research had a remarkable meeting of top epidemiologists, economists, and journalists, to discuss the global emergency created by the unprecedented use of state compulsion in the management of the Covid-19 pandemic. The result is The Great Barrington Declaration, which urges a “Focused Protection” strategy.”

“Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume.”

Signed by:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, Professor, Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, Professor, Medicine, Stanford University.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, Professor, Theoretical Epidemiology, University of Oxford.

The co-signers include:

Dr. Rodney Sturdivant, PhD. associate professor of biostatistics at Baylor University and the Director of the Baylor Statistical Consulting Center. He is a Colonel in the US Army (retired) whose research includes a focus on infectious disease spread and diagnosis.

Dr. Eitan Friedman, MD, PhD. Founde9r and Director, The Susanne Levy Gertner Oncogenetics Unit, The Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center and Professor of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Depertment of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Tel-Aviv University

Dr. Rajiv Bhatia, MD, MPH a physician with the VA health system with expertise in epidemiology, health equity practice, and health impact assessment of public policy. He formerly served as a Deputy Health Officer for San Francisco for 18 years.

Dr. Michael Levitt, PhD is a biophysicist and a professor of structural biology at Stanford University. Prof. Levitt received the 2013 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems.

Dr. Eyal Shahar, MD professor (emeritus) of public health at the University of Arizona, a physician, epidemiologist, with expertise in causal and statistical inference.

Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, President, True Health Initiative and the Founder and Former Director of the Yale University Prevention Research Center

Dr. Laura Lazzeroni, PhD., professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and of biomedical data science at Stanford University Medical School, a biostatistician and data scientist

Dr. Simon Thornley, PhD is an epidemiologist at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. He has experience in biostatistics and epidemiological analysis, and has applied these to a range of areas including communicable and non-communicable diseases.

Dr. Michael Jackson, PhD is an ecologist and research fellow at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.

Dr. Jonas Ludvigsson, pediatrician, epidemiologist and professor at Karolinska Institute and senior physician at Örebro University Hospital, Sweden.

Dr. Sylvia Fogel, autism expert and psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School, USA.

Dr. Andrius Kavaliunas, epidemiologist and assistant professor at Karolinska Institute, Sweden Prof. Udi Qimron, Chair, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University

Prof. Ariel Munitz, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University

Prof. Motti Gerlic, Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Tel Aviv University

Dr. Uri Gavish, an expert in algorithm analysis and a biomedical consultant

Prof. Ellen Townsend, Self-Harm Research Group, University of Nottingham, UK.

Dr. Paul McKeigue, professor of epidemiology in the University of Edinburgh and public health physician, with expertise in statistical modelling of disease.

Dr. Mario Recker, Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics at the Centre for Mathematics and the Environment, University of Exeter.

Prof. Mike Hulme, professor of human geography, University of Cambridge

Prof. Stephen Bremner, Professor of Medical Statistics, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, University of Sussex

Prof. Matthew Ratcliffe, Professor of Philosophy specializing in philosophy of mental health, University of York, UK

Prof. Lisa White, Professor of Modelling and Epidemiology Nuffield Department of Medicine, Oxford University, UK

Prof. Angus Dalgleish, MD, FRCP, FRACP, FRCPath, FMedSci, Department of Oncology, St. George’s, University of London

Dr. Cody Meissner, professor of pediatrics at Tufts University School of Medicine, an expert on vaccine development, efficacy and safety.

Dr. Helen Colhoun, professor of medical informatics and epidemiology in the University of Edinburgh and public health physician, with expertise in risk prediction.

Prof. Partha P. Majumder, PhD, FNA, FASc, FNASc, FTWAS National Science Chair, Distinguished Professor and Founder National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, KalyaniEmeritus Professor Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata

Dr. Gabriela Gomes, professor at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, a mathematician focussing on population dynamics, evolutionary theory and infectious disease epidemiology.

Prof. Anthony J Brookes, Department of Genetics & Genome Biology, University of Leicester, UK

Prof. Simon Wood, professor at Edinburgh University, a statistician with expertise in statistical methodology, applied statistics and mathematical modelling in biology

Prof. David Livermore, Professor at University of East Anglia, a microbiologist with expertise in disease epidemiology, antibiotic resistance and rapid diagnostics

Prof. Sucharit Bhakdi, em. Professor of Medical Microbiology, University of Mainz, Germany
    Prof. Yaz Gulnur Muradoglu,

Professor of Finance, Director at Behavioural Finance Working Group, School of Business and Management, Queen Mary University of London

Prof. Karol Sikora MA, PhD, MBBChir, FRCP, FRCR, FFPM, Medical Director of Rutherford Health, Oncologist, & Dean of Medicine
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 10-29-2020 at 03:16 AM.

2. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (10-29-2020)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anonymoose (10-29-2020), Bigdog (10-29-2020), Darth Omar (10-29-2020), Grokmaster (10-30-2020), Into the Night (10-29-2020), PostmodernProphet (10-29-2020), Stretch (10-30-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

just no more damn lockdowns.
    I personally dont think masks do a damn thing except create a false sense of security.

We've seen lockdowns dont stop it -it's way too contagious; we should quarantine the high risk ( like my family)
    and live our lives otherwise
    Think "collateral damage" for canceling gatherings, and lockdowns

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

anonymoose (10-29-2020), Bigdog (10-29-2020), cancel2 2022 (10-29-2020), Darth Omar (10-29-2020), Stretch (10-30-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I personally dont think masks do a damn thing except create a false sense of security.

We've seen lockdowns dont stop it -it's way too contagious; we should quarantine the high risk ( like my family)
    try not to think you are really really bad at it

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-29-2020), Nomad (10-29-2020), Rune (10-29-2020), Trumpet (10-31-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

Instead parts of Europe have decided to attempt to force their citizens into a new lockdown.

This is insanity and faith in our leaders will suffer for it.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Into the Night (10-29-2020), Stretch (10-30-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Instead parts of Europe have decided to attempt to force their citizens into a new lockdown.
    This is insanity and faith in our leaders will suffer for it.
    I heard Fauci's latest goalpost move. 2021 is going to look a lot like 2020..

11. The Following User Groans At dukkha For This Awful Post:

Rune (10-29-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Into the Night (10-29-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The medical bureaucracy scared my governor into locking WV down when we were under 100 cases. It accomplished absolutely nothing but killing a bunch of jobs and small businesses. When we opened back up, nothing happened. Literally, nothing.

It was the most asinine government action I’ve ever witnessed but I don’t blame Jim Justice—or Trump for it. I blame the blithering idiots who were basing their projections on *absolutely worthless* computer models.

It wasn’t until late summer that WV started seeing significant numbers. If lockdowns worked, that was when we should have locked down but that, thankfully, was never on the table.

Everyone of those scientists who signed that declaration are as reputable as any other but their proclamation will be dismissed—because why, is the only question.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Bigdog (10-29-2020), cancel2 2022 (10-29-2020), Into the Night (10-29-2020), Stretch (10-30-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I heard Fauci's latest goalpost move. 2021 is going to look a lot like 2020..
    Not if Trump wins lol.

His hands have been tied, politically.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only lefty that came near this was Katzshit and he's a certified lunatic.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Bigdog (10-29-2020)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The medical bureaucracy scared my governor into locking WV down when we were under 100 cases. It accomplished absolutely nothing but killing a bunch of jobs and small businesses. When we opened back up, nothing happened. Literally, nothing.

It was the most asinine government action I’ve ever witnessed but I don’t blame Jim Justice—or Trump for it. I blame the blithering idiots who were basing their projections on *absolutely worthless* computer models.

It wasn’t until late summer that WV started seeing significant numbers. If lockdowns worked, that was when we should have locked down but that, thankfully, was never on the table.

Everyone of those scientists who signed that declaration are as reputable as any other but their proclamation will be dismissed—because why, is the only question.
    DUH, so let me get this straight.... as West Virginia slowly opened up, it took a little while before the cases started increasing? ROTLFMFAO!!! Of course there was going to be a delay. When the phased reopening started in May, WV had an average of 20 cases a day. By May 27th, the 7 day average had increased by 250%, then by July they had increased from May's low by 650 PERCENT.

Do you just roll out of bed and decide what lies you're going to post today?

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...west-virginia/

20. The Following User Groans At Concart For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-29-2020)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Nomad (10-29-2020), Rune (10-29-2020)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    DUH, so let me get this straight.... as West Virginia slowly opened up, it took a little while before the cases started increasing? ROTLFMFAO!!! Of course there was going to be a delay. When the phased reopening started in May, WV had an average of 20 cases a day. By May 27th, the 7 day average had increased by 250%, then by July they had increased from May's low by 650 PERCENT.

Obama did his level best to finish off WV by destroying the coal industry. So spare me your bullshit sunshine!
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 10-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Into the Night (10-29-2020), Stretch (10-30-2020)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course!

There’s always an excuse lol.

25. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    Obama did his level best to finish off WV by destroying the coal industry. So spare me your bullshit sunshine!
    No he did not. Coal was dropping for decades. Automation was taking jobs for decades. Mountaintop does the same.

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Of course!

There’s always an excuse lol.
    An excuse for you lying? What excuse is that. You're dishonest? We knew that. Your claim was that absolutely nothing happened. Your claim is a lie.

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An excuse for you lying? What excuse is that. You're dishonest? We knew that. Your claim was that absolutely nothing happened. Your claim is a lie.
    Why should I accept your “took a little while excuse”?

The fact is your hero’s in the medical bureaucracy told the lie: WV was going to suffer “a tsunami” [governors exact words] if WV didn’t lockdown. So we locked down, jobs were lost, businesses shut down and when we opened back up LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENED RELATIVE TO ANY TSUNAMI. There was never going to be a “tsunami” in WV, regardless. Lockdown no lockdown.

It was like a bad joke. And you goof balls applauded it. And no, don’t bother peddling any more excuses for it because I’m not buying them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Random numbers. You are quoting manufactured data again. Argument from randU fallacy.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams