Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Texas is now a toss up state

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Your posts are not going to age well, moron...

This is you all the while I am trying to teach you basic mathematics and data analysis:
    You're posting your opinions. You aren't even posting voting data that gives us any sort of numbers.

News flash...nobody here is interested in your opinions.

You can't possibly teach me anything about basic math.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Sooo, only you and your lithium dosage understand?
    WTF is with this moron?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-30-2020)

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,635 Times in 51,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Hard to say, but the cold hard fact is that Republicans didn't hold Congress in decades. Gingrich set out to change that by turning Congress into a shit show.

Interesting read. We're both old enough to remember when it was happening in real time.

Gingrich, ever the self promoting asshole, seems to be in direct disagreement with you.
    Thanks for the link. Good read.

Yes, Gingrich was an asshole which is why I disagree with him. My point is that the direction of the nation isn't caused by a single person or even a single party, it's caused by a collection of events and a brew of perceptions of those events. No one can control it, but individuals or groups can certainly seek to influence it with nudges. Those nudges can be for good or bad. Good being defined as best for everyone including the individual and bad being restrictions of personal rights or detrimental to group happiness.

One of my favorite shows is James Burke's "Connections". I have all the DVDs and should watch them for a fourth time.

"Connections ...took an interdisciplinary approach to the history of science and invention, and demonstrated how various discoveries, scientific achievements, and historical world events were built from one another successively in an interconnected way to bring about particular aspects of modern technology. "

What most interested me the cultural results of technological progress. Better tech usually results in greater freedom and happiness for people. Yes, the two steps forward, one step back rule applies.

My belief is that We, the People are at a "one step back" phase and that things will begin improve post-Trump. Maybe it will be post-2024, but I think we'll start seeing things inch forward again in the next few years.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thanks for the link. Good read.

Yes, Gingrich was an asshole which is why I disagree with him. My point is that the direction of the nation isn't caused by a single person or even a single party, it's caused by a collection of events and a brew of perceptions of those events. No one can control it, but individuals or groups can certainly seek to influence it with nudges. Those nudges can be for good or bad. Good being defined as best for everyone including the individual and bad being restrictions of personal rights or detrimental to group happiness.

One of my favorite shows is James Burke's "Connections". I have all the DVDs and should watch them for a fourth time.

"Connections ...took an interdisciplinary approach to the history of science and invention, and demonstrated how various discoveries, scientific achievements, and historical world events were built from one another successively in an interconnected way to bring about particular aspects of modern technology. "

What most interested me the cultural results of technological progress. Better tech usually results in greater freedom and happiness for people. Yes, the two steps forward, one step back rule applies.

My belief is that We, the People are at a "one step back" phase and that things will begin improve post-Trump. Maybe it will be post-2024, but I think we'll start seeing things inch forward again in the next few years.
    I have a bit of a different take. I don't ever see our society getting back to 'normal'. If we examine history, science/tech achievements did indeed move us forward, and make our lives easier/better.

Setting aside automation for a second, when big corporations opted to increase profits by offshoring labor, we destroyed a huge segment of society. In the beginning, the wealthy always ended up with all of the money.

But...everyone got a chance to 'touch it' along the way. Salaries were spent on necessities and luxuries (two cars in the driveway, multiple televisions in the home) and the money always made its way back to the top. But that wasn't enough. It's never enough. Until/unless we get quality jobs back in this nation, our society will never be the same.

Once trump is dumped, you'll be arguing that 'the govt. doesn't create jobs'. You might not be as heinous as a typical conservative, but I'm sure you don't believe that the taxpayer should be taking up the slack for those who simply cannot feed themselves. We always rely on boom/bust cycles. Whether in the energy industry, housing, or automobiles.

That's not healthy for any society. I honestly do not see an answer, unless the govt. actually makes use of the trump tax on consumers to fund manufacturing here.

We need to change the tax structure to penalize those who offshore labor, and give massive breaks to those who don't. Something trump promised in '16, and did the exact opposite in the end.

Conservatives typically don't agree with this

6. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,635 Times in 51,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I have a bit of a different take. I don't ever see our society getting back to 'normal'. If we examine history, science/tech achievements did indeed move us forward, and make our lives easier/better.

Setting aside automation for a second, when big corporations opted to increase profits by offshoring labor, we destroyed a huge segment of society. In the beginning, the wealthy always ended up with all of the money.

But...everyone got a chance to 'touch it' along the way. Salaries were spent on necessities and luxuries (two cars in the driveway, multiple televisions in the home) and the money always made its way back to the top. But that wasn't enough. It's never enough. Until/unless we get quality jobs back in this nation, our society will never be the same.

Once trump is dumped, you'll be arguing that 'the govt. doesn't create jobs'. You might not be as heinous as a typical conservative, but I'm sure you don't believe that the taxpayer should be taking up the slack for those who simply cannot feed themselves. We always rely on boom/bust cycles. Whether in the energy industry, housing, or automobiles.

That's not healthy for any society. I honestly do not see an answer, unless the govt. actually makes use of the trump tax on consumers to fund manufacturing here.

We need to change the tax structure to penalize those who offshore labor, and give massive breaks to those who don't. Something trump promised in '16, and did the exact opposite in the end.

Conservatives typically don't agree with this
    Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    right. most people think the new world order is gay. back to the drawing board globalist. learn to love the abyss. it's your new home.

8. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 72 Posts
    Blog Entries

So when you all start sucking each others dick that will be normal? Lmao. Faggot.

9. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    This won't age well.

Texas is NOT in play... Trump will win it by at least 7 points...
    Agreed. These perverts are grasping at straws.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Granule For This Post:

gfm7175 (10-31-2020)

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, as the youth become involved in politics, they tend to favor more govt. programs to fund aspects of society. It wouldn't be necessary if we still had quality manufacturing jobs. Which we never will.

I'm in a famous resort area that has long since withered on the vine. 50 years ago, kids grew up knowing that they didn't need to go to college in order to make a good living. The hotels boomed in the summer, and thousands of people were able to earn enough to live very comfortably.

That's gone. Not unlike our prior system where there were always manufacturing jobs for those who didn't wish to go to school.

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 119 Times in 114 Posts

Texas will be riding the crest of the Blue Tsunami.